Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 25 Recruiting Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to ESPN.com these are the revised top 25 recruting rankings:

1. USC (SoCal)
2. Syracuse
3. Florida
4. Indiana
5. Kansas State
6. Duke
7. Kentucky
8. Arizona
9. Ohio State
10. DePaul
11. Purdue
12. UNLV
13. Texas A&M
14. Cincinatti
15. Oklahoma
16. St. John's
17. Texas
18. Michigan State
19. Texas Tech
20. Pittsburgh
21. Nebraska
22. Villanova
23. Washington
24. Bradley
25. Oklahoma State
UK never would have been that high under Tubby
BFritz Wrote:UK never would have been that high under Tubby

I really don't understand the point of things like that. People who like Tubby won't even bring him up anymore but the people who couldn't wait for him to leave are the ones who can't get over it.

By the way, if memory served me correctly Tubby had the #1 class 3 years ago, a top 20 class last season.

Get over it.
lol Gillispie pretty much had two top 15 classes in the same year..UK at 7 and Texas A&M at 13..
alfus21 Wrote:I really don't understand the point of things like that. People who like Tubby won't even bring him up anymore but the people who couldn't wait for him to leave are the ones who can't get over it.

By the way, if memory served me correctly Tubby had the #1 class 3 years ago, a top 20 class last season.

Get over it.

I doubt it, and, if he did, he's even worse of a coach for not being able to do anything with all that talent.
Let me make this crystal clear to everyone posting in this thread. If it becomes personal I will close the thread immediately and start suspending people. Everyone needs to post ON TOPIC and not make it personal.

Sorry to be such a jerk but it seems as if the Kentucky subject sparks some issues with people and if we cannot keep it civil then the posters that continue to bring them down will be gone.
It's nice to see Cincinnati getting back in the hunt for some big name recruits. As for UK, I was excited already, but after seeing they landed a Top 10 class, I'm even more excited for the upcoming season and the future.
BFritz Wrote:I doubt it, and, if he did, he's even worse of a coach for not being able to do anything with all that talent.

You doubt what? Those were facts that I stated.

And why does anything to do with Tubby intrigue you so much now that he is gone? You waited all this time for him to resign and now that he has you can't stop talking about him. Smile Pretty comical.
I love not seeing Loserville, I mean Louisville on that list. And where the heck did Bradley come from?
Very excited that UK got 7th best recruiting class, will not complain about that. I am looking very foward to the upcoming season.
-STATS- Wrote:Very excited that UK got 7th best recruiting class, will not complain about that. I am looking very foward to the upcoming season.
I am as well!
It is just amazing to see how UK could go from in the 80s to top 10 recruiting class even with the program's distrations such as losing the center to the NBA, the head coach running away, and every expectation to be competitive out the window. CBC has really came in and shape this program into what is has needed to be for many many years.
wow i did think it would be top 10 class this is awsome.
Who all did USC get besides OJ that are making this years class overall #1?
As long as CBC is our coach will be in the top 20 class year in and year out for recruiting just on his work ethic alone! I can not wait to see where we will be at after Bradley and Crawford is gone (not to say I think that they are a bust or anything just that CBC can get better players in here).
alfus21 Wrote:You doubt what? Those were facts that I stated.

And why does anything to do with Tubby intrigue you so much now that he is gone? You waited all this time for him to resign and now that he has you can't stop talking about him. Smile Pretty comical.

The reason we can't get off it is because people who defended Tubby and said that it wasn't his fault that the program was on the decline and that UK was losing all the top recruits refuse to admit that they were wrong now that UK is getting top recruits to consider going there, but I guess it's all just a coincidence
BFritz Wrote:The reason we can't get off it is because people who defended Tubby and said that it wasn't his fault that the program was on the decline and that UK was losing all the top recruits refuse to admit that they were wrong now that UK is getting top recruits to consider going there, but I guess it's all just a coincidence

Smile Geez. Nevermind. He has nothing to do with this program any longer. I'm over it, and so is everybody else but you. #1 Class in 04, and a top 20 class in 06. Top recruits always look at UK regardless of who the coach is. BCG is a great recruiter, and I'm not denying that. Just let it go. Seriously.
Did anyone notice Bradley as # 24? That is impressive. does anyone know who they got that gave them such a high ranking?
ComfortEagle Wrote:According to ESPN.com these are the revised top 25 recruting rankings:

1. USC (SoCal)
2. Syracuse
3. Florida
4. Indiana
5. Kansas State
6. Duke
7. Kentucky
8. Arizona
9. Ohio State
10. DePaul
11. Purdue
12. UNLV
13. Texas A&M
14. Cincinatti
15. Oklahoma
16. St. John's
17. Texas
18. Michigan State
19. Texas Tech
20. Pittsburgh
21. Nebraska
22. Villanova
23. Washington
24. Bradley
25. Oklahoma State

No North Carolina! They only lost one player plus Wright from last year's team. They should still be top 10. I don't think UK should be that high until they've earned it. Maybe a number 15-20 ranking, but not top 10 yet.
Pacman Wrote:No North Carolina! They only lost one player plus Wright from last year's team. They should still be top 10. I don't think UK should be that high until they've earned it. Maybe a number 15-20 ranking, but not top 10 yet.

I think this ranking just tell the recruiting rankings not the actual rankin for next year
Here are the rankings per Rivals.com. Kentucky comes in at #13

LINK
Pacman Wrote:No North Carolina! They only lost one player plus Wright from last year's team. They should still be top 10. I don't think UK should be that high until they've earned it. Maybe a number 15-20 ranking, but not top 10 yet.

Calm down Pacman, these are RECRUITING rankings.

Not top 25 overall.

All this takes into account are this years recruiting classes.
Nice job by Coach G for the amount of time he had.