Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Along With Patterson, UK Signs........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if these were already listed.

Alex Legion from Oak Hill Academy- 6'5, 205, Guard, 45th on in the nation on Rivals.com

AJ Stewart- 6'7, 230, Forward, very athletic

Mike Williams- 7 foot, 270 pound center
The only one I'm worried about is Mike Williams.

Legion and Patterson should be great though.
Yeah Mike Williams has some big doubts coming with him, not many people think he can be very productive, may be another Shagari.
We really need a good center.

Who do we have??? Jared Carter and Mike Williams..........*sigh*
I watched the video of him on Rivals.com, he has a good looking jump shot. He was knocking down three's and mid-range jumpers, he also has a nice hook shot. But IMO, he won't make any impact at UK his freshman year. Maybe down the road, but not anytime soon.
Looking forward to seeing what Legion can do.
But 7'0 270 is alot better than 7'3 125! At least when someone comes down the lane, they can feel some kind of contact!
Shagari was about 270 too.
I seen a picture of this Williams dude and he looks like a pretty plump guy. I think he could clog up the lane, kind of like May from North Carolina a couple years ago. Of course May had offense to go with it, but if we can just get this dude to block out and get some key rebounds late in the game, I would consider it a success. We should be okay on the scoring end with Crawford, Bradley, Patterson, and Legion. Not to mention Porter and Stewart coming off the bench. I think UK has been lacking a dominate Center that can control the boards. If we can at least get that out of Williams, then everyone else can contribute on the offensive end.
overall a good class for BCG on short notice!!!!!!!!!!!
blackcat_student Wrote:I watched the video of him on Rivals.com, he has a good looking jump shot. He was knocking down three's and mid-range jumpers, he also has a nice hook shot. But IMO, he won't make any impact at UK his freshman year. Maybe down the road, but not anytime soon.

Yeah, that's what we need. Another 7 Footer who won't put his back to the basket, a la Lucas "Woo" Orbzut.Rolleyes
I think A.J. Stewart will be pretty good too, even though he's kinda become the forgotten man.
There will also be two new Walk-ons on the roster for next season.

Kerry Benson-PRP
Mark Krebs-Transfer from Thomas More College
BCF4L Wrote:I seen a picture of this Williams dude and he looks like a pretty plump guy. I think he could clog up the lane, kind of like May from North Carolina a couple years ago. Of course May had offense to go with it, but if we can just get this dude to block out and get some key rebounds late in the game, I would consider it a success. We should be okay on the scoring end with Crawford, Bradley, Patterson, and Legion. Not to mention Porter and Stewart coming off the bench. I think UK has been lacking a dominate Center that can control the boards. If we can at least get that out of Williams, then everyone else can contribute on the offensive end.

I agree, scoring shouldnt be a problem "if" the right offense is run. But how could you leave out Meeks, who just might be the best player we have coming back next year.
wooderson Wrote:I agree, scoring shouldnt be a problem "if" the right offense is run. But how could you leave out Meeks, who just might be the best player we have coming back next year.

I agree, I see everyone posting all of these names, but I havent seen Meeks any until Wooderson's post.
Shagari might have been listed at 270 but I would say he was about 210.
His bones weigh at least 200.
FBALL Wrote:His bones weigh at least 200.
exactly and all he was all bones
I think that maybe his head weighed 200 lbs by its self, Shagari had a huge head, seriously.
When you are that tall you weigh more than ya look....
-STATS- Wrote:I agree, I see everyone posting all of these names, but I havent seen Meeks any until Wooderson's post.

I didn't mention Meeks because the thread was originally about this year's incoming signees. If we're talking about current UK players, then I don't think anybody could leave out Meeks. I believe he is the most natural scorer on the team, and may end up being the leading scorer for the year.
UK has a real good shot to be very good in the near future. Billy G has already made an impact.