Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: It gets worse....Sanchez to Arkansas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I honestly think the fans might be playing a role in this. I said it before and I'll still stand by it. It's one thing to be a celeb here at UK but the fans put way too much early pressure on recruits by posting on their myspace and facebook sites. It would turn me away for sure.

At least this way we can hand out more scholarships in 08.
I still think UK will be better this season without Tubby as coach, and without all these overhyped recruits. We still have Crawford, Bradley and Jasper, maybe the 2 recruits that Tubby had already signed will contribute enough to make it a good year for UK. But for all u Tubby lovers out there, dont go nuts and blame Billy G and call for his head if they dont do too good this coming season, its only one year, have to give the man more time to get comfortable. I agree with u for once Alfus, all the fans posting things on these recruits myspace and facebook sites most likely steered them away from UK. Thats what the news said about the reason the big center chose UNLV over UK, but in all honesty, we didnt need another project center, so no big loss there. I wish we could have at least landed Sanchez, but oh well. I think UK will be fine.
Good signing for Paintsville native John Pelphrey, I wish him nothing but the best.
Watch and see...Sanchez is not that big of a miss for UK.

This "miss' could be a blessing in disguise.
Well I hope he does awesome at Arkansas anyways.
yeah i also wish Pelphery the best.
The idiot portion of the fans are certainly playing a huge role in not getting Donovan and some of these recruits. Hamga straight out said it.
alfus21 Wrote:I honestly think the fans might be playing a role in this. I said it before and I'll still stand by it. It's one thing to be a celeb here at UK but the fans put way too much early pressure on recruits by posting on their myspace and facebook sites. It would turn me away for sure.

At least this way we can hand out more scholarships in 08.

I think it's more "the Florida factor" than anything. Here you have a guy in Sanchez, a native of Arkansas and can choose between to SEC teams with new coaches - one being a former Florida assistant. If I were in his shoes and deciding which "new" program to attend, I would choose the one closest to home simply because of the change and X-factor of not knowing what to expect with a new coach.

I agree with FOX, this will probably be a "no-miss" situation anyway. The kid has had knee problems right? Besides, these guys like Lucas, Patterson and Sanchez have been waiting until the last minute to build hype around themselves to help propel their stock to NBA scouts. The problem is, they have to produce on the court in the coming months.
Sanchez was the last recruit on my mind throughout all of this. Not really worried that we didn't land anyone. Patterson will go to Florida with Lucas and that suits me just fine. I don't think that Sanchez could deliver anything for us anyway.
98 Wrote:The idiot portion of the fans are certainly playing a huge role in not getting Donovan and some of these recruits. Hamga straight out said it.

Could very well be. But on the flipside, if Hamga thought messages on Myspace was pressure then he wasn't ready for 24k at Rupp. JMO
98 Wrote:The idiot portion of the fans are certainly playing a huge role in not getting Donovan and some of these recruits. Hamga straight out said it.

I guess those diehard Hoosier fans are more respectful and feel comfortable with expectations of bowing out every year in the field of 32. I can't fault over-zealous UK fans from wanting more. It creates excitement. And if the players can't handle the excitement and pressure, then they should go somewhere like Indiana or UNLV where a Sweet 16 season is a success.
Congrats Coach Pelphrey and Matt Figger! Great sign by the Hogs!! Wooooooooooo Dirtmouth Sooey!!!! And by the way Cat fans..reeeelllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaxx..Its going to be alright. Trust me, Billy Clyde will be just fine, and its still going to be an incredibly fun season in Lexington. Didnt build Rome in one day..Let Jai Lucas go to Florida and watch Calathies (spelling?) play. Let Patterson and his supremely overhyped butt follow him. Those two would be nothing but distractions in Lexington anyways. Sanchez is Arkansas home grown, and was just a great sign by the two Eastern Kentucky coaches..but relax Catfans, its gonna be alright..
If thousands of people sent me messages on Myspace and Facebook about how they wanted me to come and play for them, I'd take that as an awesome thing...