Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lucas Chooses Florida...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Link to follow...As posted earlier in another thread.
Well at least the suspense is over and UK can start concentrating on getting everything together.
If we fail at landing Sanchez, whether he goes to play a prep season or not, and if (when) Patterson chooses Florida, UK should save the scholarships for the future and play with the hand we're dealt with.

Get used to it guys. It's not going to be an overnight turnaround in Lexington. But BCG did a good job of being thrown into the fire and staying in the hunt until the end.
I agree JJ, he done one heck of a job trying to get Lucas and we shouldnt be ashamed. With Lucas choosing Florida and Hamga choosing UNLV, I guess strike 3 will come on wednesday.
The wait is over as the Bellaire basketball star announced at a news conference on Monday that he's signing a National Letter of Intent to play for the Gators next season.

"They've lost almost their whole team, mainly the point guard position, Taurean Green," Lucas said. "I feel like if I come in and produce, I can play right away."

Link to the complete AP story from the Houston Chronicle...
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4802080.html
I'm sick...Sad. I didn't like him that much anyway...
Lucas was not the savior at KY anyway guys.
Don't jump off any bridges.

BTW...I believe UK will get Patterson.
Patterson will be at FL with Lucas.
I'm not too worried about not getting Lucas. He may be quick, but he lacks size. I've seen him listed from 5'8 150 to 5'10 170, I think he is mainly a legacy and only got attention because of who his father is. I believe we are high up on the #1 PG for 2008 list. CBC will get things rolling, he already got the Legion kid, in time UK will be back.
Sanchez committed to Arkansas, that's strike 3.

Patterson will be Strike 4 in about 24 hours.
98 Wrote:Sanchez committed to Arkansas, that's strike 3.

Patterson will be Strike 4 in about 24 hours.

It works out all the same. We were in the fight, we stayed in the top two for everyone and now we have a bunch of scholarships to hand out to the 08 class. UK will have enough talent in this season's team to play a good game of ball anyway. BCG didn't land who he wanted to but he sure left an impression by just getting out there from day one and putting our name on those boy's list. We can't expect a miracle worker.
well Lucas made his show out of it (as Im sure Patterson will too), now he can go to Florida and be an average (at best) PG..and trust me, even if they dont land Patterson, BCG wouldnt have needed this kind of distraction that they WILL BRING whereever they go. UK will be just fine without him, and will be fine without the both of them. This isnt a circus, like theyve made it out to be, its UK basketball, and its survived losing players to other schools, and this wont be any different..