Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Preseason favorites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are your top few teams in each division with your favorite? I’ll take a shot at it.

D-1 Southern, Northern, North Laurel, Westport (if jcps will take their heads out of their butts.)
D-2 Caudill, Corbin, Taylor County
D-3 Pikeville, Meece, Belfry
7th Corbin, Bowling Green, Northern, Johnson Central
Remember its reclassification year. Who will go up, who will go down.
I'd love to see some of the folks who have more insight sound off on their respective teams and what they have coming back or coming in.

Looks to me that Southern Middle will have a real shot at the title in D3 next year. They the only loss in their division last year was to North Laurel and it was an overtime loss at that. Caudill Middle beat them twice but unless they are reclassified to D3, they wont face them in the championship.

Caudill Middle has to be the favorite right now in D2. That team was a handful last year for everyone they played. Corbin and Boyle County I am sure will be poised to give them their best an not make it easy for anyone.

D3 is hard to predict. Meece could make a run if their linemen develop. They'll also have to have some of the 7th graders next year play quality minutes. They'll be ok just lots of questions still to be answered. Pikeville and Belfry are always tough and next year wont be any different I'm sure. A lot of these smaller teams don't compete in the 7th grade bracket as they use the 7th graders to play up in the tournament. I'd be curious who has insight on any of the teams.

Like plantmanky said as well, what teams reclassify to where will also play a role. And if they get some teams in the mix that weren't there last year, it could change the whole dynamic of the tournament.
Boyle Co will be good but nowhere near as good as the last 4-5 seasons.
Corbin's enrollment has jump over last few years. Any chance the move up to D-1?
Lets get this thread back going now that the season has started.
Boyle Co will a little better than I first anticipated. No stars but well coached and tough kids.
I hear there is another Lanter in the pipeline for Boyle. That can't hurt.
With 2 weeks in what is people opinion
basscatcher Wrote:With 2 weeks in what is people opinion

Still tough to tell for me, haven't seen many others play. I can only speak for Boyle Co.

We are much better than I anticipated but is that good enough to win the state tourney? Who knows? I'd say we have a shot anyway.
basscatcher Wrote:With 2 weeks in what is people opinion

Southern Middle could be the team to beat in D1. Corbin went up 14-0 and Southern answered with a 36-6 run to win 36-20.

D2 Boyle isn’t the dominate team from last year, but they’ll be a very hard out for teams. I love they have a physical line and a tough group of kids who get after it on defense. Do not sleep on that group.

D1 ? Raceland if they play in the tournament could give teams fits. I’m sure the usual suspects are good in Pikeville, Belfry, LCA. I haven’t seen many of the small teams in action yet.

It’s too early to know as of yet who is the best overall.
There is a D2 team that may give Boyle and the rest of D2 a huge run for their money with all the outside talent the team took in during the off season. Going to be exciting.
plantmanky Wrote:There is a D2 team that may give Boyle and the rest of D2 a huge run for their money with all the outside talent the team took in during the off season. Going to be exciting.

Who is that?
I heared corbyn got beat bad by the pulaki school
CowboyDad Wrote:Southern Middle could be the team to beat in D1. Corbin went up 14-0 and Southern answered with a 36-6 run to win 36-20.

D2 Boyle isn’t the dominate team from last year, but they’ll be a very hard out for teams. I love they have a physical line and a tough group of kids who get after it on defense. Do not sleep on that group.

D1 ? Raceland if they play in the tournament could give teams fits. I’m sure the usual suspects are good in Pikeville, Belfry, LCA. I haven’t seen many of the small teams in action yet.

Belfry is inexperienced and is a work in progress.
Corbin was up 14 to 0 in the first quarter then southern went on a 36 to 6 run final score 36 to 20
I believe Raceland will be playing in the tournament this year.
Knox Middle will be a hard team to knock off in D2. Very physical team that plays hard. Beat a good Southern Pulaski team.
FootballFan50 Wrote:Knox Middle will be a hard team to knock off in D2. Very physical team that plays hard. Beat a good Southern Pulaski team.

S Pulaski has some really good players so that is a great win for Knox.
CowboyDad Wrote:Southern Middle could be the team to beat in D1. Corbin went up 14-0 and Southern answered with a 36-6 run to win 36-20.

Pikeville and Raceland are playing tonight at Raceland. Should be a good one!