Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Patterson To Let Everyone Know At Press Conference
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has scheduled a press conference for Wednesday the 16th to make his choice known according to WSAZ.
He's Florida bound. JMO. Him and Lucas both.
I wonder how much (if any) Billy D's flirting with the NBA will affect their decision? Had Memphis agreed to give Donovan full control, he would've been gone.

I'd love to get Patterson, but I won't lose any sleep if we don't get Lucas.
Isn't Lucas supposed to announce on Monday night?
DevilsWin Wrote:Isn't Lucas supposed to announce on Monday night?

Yeah, he is making his decision Monday night.
Chomp..chomp..chomp!!! Can You Say Gator Bound!
We need Patterson badly...UK hasn't had a great PF in about 10 years.
cig107 Wrote:We need Patterson badly...UK hasn't had a great PF in about 10 years.
What about Chuck Hayes? Patterson will announce on Wednesday. Either we get him or we get Sanchez. Either way the Cats will be ok.
My Dads birthday is the 16th so hes hoping he can get a few good presents in Patterson and Lucas, but Id say they will head to Florida.
He wasnt a pure PF like I am talking about...he did'nt dominate down low and he didnt have the size of Patterson. I think Patterson has the potential to be a the best PF in the NCAA.
GUARANTEE HE WILL DAWN THE GATOR CHOMP at the press conference before he even mentions the college , and then slide that Florida hat on his head!
no he's drug this out so far, he'll probably pull out a hat with a freakin question mark on the front of it with a "if you all want to know where im playing next year, tune in next week to find out my surprise team!"
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:GUARANTEE HE WILL DAWN THE GATOR CHOMP at the press conference before he even mentions the college , and then slide that Florida hat on his head!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:GUARANTEE HE WILL DAWN THE GATOR CHOMP at the press conference before he even mentions the college , and then slide that Florida hat on his head!

Is it a "done deal" PLAYBOYS? If you say it is, it will make me feel better about UK's chances.

So what do I get if your "guarantee" isn't true?
I think the question should be..What do I get WHEN THIS IS TRUE!
I guess I should not guarantee anything, but would be VERY suprised if he doesn't choose Florida! I would love for him to pull a UK hat out and slam it on that head! IMO, I think we need Patterson as bad as UK has EVER needed a player in the past 25 years! We have NO DEPTH in the Forward/Center position. I love the 3 Guard lineup that Coach G is going to run, but landing Patterson..WOW..This is HUGE! And if Coach G does land him, he needs to run for governor!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:IMO, I think we need Patterson as bad as UK has EVER needed a player in the past 25 years! !

One player does not make the UK program.

Whether he comes or not, UK will be ok.
PP is not the savior and could prove to be more of a distraction than the Cats need.
Patterson is all about Patterson...he is only choosing a college as a stepping stone to the NBA(he hopes)...as soon as possible.
http://www.kentucky.com/276/story/64769.html

Read this quotes from his dad..."He's not quite decided yet," the elder Patterson said. "The next couple days and over the weekend, he'll have to go into some deep thought."

His coach..."I know he's going to make the right decision," McGuffin said. "I feel real good about it. Since I've had him, he's always made good decisions, and I don't see it changing. He's really thought this through. He listens to the right people."

Is this really that big of a deal? How much more hype can we handle? Will ESPN News cover the press conference live? Really...It's just getting ridiculous. Patterson has obviously taken some advice from Mayo on how to properly be a ringmaster at your own circus.

Don't you miss the old days when youngsters counted it an honor to be asked to come to a program like Duke, Kentucky, etc? Where's the respect for the program trying to accomodate you and let you display your skills on the highest level? The attitudes of some of these premadonna's is terrible and it's killing the game.
They may have to widen all the doorways at whatever school these two go to, to allow for the big noggins they have developed during the process! Smile