Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County Coaching Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Let's keep it on topic. One has already got the boot for being inconsiderate to others. Anyone else wanna get booted?
Strikeout King Wrote:Let's keep it on topic. One has already got the boot for being inconsiderate to others. Anyone else wanna get booted?

I missed it. I hope I didn't say anything boot worthy. lol
Whitley should hire Doug as the radio guy. That would definitely peak interest in the program! Heck I’d listen to it! As far as coaches I don’t know. I know there’s a lot out there that want a shot. But from what I’ve gathered from the Whitley faithful on here they are almost set up to fail. Would one want to go there knowing that? What if it’s like a chapell situation with them? And they still want to coach, I’d be worried that would tarnish my record. Whitley has the tools to be successful. Will they be state champs successful, no. They’re in a bad class for that with what they have. But I could see a coach coming in, and if given full control of all aspects, having a dang good program. Until then, I don’t know. Good luck.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:So, when Whitley County “steals” your coach in a month or so are you gonna troll threads looking to spew hate against them? Biggest rumor I’ve heard is that Larkey is gonna be the guy at Whitley. He’ll be a perfect fit. He plays kids based on their last name then complains when the players leave.

Don't hang that on me, there are very few coaches at NL that I'm happy with Larkey being one of them but I don't think anyone here has to worry about him going to Whitley because he'd wants to keep Black on staff. Kids leaving schools to go to Corbin isn't just a problem North Laurel has, it seems like its nationwide.
Hound05 Wrote:Whitley should hire Doug as the radio guy. That would definitely peak interest in the program! Heck I’d listen to it! As far as coaches I don’t know. I know there’s a lot out there that want a shot. But from what I’ve gathered from the Whitley faithful on here they are almost set up to fail. Would one want to go there knowing that? What if it’s like a chapell situation with them? And they still want to coach, I’d be worried that would tarnish my record. Whitley has the tools to be successful. Will they be state champs successful, no. They’re in a bad class for that with what they have. But I could see a coach coming in, and if given full control of all aspects, having a dang good program. Until then, I don’t know. Good luck.

If they hire the right man they'll surprise a lot of people as early as next season.
blueandgreen Wrote:Don't hang that on me, there are very few coaches at NL that I'm happy with Larkey being one of them but I don't think anyone here has to worry about him going to Whitley because he'd wants to keep Black on staff. Kids leaving schools to go to Corbin isn't just a problem North Laurel has, it seems like its nationwide.

lol
For the kids sake, let's hope that they find a good coach and the administration let's them coach
pjdoug Wrote:If they hire the right man they'll surprise a lot of people as early as next season.

Well stop dancing around, who do you want to see there?!
Hound05 Wrote:Well stop dancing around, who do you want to see there?!

They won't let me make the decisionSmile
pjdoug Wrote:They won't let me make the decisionSmile

It’s the season dougie, make a wish. If you could hire a realistic coach who would you hire. I respect your opinion, I want to see who you would hire if you could. Not to make fun just want a true fans perspective
blueandgreen Wrote:Perfect example of why no one likes Corbin a coaching vacancy comes open all the corbin clowns are trying to tell that school system who they should hire and how to start running their teams. Maybe just maybe if the kids were left alone and attended the school in the district they are supposed to be in then the surrounding schools could have really good teams also. It took hiring some guy away from corbin to help them start winning again 1980 is a long time ago, a really long time ago they've been no different than every other school close by till recently

And tell me the reason no one likes London/Laurel Co.?
They are arrogant without the tradition..
I was thinking this would be a good thread but that’s what I get for thinking. I out!
campbellfield Wrote:And tell me the reason no one likes London/Laurel Co.?

I would definitely go out of this area Smile
footballfever Wrote:I was thinking this would be a good thread but that’s what I get for thinking. I out!

It can't be a good thread with Corbin making the hire. lol
campbellfield Wrote:And tell me the reason no one likes London/Laurel Co.?

Both arrogant as can be but corbin way worse
Both places have tradition and laurel probably more than corbin
Corbin has football but aunt won since 1982 or 81 and not that good in anything else specially girl sport

Laurel has dominated basketball and softball and baseball

Whitley probly the nicest people
Could someone with just a little knowledge reply?
I will agree to Laurel dominating softball but we are in the football forum.

Most of Corbin is inside of Whitley Co....

Aunt??? I guess you meant ain’t (not really a word cept round these here parts) Corbin hasn’t or has not would be correct. Sorry, I guess I’m being arrogant...
First time I’ve ever been associated with the grammar police, couldn’t resist “aunt”...

Back to the Whitley search.
campbellfield Wrote:Could someone with just a little knowledge reply?
I will agree to Laurel dominating softball but we are in the football forum.

Most of Corbin is inside of Whitley Co....

Aunt??? I guess you meant ain’t (not really a word cept round these here parts) Corbin hasn’t or has not would be correct. Sorry, I guess I’m being arrogant...
First time I’ve ever been associated with the grammar police, couldn’t resist “aunt”...

Back to the Whitley search.

ain't is a word.:ChairHit:. Is Whitley County waiting for Dudley or another top coach to lose their playoff games this week?
The 2 names that I have heard are Wayne Mills, about 2 weeks ago someone said he will be the coach at Whitley next year. And a rumor I heard around a week ago was Dudley would be going to Whitley. I am not anywhere close to having inside info just sharing what I heard over a few cold ones. Both names came out before Chappell resigned.
I also heard a rumor surrounding Corbin at the same time.
Ain’t either. I know it was made a word by some dictionaries but...
Don’t = do not
Doesn’t = does not
Can’t = can not
You’re = you are (not urine) (your isn’t (is not) the same thing)
But what does ain’t really mean??
campbellfield Wrote:The 2 names that I have heard are Wayne Mills, about 2 weeks ago someone said he will be the coach at Whitley next year. And a rumor I heard around a week ago was Dudley would be going to Whitley. I am not anywhere close to having inside info just sharing what I heard over a few cold ones. Both names came out before Chappell resigned.

Mills can take over at Corbin.
campbellfield Wrote:Ain’t either. I know it was made a word by some dictionaries but...
Don’t = do not
Doesn’t = does not
Can’t = can not
You’re = you are (not urine) (your isn’t (is not) the same thing)
But what does ain’t really mean??

I speak proper Olde English and ain't is a word. if you don't know what it means I'm afeared you're a furriner.
I would love to see dudley go to Whitley for 2 reasons. Bell county’s reaction would be priceless being one. Two, just to see how Doug would take it. I’m up in the air on that one. He would have success at Whitley. But I don’t see the admin from what everyone has said having a coach like him on board. I guess to say, “it aunt gona happin”
Hound05 Wrote:I would love to see dudley go to Whitley for 2 reasons. Bell county’s reaction would be priceless being one. Two, just to see how Doug would take it. I’m up in the air on that one. He would have success at Whitley. But I don’t see the admin from what everyone has said having a coach like him on board. I guess to say, “it aunt gona happin”

Look for Dudley or another top coach to take over and turn the program around.
I am hearing Steve Bird to Whitley? WOW
Names are flying like crazy. Which it’s expected
Dudley is 97 years old guys, he will retire at Log Mountain. Id say Boyle County could care less where he coaches because Boyle County is simply Boyle County. They are on another level. Only team in KY that could possibly beat them will be playing them this Friday night. Good luck to Whitley County though. They need to find a coach that knows Xs and O's and better yet how to develop kids. Elementary all the way up to High School. To many High School coaches are just worried about their High School teams when the reason the HS teams are mediocre is the kids are not being pushed and taught how to play Elementary/Middle School level. You got to start them young.
campbellfield Wrote:The 2 names that I have heard are Wayne Mills, about 2 weeks ago someone said he will be the coach at Whitley next year. And a rumor I heard around a week ago was Dudley would be going to Whitley. I am not anywhere close to having inside info just sharing what I heard over a few cold ones. Both names came out before Chappell resigned.
I have heard Mills. I have heard Hilton. I have heard Larkey. I have heard about a million other names. Whitley tried very very hard for Hilton when he went back to Bell. From the RUMORS that I heard (I have no inside information about this), Hilton seriously considered it before Bell out bid them by a large margin. IMO Hilton goes where the cash flows.

Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Dudley is 97 years old guys, he will retire at Log Mountain. Id say Boyle County could care less where he coaches because Boyle County is simply Boyle County. They are on another level. Only team in KY that could possibly beat them will be playing them this Friday night. Good luck to Whitley County though. They need to find a coach that knows Xs and O's and better yet how to develop kids. Elementary all the way up to High School. To many High School coaches are just worried about their High School teams when the reason the HS teams are mediocre is the kids are not being pushed and taught how to play Elementary/Middle School level. You got to start them young.
Dudley is only 63. He is actually younger than I, but he looks a dang sight older!!! (dang sight is also Old English)
Dudley has always recruited like a college coaches. I don't want to speculate on him because I can't be objective about him. He wins. But at what cost?
What did Dudley eat when he stopped at the Colonel Market?
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Dudley is 97 years old guys, he will retire at Log Mountain. Id say Boyle County could care less where he coaches because Boyle County is simply Boyle County. They are on another level. Only team in KY that could possibly beat them will be playing them this Friday night. Good luck to Whitley County though. They need to find a coach that knows Xs and O's and better yet how to develop kids. Elementary all the way up to High School. To many High School coaches are just worried about their High School teams when the reason the HS teams are mediocre is the kids are not being pushed and taught how to play Elementary/Middle School level. You got to start them young.

I completely agree with you that it starts with the youth league. They need taught the fundamentals and prepared all the way up.
Granny Bear Wrote:I have heard Mills. I have heard Hilton. I have heard Larkey. I have heard about a million other names. Whitley tried very very hard for Hilton when he went back to Bell. From the RUMORS that I heard (I have no inside information about this), Hilton seriously considered it before Bell out bid them by a large margin. IMO Hilton goes where the cash flows.

Dudley is only 63. He is actually younger than I, but he looks a dang sight older!!! (dang sight is also Old English)
Dudley has always recruited like a college coaches. I don't want to speculate on him because I can't be objective about him. He wins. But at what cost?

He is not quite as old as I thought Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39