Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County Coaching Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Perfect example of why no one likes Corbin a coaching vacancy comes open all the corbin clowns are trying to tell that school system who they should hire and how to start running their teams. Maybe just maybe if the kids were left alone and attended the school in the district they are supposed to be in then the surrounding schools could have really good teams also. It took hiring some guy away from corbin to help them start winning again 1980 is a long time ago, a really long time ago they've been no different than every other school close by till recently
When was the last time North Laurel won a state title in football? A region title? Oh yeah that’s right I guess they haven’t.
blueandgreen Wrote:Perfect example of why no one likes Corbin a coaching vacancy comes open all the corbin clowns are trying to tell that school system who they should hire and how to start running their teams. Maybe just maybe if the kids were left alone and attended the school in the district they are supposed to be in then the surrounding schools could have really good teams also. It took hiring some guy away from corbin to help them start winning again 1980 is a long time ago, a really long time ago they've been no different than every other school close by till recently

:hilarious: True
blueandgreen Wrote:Perfect example of why no one likes Corbin a coaching vacancy comes open all the corbin clowns are trying to tell that school system who they should hire and how to start running their teams. Maybe just maybe if the kids were left alone and attended the school in the district they are supposed to be in then the surrounding schools could have really good teams also. It took hiring some guy away from corbin to help them start winning again 1980 is a long time ago, a really long time ago they've been no different than every other school close by till recently

Yeah I wouldn't listen to a team that has had success either, they obviously have no idea what they're talking about.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Yeah I wouldn't listen to a team that has had success either, they obviously have no idea what they're talking about.
Especially when they have success because they have your players. :happysmile:
pjdoug Wrote:Especially when they have success because they have your players. :happysmile:

Have a program that's worth playing for and your kids won't leave.

OR play the political game watch your kids play elsewhere while fans complain about it on a message board. 😎
The Spread Wrote:Have a program that's worth playing for and your kids won't leave.

OR play the political game watch your kids play elsewhere while fans complain about it on a message board. 😎

most programs dont have the free benifit of jobs, housing, tuition free, etc to offer like corbutt
2face Wrote:most programs dont have the free benifit of jobs, housing, tuition free, etc to offer like corbutt

You said something half way smart again Confusednicker:

pjdoug Wrote:Especially when they have success because they have your players. :happysmile:

You think Whitley doesn't have kids capable of winning games on their team right now?
If Whitley played corbutts district schedule and region Than I’d say they have just as much success
FootballFan1999 Wrote:You think Whitley doesn't have kids capable of winning games on their team right now?

I know they do. They'd have a lot more if they had the right leadership.
Just like to add I am a bell fan and have been for years. Been a backer and supporter had my own kid gone through the program. Don’t always agree with everything that happens but I support the kids and the program. Had specific contact with many in the program over time. Wayne Mills is a outstanding person and coach. I watched my own kid have interaction with him and others over his years of assistant and head coach at Bell. I’d say that was 10 or 12 years anyway. He is a big believer and driver in the weight room. My boy loved him as a coach and still does to this day. I have all the respect for him and his coaching abilities. People will always have their own opinions but mine are from years of knowing him. Whitley or any other program would benefit in making the hire if it comes to that if he even wants the job. I know he has a son playing there at Corbin for him now.
I don't think he wants to move again, but I know a guy who would take Whitley to heights they have never been. Paul Rains.

So, when Whitley County “steals” your coach in a month or so are you gonna troll threads looking to spew hate against them? Biggest rumor I’ve heard is that Larkey is gonna be the guy at Whitley. He’ll be a perfect fit. He plays kids based on their last name then complains when the players leave.
2face Wrote:If Whitley played corbutts district schedule and region Than I’d say they have just as much success

Yeah, but they wouldn’t. The team that came second in our district ran the clock on Whitley.
Making that hire would put them in the same place as their last coach. Plus don’t kid yourself, Larkey wants no part of playing Corbin once a year.
Running Back Wrote:Just like to add I am a bell fan and have been for years. Been a backer and supporter had my own kid gone through the program. Don’t always agree with everything that happens but I support the kids and the program. Had specific contact with many in the program over time. Wayne Mills is a outstanding person and coach. I watched my own kid have interaction with him and others over his years of assistant and head coach at Bell. I’d say that was 10 or 12 years anyway. He is a big believer and driver in the weight room. My boy loved him as a coach and still does to this day. I have all the respect for him and his coaching abilities. People will always have their own opinions but mine are from years of knowing him. Whitley or any other program would benefit in making the hire if it comes to that if he even wants the job. I know he has a son playing there at Corbin for him now.

He wants the job but they don't want him.
Iam4thecats Wrote:I don't think he wants to move again, but I know a guy who would take Whitley to heights they have never been. Paul Rains.

What is he doing now?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:So, when Whitley County “steals” your coach in a month or so are you gonna troll threads looking to spew hate against them? Biggest rumor I’ve heard is that Larkey is gonna be the guy at Whitley. He’ll be a perfect fit. He plays kids based on their last name then complains when the players leave.

Larkey will go to Corbin before he goes to Whitley.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:So, when Whitley County “steals” your coach in a month or so are you gonna troll threads looking to spew hate against them? Biggest rumor I’ve heard is that Larkey is gonna be the guy at Whitley. He’ll be a perfect fit. He plays kids based on their last name then complains when the players leave.

Lolololol

It’s not stealing them when your middle school coaches get their plays off madden and the kids realize they are smarter than them. They figure out they have no chance before they get in HS. Hahaha.
64SUR Wrote:I got a cousin in Texas and he is interested in the coaching job who do I contact Pjdoug :partyhard

Hey 64 you guys stop by on the way back from Knoxville have not seen Rex in a long time we will knock down a few, hope he knows what he is applying for.
cherokee Wrote:Hey 64 you guys stop by on the way back from Knoxville have not seen Rex in a long time we will knock down a few, hope he knows what he is applying for.

Waiting on the plane to land he will be glad to see you for sure. I will be driving him up north early tomorrow morning to Covington Catholic and back to the airport at 8.00 in Knoxville, He got a game in Austin Friday night :popcorn: He is applying on line for the Whitley job for a backup plan if it don’t work out up north. We will be at you’re house around 7.30 tonight
pjdoug Wrote:I know they do. They'd have a lot more if they had the right leadership.

That’s exactly what I’m saying. Kinda line the baseball hire at Whitley. Bring someone in who’s not tied into Whitley or has never been in anyway and watch good things happen. Whether that’s a coach currently at corbin, at any school surrounding. As long as he has no ties to Whitley.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:That’s exactly what I’m saying. Kinda line the baseball hire at Whitley. Bring someone in who’s not tied into Whitley or has never been in anyway and watch good things happen. Whether that’s a coach currently at corbin, at any school surrounding. As long as he has no ties to Whitley.
I agreed with you until you said Corbin. lol...Go to Tennessee and get a coach Smile
pjdoug Wrote:What is he doing now?

He has a house in Stamping Ground near Georgetown and didn't coach this year.
64SUR Wrote:Waiting on the plane to land he will be glad to see you for sure. I will be driving him up north early tomorrow morning to Covington Catholic and back to the airport at 8.00 in Knoxville, He got a game in Austin Friday night :popcorn: He is applying on line for the Whitley job for a backup plan if it don’t work out up north. We will be at you’re house around 7.30 tonight

I hope you can't drink beer because your nose is so long from telling lies.
Iam4thecats Wrote:He has a house in Stamping Ground near Georgetown and didn't coach this year.

He is probably through coaching.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39