Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County Coaching Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
well everybody guess it right who the new coach going be
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Mark it down. Whitley will be competing for region championships within three seasons. They’ll win one within six if they let him do his thing.

Your funny, you seen their new district.
Oh well, we will have to give it a shot for a while. Just shows lack of football knowledge from the principal and his evaluation of athletes in his school. Was not who I recommend. Good luck
Oh wow.

I don't know. Always though Neil Warren made Jep look better than he was.
congrats and good luck to the new hire
Chappell to........? where was he when Irwin was at SL?
Perry Central?
PJ they didn’t bring any Corbin assistants like most said. But I tried to tell them NO way Mills would be considered.
Chappell, Chappell, Chappell, oh well time to start hitting the New Year's Eve beverage earlier than I was planning on.
Lol. I can't believe the negativity from some Whitley people about this hire. I'm assuming that it's because you know nothing about him, and basing it all off his last season at a school in Georgia. But we need to save all these post and look back 3 years from now. I'd bet my house on it, that there isn't a coach around that would've been even close to as good a hire as this. You are extremely lucky to have got him as a coach, and the kids will love playing for him. I'd put his offense up against anyone in the state. Isn't that what Whitley fans was upset with the whole time Chappell was there?
3 years. So this years sophomores and juniors shouldn’t be excited about the hire. This freshman class can be getting pumped for their senior year!!
Same for you, it is about the type athlete we have in our school not the coach. We don’t have a Qb 6-12 grade. So let’s hire a spread guy. I do know tons about him, watched his teams multiple times along with many practices. My nephew played for him. Good Coach a tad over rated by you.
John Siler is a magician. This is a slide of hands trick, he makes you think this is a homerun hire but this is a way for Bob to control the football team. This guy may have a longer leash but even in the announcement they brought up Bob and his ties. Whitley doesn’t have the athletes for his offense to work, next problem is coaching staff. Is he bringing a staff or get the leftovers. His accomplishments in Ga. can’t mean much to Ky. fan due to athletes in Marietta are more athletic than in Whitley county as a whole. Keep in mind his record at south was during the four class system and he won the games he was suppose to, never won two playoff games in his three years at south. Also in 04 lost to 60-14 to a team that beat Whitley 48-6, so 15 years later back to where they started. Now those are my questions and thoughts, he may be a great guy but thats what they just fired was a great guy who they wouldn’t let do their job. I hope they let him do his job and they win every game but when they play Corbin.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Lol. I can't believe the negativity from some Whitley people about this hire. I'm assuming that it's because you know nothing about him, and basing it all off his last season at a school in Georgia. But we need to save all these post and look back 3 years from now. I'd bet my house on it, that there isn't a coach around that would've been even close to as good a hire as this. You are extremely lucky to have got him as a coach, and the kids will love playing for him. I'd put his offense up against anyone in the state. Isn't that what Whitley fans was upset with the whole time Chappell was there?

The kids loved playing for Chappell and I never had a problem with his offense. Knew last year was going to be down based on what Whitley graduated but I enjoyed the style he played at Whitley.
Who’s Whitley play this yr besides Corbin and distract games
This is a great hire for Whitley........Lot of good football times in the near future.
Considering Lassiter plays in the largest class and toughest league in Georgia he’s done well. He’s won 2regionals and schools only state semi. He was 1-9 this year. Also I believe he resigned wasn’t fired. Also how many coaches, especially SEKY can say the beat Corbin 3 straight years.
12th Cole brown
11th no one
10th Caden Petrey
9th mason Croley
8th ty Hamblin
7th Cooper Prewitt
Griffin bates
6th Kaden powers
5th Evan Ellis

The Petrey kids a beast with a cannon and played a great freshman qb.
The Croley kid has been team Ky fbu qb 3x beating out the KPG Allstate QB.
Somebody has to play the position. I can pay for any camp and get a certificate. I have watch the games they played, not the camps they go to. Just wait and see.
Just curious does anyone know what position his son plays. In the article from ga paper he said he was planning to continue to teach and be a football parent to his child. Maybe his son can come in and play qb.
Heard rumors petrey giving up football to focus on baseball (much better baseball player imo). Can't throw a freshman out there with that schedule he will get beat and pounded on all season. Graduation taking their top 3 wide receivers and he is coming in bringing a passing offense. Wish him the best especially if the top 2 returning backs transfer out. It's going to be a long season at the County. I'll probably cruise down the road to watch the killer bees next season.
I love the whining over the hire. Chappell was a great dude and was great to the kids....

All of you....”that ain’t my coach!” Guys

Buy a new hat! Get a new school to root! Get behind Irwin and push.... pull your weight!

Trumps your president and JEPS OUR MAN.

If we all had done that with Chappell he’d probably still be there! Everyone complained until they ran him off.... then he was “a good guy” and “the kids love him” but no one cared before.
Good call colonel. Buy certificate and camps. Lol.....
KEEPITREAL Wrote:I love the whining over the hire. Chappell was a great dude and was great to the kids....

All of you....”that ain’t my coach!” Guys

Buy a new hat! Get a new school to root! Get behind Irwin and push.... pull your weight!

Trumps your president and JEPS OUR MAN.

If we all had done that with Chappell he’d probably still be there! Everyone complained until they ran him off.... then he was “a good guy” and “the kids love him” but no one cared before.

That is what it means to get the community behind you and your hire. This administration has yet to involve the community whatsoever. Reap what you sow.
KEEPITREAL Wrote:Good call colonel. Buy certificate and camps. Lol.....

Last I check you don’t play games or full contact at camp. Go watch them play. Brown was the best we had and this offense doesn’t suit him at all. Everyone is a coach, go back and play Madden some more.
My 2 cents from an old man living on a side of a mountain in Arjay Ky. Hiring someone from out of state is very dangerous! We did it a couple years ago in football and it was a pure mess. I’ve seen several coaches brought in over the years and can’t think of an out of state coach that has worked in Eastern Ky. (Someone might prove me wrong). But there are a lot of good coaches around that have proven to be successful in our area. Why bring in someone like this? Just an honest opinion....
Rainingthrees Wrote:Your funny, you seen their new district.

I know who they have in district, wait and see. If there had been a six class system when Irwin was at South Laurel they would’ve won a region title back then. They won’t be able to beat the very best in 5a. They’ll play with and beat Pulaski and southwestern some over the years though.
I should have told everybody 2 weeks ago instead of keeping it a secret. :welcome: Coach Jeb Irwin to Whitley County football Confusednicker:
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Mark it down. Whitley will be competing for region championships within three seasons. They’ll win one within six if they let him do his thing.

Most people just don’t realize, I’m floored this guys the real deal if the administration will get behind him, he’ll do great things. Congrats Doug you got a guy comparable to the baseball coach, I’ll eat my crow we’ll done didn’t think the Whitley administration had it in them.
TheColonel Wrote:PJ they didn’t bring any Corbin assistants like most said. But I tried to tell them NO way Mills would be considered.

Who will be on staff? Me??
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39