Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County Coaching Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
pjdoug Wrote:I don't have hard feelings. I don't take this serious. A Corbin or Knox County native maybe. lol

Where I grew up we loved Whitley county football and I’m just trying to see the program grow again like I know it can. I have opinions on who’s be good fits but mainly I’m just looking forward to who the administration tries to hire. As of now it’s a joke.
What makes it a joke?
I keep checking this thread in hopes someone drops some nugget of information.

Whitley’s hire is one I keep watching as I’ll see the team more now that they’re in district with Pulaski and Southwestern. The quality of whoever is gonna be tested quickly having those two teams on the schedule.

Seems to me the powers that do the hiring would want to name someone quickly to keep kids from searching out other schools like Williamsburg, Corbin etc. to play somewhere with some certainty and stability. (Whether it’s right or wrong is another topic).
colonelfan944 Wrote:Where I grew up we loved Whitley county football and I’m just trying to see the program grow again like I know it can. I have opinions on who’s be good fits but mainly I’m just looking forward to who the administration tries to hire. As of now it’s a joke.

The program has always been held back,and never really grown like it should. Hopefully, They'll get a good coach and step back, and let him do his job. Do they have any good coaches at the elementary schools?
CowboyDad Wrote:I keep checking this thread in hopes someone drops some nugget of information.

Whitley’s hire is one I keep watching as I’ll see the team more now that they’re in district with Pulaski and Southwestern. The quality of whoever is gonna be tested quickly having those two teams on the schedule.

Seems to me the powers that do the hiring would want to name someone quickly to keep kids from searching out other schools like Williamsburg, Corbin etc. to play somewhere with some certainty and stability. (Whether it’s right or wrong is another topic).
They'll compete with those schools if they make the right hire. I'd expect them to be naming the new coach soon.
colonelfan944 Wrote:Where I grew up we loved Whitley county football and I’m just trying to see the program grow again like I know it can. I have opinions on who’s be good fits but mainly I’m just looking forward to who the administration tries to hire. As of now it’s a joke.

So you loved Whitley county all the way from Knox county? Mills is out, will not hire Mills or Russell. Bob Lawson will be forced to do it before those are hired. It looks like that may be an option because of lack of interest by quality coaches. Going south in a hurry and I can't fix it.
You really don’t expect people to believe you, right?! Bahahhah
TheColonel Wrote:So you loved Whitley county all the way from Knox county? Mills is out, will not hire Mills or Russell. Bob Lawson will be forced to do it before those are hired. It looks like that may be an option because of lack of interest by quality coaches. Going south in a hurry and I can't fix it.
Loved Whitley County all the way from Knox County is funny. I don't keer who ye are Confusednicker: . Are you sure Mills is out?
Maybe we'll get a surprise, but it's looking like a bad moon rising either way Confusednicker:
20 pages. 8 of them dougies and he still hasn’t said anything helpful. I am looking forward to his one liner for this.
To his defense, when provoked I’d do the same.
footballfever Wrote:20 pages. 8 of them dougies and he still hasn’t said anything helpful. I am looking forward to his one liner for this.

What am I supposed to do on a message board to hire a coach? Maybe I can pay a good coach six figures or build a new stadium. Tell us what you are doing for the program.
Hound05 Wrote:To his defense, when provoked I’d do the same.

Maybe I'll learn how to get in the clique, and how to "say" something helpful if I keep trying Confusednicker:
Who is the clique?
TheColonel Wrote:So you loved Whitley county all the way from Knox county? Mills is out, will not hire Mills or Russell. Bob Lawson will be forced to do it before those are hired. It looks like that may be an option because of lack of interest by quality coaches. Going south in a hurry and I can't fix it.

Forcing Bob Lawson to do it sounds like the best option.
E's Army Wrote:Who is the clique?
Not me. is it you? Are you on the hiring committee?
The Spread Wrote:Forcing Bob Lawson to do it sounds like the best option.

Does it?
footballfever Wrote:20 pages. 8 of them dougies and he still hasn’t said anything helpful. I am looking forward to his one liner for this.
Sounds like you are the new coach by the way you get defensive and other coaches back you up . I can't hire or fire so don't worry. I'm just a fan. :Cheerlead
pjdoug Wrote:Does it?

It does if you're Corbin and looking to extend that all time undefeated streak.... 🔥
The Spread Wrote:It does if you're Corbin and looking to extend that all time undefeated streak.... 🔥

:HitWall:
pjdoug Wrote:What am I supposed to do on a message board to hire a coach? Maybe I can pay a good coach six figures or build a new stadium. Tell us what you are doing for the program.

My time is over. It’s up to you dougie. I’ve coached at elementary, middle school, freshman and varsity level at Whitley. I did best I could. Had some good teams and players. It’s your turn dougie. I know this will create 4 more pages for you but I’m ready...I’ll check it out after weekend.
footballfever Wrote:My time is over. It’s up to you dougie. I’ve coached at elementary, middle school, freshman and varsity level at Whitley. I did best I could. Had some good teams and players. It’s your turn dougie. I know this will create 4 more pages for you but I’m ready...I’ll check it out after weekend.

Why does it matter how many pages and why are you defensive? You want everything quiet until your buddy gets the job?
Fever was a tremendous coach. Would be s big help to who ever comes in. Who ever gets the job should offer him all the Naty Lite he can drink if he were to come back.
E's Army Wrote:Fever was a tremendous coach. Would be s big help to who ever comes in. Who ever gets the job should offer him all the Naty Lite he can drink if he were to come back.

of course he is an upstanding coach and person.
Yes he is.
E's Army Wrote:Yes he is.
I completely agree.
E's Army Wrote:Fever was a tremendous coach. Would be s big help to who ever comes in. Who ever gets the job should offer him all the Naty Lite he can drink if he were to come back.

Great football IQ and has forgot more football than I will ever know...
OldJacket Wrote:Great football IQ and has forgot more football than I will ever know...

One of the best ever in this area.
pjdoug Wrote:Why does it matter how many pages and why are you defensive? You want everything quiet until your buddy gets the job?

I wish Coach Chappell was still there but he’s not. I do have several friends who would be excellent hires but don’t see them leaving where they are.
I did get a little confused logging in as E’s Army and OldJacket. I’m going to have to stop doing that.
I did hear that there were 8 applications at beginning of week but have no idea who.
footballfever Wrote:I wish Coach Chappell was still there but he’s not. I do have several friends who would be excellent hires but don’t see them leaving where they are.
I did get a little confused logging in as E’s Army and OldJacket. I’m going to have to stop doing that.
I did hear that there were 8 applications at beginning of week but have no idea who.

I bet you got confused. lol...I hate to see Chappell go. No chance he will stay on staff? I guess we'll find out who the coach is soon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39