Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County Coaching Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
TheRock Wrote:They were water boys for the Cumberlands after they graduated. GA positions
They were head coach and defensive coordinator at Henderson County.:ChairHit:
pjdoug Wrote:I didn't say Whitley County will win the state championship, but they should have high expectations and compete with and beat teams from surrounding counties.

I believe Whitley can compete in the area. No outside of it, no. But it’s not really their fault. You look at the talent pool those big city schools have and it doesn’t leave much of a chance for a school like Whitley in their class. I honestly don’t care who they hire. I do want to see them do good though. To me I’d look and try to find an up and coming coach who hasn’t “made” it just yet. But one that can shock a lot of people. Will he probably leave if successful in some short years after? Yeah. But it’s about building. Stone by stone. All they need is to have a couple amazing seasons and then they can go for a next level coach.
Hound05 Wrote:I believe Whitley can compete in the area. No outside of it, no. But it’s not really their fault. You look at the talent pool those big city schools have and it doesn’t leave much of a chance for a school like Whitley in their class. I honestly don’t care who they hire. I do want to see them do good though. To me I’d look and try to find an up and coming coach who hasn’t “made” it just yet. But one that can shock a lot of people. Will he probably leave if successful in some short years after? Yeah. But it’s about building. Stone by stone. All they need is to have a couple amazing seasons and then they can go for a next level coach.

Corbin can easily be in the same boat 10 years from now. Especially if haddix leaves and a suitable replacement cant be found.
I dont think it will happen in the next realignment, but the one after that could easily see corbin move to 5A and be at the same disadvantage Whitley is against other teams in the state. With their move to 4A next year, it's only a matter of time.
Hound05 Wrote:I believe Whitley can compete in the area. No outside of it, no. But it’s not really their fault. You look at the talent pool those big city schools have and it doesn’t leave much of a chance for a school like Whitley in their class. I honestly don’t care who they hire. I do want to see them do good though. To me I’d look and try to find an up and coming coach who hasn’t “made” it just yet. But one that can shock a lot of people. Will he probably leave if successful in some short years after? Yeah. But it’s about building. Stone by stone. All they need is to have a couple amazing seasons and then they can go for a next level coach.
They need the next level coach now Smile
pjdoug Wrote:They need the next level coach now Smile

We need Lawson and Siler to apologize to Chappell and give him a raise and his job back so the kids and the fan base won't leave. Just my opinion, I've enjoyed the last 5 years watching Whitley play. Yes more wins would be nice but it's more about the impression Chappell made on his players as young men also to me.Very upset with this decision and will be for a long time.
Rainingthrees Wrote:We need Lawson and Siler to apologize to Chappell and give him a raise and his job back so the kids and the fan base won't leave. Just my opinion, I've enjoyed the last 5 years watching Whitley play. Yes more wins would be nice but it's more about the impression Chappell made on his players as young men also to me.Very upset with this decision and will be for a long time.

I'm glad you enjoy watching them lose 61-0 in the first round. it got old to me a couple decades ago.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm glad you enjoy watching them lose 61-0 in the first round. it got old to me a couple decades ago.

Chappell had nothing to do with the 61-0 beating. His players had to learn basically 4 different offenses, blocking assignments, personnel, etc. He had to take daddies and middle school coaches on the staff, he had a principle that tried to take his weight training program over and ran off Frazier. All while trying to keep a job that was never his. Doug don’t give me that crap you know it was never Chappell, hell he was lucky to keep his sanity and the kids focus to even try to compete.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Chappell had nothing to do with the 61-0 beating. His players had to learn basically 4 different offenses, blocking assignments, personnel, etc. He had to take daddies and middle school coaches on the staff, he had a principle that tried to take his weight training program over and ran off Frazier. All while trying to keep a job that was never his. Doug don’t give me that crap you know it was never Chappell, hell he was lucky to keep his sanity and the kids focus to even try to compete.

Corbin should hire him and get rid of Haddix.
I’m hearing an announcement will be soon. They got their guy...
bcpc Wrote:I’m hearing an announcement will be soon. They got their guy...

Should we tell Pjdoug and RunItUpTheGut who it is.Confusedhh:
bcpc Wrote:I’m hearing an announcement will be soon. They got their guy...

of course they did. lol
64SUR Wrote:Should we tell Pjdoug and RunItUpTheGut who it is.Confusedhh:

No Smile
The Outsider Wrote:He played at Corbin where he was a member of the 76 state champion and 77 state runner-up teams. He played at EKU where he won 2 National Championships and had 2 runner-up finishes. He was named the D1-AA national player of the year his senior year and played a couple of seasons in the NFL before joining the coaching ranks.

He was a grad asst. at UK before going to Tenn. under Johnny Majors and moved to Pitt when Majors took the job there. He coached at Tulane when they had their 12-0 team before moving to West Virginia, Kent St. and EKU along with a couple of others. He has never been a head coach though.

Majors was at Pitt before UT. Other than that you're pretty spot on.
Sturgill0934 Wrote:Majors was at Pitt before UT. Other than that you're pretty spot on.
Johnny Majors was at Pittsburgh before and after Tennessee.
I sent you a message PJ.. reckon it’s a done deal!
bcpc Wrote:I sent you a message PJ.. reckon it’s a done deal!

I didn't get a message Smile
Names!!!!
The Spread Wrote:Names!!!!

;Smile
pjdoug Wrote:;Smile

Are you happy?
The Spread Wrote:Are you happy?

Nope.
pjdoug Wrote:Nope.
:Cheerlead
Not a done deal with anyone. I have not gotten who I want just yet. Still working out details, I will have an announcement when I have finished. May not workout, may workout, we will see.
TheColonel Wrote:Not a done deal with anyone. I have not gotten who I want just yet. Still working out details, I will have an announcement when I have finished. May not workout, may workout, we will see.
Who is it?
I will announce the Coach when I hire one.
TheColonel Wrote:I will announce the Coach when I hire one.

ok Smile
Sounds like the Principal needs to be forced to take it. We had a Super like this guy, short timer after he pulled stunts like this.
NextGeneration Wrote:Sounds like the Principal needs to be forced to take it. We had a Super like this guy, short timer after he pulled stunts like this.

stunts like what?
Firing a coach for 1 down year. Hey if you wanted to fire him because of standards not met look again. If you say you want more, then I say why has the basketball coach still there? So the stunt I refer to is the Principal wants to control the program and anyone with half a brain knows that if that happens the results are a season like you had. Your program was progressing until the principal gets involved. That stunt.
NextGeneration Wrote:Sounds like the Principal needs to be forced to take it. We had a Super like this guy, short timer after he pulled stunts like this.

The cocky principal is the reason it's open 😡
NextGeneration Wrote:Firing a coach for 1 down year. Hey if you wanted to fire him because of standards not met look again. If you say you want more, then I say why has the basketball coach still there? So the stunt I refer to is the Principal wants to control the program and anyone with half a brain knows that if that happens the results are a season like you had. Your program was progressing until the principal gets involved. That stunt.

I disagree on the program progressing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39