Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County Coaching Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
pjdoug Wrote:Yes I wanna place a wager on it.

Call it
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Call it

I'm not allowed to call it on here.
You Corbinites will be upset with the hire.
pjdoug Wrote:You tell me why parents drive their kids from Jellico to Corbin. You say it doesnt make sense for them to go 25 minutes to Whitley, but you'll come up with a line of BS as to why they go from South Whitley to Corbin Confusednicker:

Tell me who all these south Whitley county boys are? You’re still living in 2004 buddy.
pjdoug Wrote:You Corbinites will be upset with the hire.

Just upset I didn’t have a better jump on the kids leaving, they would have looked good in red.😢
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Tell me who all these south Whitley county boys are? You’re still living in 2004 buddy.

You know who they are. don't play dumb. I'm living in 2018 unfortunately.
pjdoug Wrote:You know who they are. don't play dumb. I'm living in 2018 unfortunately.

I can honestly only place two kids on our roster that didn’t start school in Corbin on the roster from Whitley. They both attended oak grove
Iam4thecats Wrote:Who is Steve Bird and what is on his resume?

He played at Corbin where he was a member of the 76 state champion and 77 state runner-up teams. He played at EKU where he won 2 National Championships and had 2 runner-up finishes. He was named the D1-AA national player of the year his senior year and played a couple of seasons in the NFL before joining the coaching ranks.

He was a grad asst. at UK before going to Tenn. under Johnny Majors and moved to Pitt when Majors took the job there. He coached at Tulane when they had their 12-0 team before moving to West Virginia, Kent St. and EKU along with a couple of others. He has never been a head coach though.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I can honestly only place two kids on our roster that didn’t start school in Corbin on the roster from Whitley. They both attended oak grove

You can blow a tater sack up. lol
The Outsider Wrote:He played at Corbin where he was a member of the 76 state champion and 77 state runner-up teams. He played at EKU where he won 2 National Championships and had 2 runner-up finishes. He was named the D1-AA national player of the year his senior year and played a couple of seasons in the NFL before joining the coaching ranks.

He was a grad asst. at UK before going to Tenn. under Johnny Majors and moved to Pitt when Majors took the job there. He coached at Tulane when they had their 12-0 team before moving to West Virginia, Kent St. and EKU along with a couple of others. He has never been a head coach though.

Which elementary school did The Bird's go to?
Hard to imagine Steve Bird wanting to coach high school ball given the income that he's accustomed to in the college ranks.

I thought Dudley Hilton was the only public school coach who would make more money than their superindendent, but Whitley has the cash if they want to get a coach.
pjdoug Wrote:You can blow a tater sack up. lol

Lol. Hope all is well in pj land. In case I forget to tell you later Have a Happy Thanksgiving, it a hectic and stressful week in Houndtown.
The Spread Wrote:Hard to imagine Steve Bird wanting to coach high school ball given the income that he's accustomed to in the college ranks.

I thought Dudley Hilton was the only public school coach who would make more money than their superindendent, but Whitley has the cash if they want to get a coach.

I wouldn't think he would go to a high school team either.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Lol. Hope all is well in pj land. In case I forget to tell you later Have a Happy Thanksgiving, it a hectic and stressful week in Houndtown.

Not really but thanks. lol. Happy Thanksgiving to you.
pjdoug Wrote:Have you heard any big names? Should I bother to apply? lol

Larry "Cotton" Adams and Mills from Corbin I hear are interested.
Superfly Wrote:Larry "Cotton" Adams and Mills from Corbin I hear are interested.

Mills is but Whitley isn't.
Edit...

Someone provided a better answer...
How old is Cotton Adams? He does have a ring.
campbellfield Wrote:Edit...

Someone provided a better answer...

I always get the Bird's mixed up and think Steve is the youngest brother , but I think that is Rodger? Steve is Jerry's son?
Superfly Wrote:Larry "Cotton" Adams and Mills from Corbin I hear are interested.

I think Cotton Adams went to Whitley County, and has been an assistant there. He is a good coach, but not what they need.
pjdoug Wrote:You know who they are. don't play dumb. I'm living in 2018 unfortunately.

Nothing I say will change your mind. But let’s not forget you have Corbin kids on that Whitley roster. Well did, this coach change might have them back
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Just upset I didn’t have a better jump on the kids leaving, they would have looked good in red.😢

The new coach can take some players back from you sneaky snakes.
pjdoug Wrote:I always get the Bird's mixed up and think Steve is the youngest brother , but I think that is Rodger? Steve is Jerry's son?

Yes, Steve is Jerry’s son.
Hound05 Wrote:Nothing I say will change your mind. But let’s not forget you have Corbin kids on that Whitley roster. Well did, this coach change might have them back

Corbin fans always making excuses. You know Corbin has been robbing Whitley's talent for the last half century. lol
campbellfield Wrote:Yes, Steve is Jerry’s son.

Thanks. I thought so.
If anybody's sources are telling then cotton Adam's then you need to.never speak to that source again or take there word for anything.

Cotton is my mentor and I love the guy. He wants no part of that mess. Hes happy watching the game
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If anybody's sources are telling then cotton Adam's then you need to.never speak to that source again or take there word for anything.

Cotton is my mentor and I love the guy. He wants no part of that mess. Hes happy watching the game

Yep. He’s as likely as , Bird, King and Harp.
Cotton is older than Dudley. Whitley needs some energy
Happyhour247 Wrote:Yep. He’s as likely as , Bird, King and Harp.

sounds like you have it figured out Smile
pjdoug Wrote:sounds like you have it figured out Smile

I’m not worthy. I’m still going with Clevenger.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39