Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trouble in Powell Co.?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard that most of the cheerleaders that cheered this past year are not trying out for this years team. Can someone clear up why they would do this?
All well it happens, i heard they were going to get a new coach, and from the looks of her, she is no where near a cheerleader. but i have no clue about whether or not they are trouble, but if they are, im sure it will all come out in the future.
I heard that this [07-08] was going to be the coaches last year.
sounds like many of the teams numbers are getting lower
Cretia Mainous is the coach for the upcoming cheer season (07-08). As far as any of the girls know on the team this upcoming year will be Cretia and Dee's last year coaching. Some of the girls from last year did not try out. There are several reasons to this. Don't get me wrong I do like the previous cheerleaders but many of the new girls replace the old girls that left or didn't try out again. Everyone has been saying that the cheerleading team is going to be bad this year, well just to let you know you don't need to judge before you haven't seen anything. There are also new rules like with gymnastics. The girls are required to go to gymnastics at least twice a month with a signed form by the instructor that teaches them. Cretia will do spot checks. So with this the squad will have more tumbling by the time competition comes.At try outs only 15 girls made it with one alternative. But there are also like 5-7 softball girls that get to try out throught video and since most of them were on the squad last year they will make it more than likely. So that will put the team to 20-23 girls, close to the same as last year. When things change don't be so quick to doubt. Give the girls a chance you may be suprised at how well they come out. And if you are talking about Miss T. I think she is starting a dance team with Mrs. Osborne. I think once Cretia leaves she wants to take over the cheer team, but so does the middle school cheer coach. Can't wait to see who gets it after Cretia and Dee leave.
WHAT EVER YOU DO SHOW SUPPORT FOR YOUR TEAMS THEY NEED IT!!!!!!!!!