Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KYMSFA 2018 Battle of the Champions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok let's have some fun.

Somerset Meece
Boyle County
Johnson County
Caudill 7th

If they all played round robin, who comes out on top?
Boyle, Johnson, Meece (with a healthy QB) Caudill. That order.
I'm not sure who the best team is because I haven't seen them all play. But I think I have an idea which team has the best player....maybe TWO best?

Great tourney as usual. Congrats to the hometown Boyle Co Eagles on their title.
I think Caudill 7th hangs with all 3 of these 8th grade teams.
Boyle is the favorite.

I get why you pick Johnson Central over Meece, but I have remind folks they played once this year already....Big Grin
Boyle walks thru
Meece beat Johnson co
Johnson beat Northern twice
Meece beat Pineville
Pineville beat Boyle
Meece beat Lexington Catholic
Meece beat Hancock co.
Just saying
Pikeville
Not Pineville
Did pikeville beat Boyle with Big RB playing?
bandit57 Wrote:Meece beat Johnson co
Johnson beat Northern twice
Meece beat Pineville
Pineville beat Boyle
Meece beat Lexington Catholic
Meece beat Hancock co.
Just saying

Pikeville beat Boyle without the best 8th grade player in the state. Also, Meece beat Johnson at Meece, and if you've played there you know how that goes. Believe Johnson had 2-3 TD's called back? Meece has a good team, I just believe they're third best from the champs.
Each team had one called back. But again Boyle is much better than everyone. I'm fine with folks saying JC as second.

To be mentioned in that company is a good thing.
CowboyDad Wrote:Each team had one called back. But again Boyle is much better than everyone. I'm fine with folks saying JC as second.

To be mentioned in that company is a good thing.

Meece had a very good team this year. The Smith brothers, Gross, and a few of the other boys are very solid.
Agreed. My kid was on the field with them and those kids made him better.

Probably the most blue collar team Max has had in a while. That's not to diminish the athleticism of the boys, the were just a very hard working group. Easy to say Gross is the most athletic of the group.

I'd say we played our best games of the year against Johnson Central and Pikeville and needed to as the were excellent teams.
Boyle easily. Corbin is the second best 8th grade team in the state and we all saw the difference in the score between those two. Corbin’s 8th grade has beaten every other team mentioned over the last two seasons. The only “mystery” would be Johnson since they didn’t play Corbin this season. Corbin beat them as 7th graders though.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Did pikeville beat Boyle with Big RB playing?

No lol
Who says the kid from Boyle is the best in the state
#5 from Johnson co.
#32#12 from Pikeville
#11-#12 from Corbin
#1 from Paintsville
#10 #44 from Somerset
Are all pretty good
bandit57 Wrote:Who says the kid from Boyle is the best in the state
#5 from Johnson co.
#32#12 from Pikeville
#11-#12 from Corbin
#1 from Paintsville
#10 #44 from Somerset
Are all pretty good

If I was ranking them I’d go:

Boyle kid
Johnson kid
Pikeville kid 32
Paintsville kid
Somerset kids
Pikeville kid 12
Corbin 11
Corbin 12.

Just from the list you’ve given
Best 3 kids I saw this year where #38 and #14 from Boyle and it was a real pleasure to coach them, these boards go to show how much focus is put on offense as our #38 destroyed every single offensive lineman that tried to block him this year and If I went back to count the sacks he would be well over 20, he had multiple interceptions from defensive end, numerous forced fumbles, he also had double figure touchdowns for us at tight end and we struggled all year to find a QB to throw the ball down field, the fact he ran the ball so well against Corbin shows how talented he is, he had never played a down of runningback in his life until Tuesday leading up to that game. After playing Pikeville and Corbin, and North Pulaski, seeing Johnson central to me the clear #3 player in the state is #11 for Corbin and I was completely shocked he was so under utilized against us I would have taken him on my team any day of the week. I think he was more talented then the Longmire kid who played on the 2017 state championship team

Obviously I saw a lot of other good players like the Pikeville back, the twins for Meece, but those 3 kids I mentioned stood head and shoulders above the rest in my coaching opinion.
bandit57 Wrote:Who says the kid from Boyle is the best in the state
#5 from Johnson co.
#32#12 from Pikeville
#11-#12 from Corbin
#1 from Paintsville
#10 #44 from Somerset
Are all pretty good

Anyone that has a brain.
Have not seen him play
Didn't mean to hit a nerve