Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK Looking at Project Center Prospect...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UK seems to have the inside track on a project player from Cameron. Beas Hamga (BEE-as HAM-ga), a 6-foot-111/2 native of Cameroon attended Decatur (Ill.) Christian School, and has put Kentucky on his list. He originally committed to Iowa, then began re-considering when Steve Alford took the coaching job at New Mexico. Indiana, UNLV and New Mexico are in the running for Hamga. Hamga has a reach of 9-foot-7. His wingspan is 7-3. He is described as a rebounder and shot blocker by scout.com, but he needs more on his offense. Hamga had been considered a high school junior. He's now attempting to be designated a senior by transferring credits from Cameroon.

http://www.kentucky.com/276/story/59624.html
Can't be any worse than their other "project centers". But don't think that BG will go for people like Tubby did. I think that he knows what he is doing when he recruits a person.
This kid is not a project. I have seen him very high in many rankings. I think BG looks at this kid as a starting center next center if he can land him
well hes gotta be better than Jared Carter.
RavenBoy Wrote:well hes gotta be better than Jared Carter.
Carter isnt even in the same league with this kid
Beas will be a special player. Reminds a lot of the Jules Camara's of the world. Only he is much more talented at this stage then Jules. IMHO, we need Beas more then we need Mr Patterson.
Jarred may surprise you if he gets to play he seems to run floor pretty well.
Tubby Hater Wrote:This kid is not a project. I have seen him very high in many rankings. I think BG looks at this kid as a starting center next center if he can land him

Is he any better than Morris? Most big men are projects because of their inability to play offensively inside in the "big time" or a lack of weight and muscle. I haven't seen him, but scout.com said he was a project, so that's where it came from.
In my opinion, a center is worthless if he can't run the floor... (the bread is in the championship pudding... look it up...)
FreakNasty Wrote:In my opinion, a center is worthless if he can't run the floor... (the bread is in the championship pudding... look it up...)

Exactly...:Thumbs:
if billy g. can get someone to work with him on his offensive skills kentucky would have a great front court
This would be a great pickup by the Cats. If they could add Patterson and Lucas, or add Sanchez with this guy, then the '07 class will be much much better than anticipated. Then, in '08, BCG can add some 4 and 5 star recruits with some good SF's and have a very complete team.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Is he any better than Morris? Most big men are projects because of their inability to play offensively inside in the "big time" or a lack of weight and muscle. I haven't seen him, but scout.com said he was a project, so that's where it came from.
I actually got to see this kid play last summer in AAU tourney in Bloomington when he played against my cousin. He really impressed me and he was playing an Indiana AAU team that was 44-0. His team didnt win but he had like 20 points and 15 boards and god knows how many blocks he had, it was like everytime the ball went inside he sent it back out.
I have read alot on this kid and he sounds like a beast. However if we do get Patterson and Lucas I don't know how we could give him a scholly (Maybe give a current player a academic scholarship). My concern is not the issue of landing the recruit it is number of schollys we have left for the next two years. I think the last time I counted it was 3. Two for the rest of this recruiting season and 1 for next year's.