Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK vs Pikeville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard yesterday that UK Basketball will be playing Pikeville College next year in a Exhibition game. Is their any truth to this?????
UK played Georgetown and Lindsey Wilson the past two years both from the MSC conference in the NAIA. If this is true, they will KILL Pikeville, BAD.
Redneck Wrote:UK played Georgetown and Lindsey Wilson the past two years both from the MSC conference in the NAIA. If this is true, they will KILL Pikeville, BAD.
Yea I was wondering that. Someone told me and they were being serious that they were going to play this year but I dont know.
Lord knows it wouldnt be at Pikeville, if it was, everyone in the State would be there, including me, lol.
Probably wouldn't be away from Rupp, but if it is count on it being at the Expo. I would hope they wouldn't try to play a game in that got-for-saken gym that the college has.
I seriously doubt this.
It maybe one of UK's pre-season games, Like Redneck said they have played a Mid-South team the last couple seasons. It wouldn't be a season game though.
Moe Wrote:It maybe one of UK's pre-season games, Like Redneck said they have played a Mid-South team the last couple seasons. It wouldn't be a season game though.

I haven't heard anything about it, but it would not surprise me at all. Since they can't play traveling all-star teams in exhibition anymore, major D-1 programs have switched to playing lower level NCAA and NAIA teams. I also think UK wants 1 of those exhibition games to be against someone in-state, so it could very well be Pikeville or any number of other teams across the state.
I have also heard this. Pikeville @ Rupp. I hope it is true.
Here is the truth and I do know for a fact, they had a game with them when Tubby left, done deal but no contract signed. Now somebody is pushing for Camplesville along with Pikeville, but because of the kid from Mason County who Kelly Wells coached its looking good that he is going to land the game. Also its looking even better for a Pikeville U of L matchup (almost a done deal) and they are working on Marhsall game also.
The UK/Pikeville exhibition was in the works before Tubby left. Former Pikeville assistant, Shawn Finney was a Tubby assistant.

It would be played in Rupp and Yes, UK should beat a Mid-South Conf team Bad.
UK will not come to Pikeville and play i would like to see it but will never happen.
rallo316 Wrote:UK will not come to Pikeville and play i would like to see it but will never happen.

Of course not..it will be played at Rupp
Shelby Valley is better than Pikeville College, lol..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Shelby Valley is better than Pikeville College, lol..

Woah now! I'm from Shelby Valley and I know we couldn't compete with Pikeville. Brad Lowe would dominate anyone on our team.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Shelby Valley is better than Pikeville College, lol..

Come on Playboy, You're better than that.
Sad
Yeah this would be the truth, Brad Lowe told me back during the college season that it was in the works as well the one with U of L. I have also heard Florida International is also a work in progress.
lol pikeville would come close to beating U of L i would say...G-town lost to the ville by just 2 points last year.
I was kidding...Pikeville College has a very good group of young players!
yeah Id take Pikeville College by at least 6, lol
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Come on Playboy, You're better than that.
Sad
UK/Pikeville ain't happening.
Louisville/Pikeville ain't happening.
Last rumor I heard is that Marshall is considering Pikeville as an exhibition this year...New head coach Donnie Jones is a Pikeville grad.
I heard from a former Pikeville college redshirt that pikeville was playing louisville and was trying to schedule tennesee but didnt hear anything about UK.
The_Pistol Wrote:I heard from a former Pikeville college redshirt that pikeville was playing louisville and was trying to schedule tennesee but didnt hear anything about UK.

You Heard wrong!
I would like to see that lol
Old Timer Wrote:UK/Pikeville ain't happening.
Louisville/Pikeville ain't happening.
Last rumor I heard is that Marshall is considering Pikeville as an exhibition this year...New head coach Donnie Jones is a Pikeville grad.
I heard from the coach, so its very reliable, UK is a big tiem possibility, Louisville is more than likely than anything, and Marshall is a godo possibility. Tennessee isnt int he works though.