Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: State Semifinals - October 27th & 28th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
7th Grade

Mccracken Co. vs. Johnson Central
Southern Pulaski vs. Caudill

8th D1

Marshall Co. vs. Johnson Central
North Pulaski vs. Union

8th D2

Corbin vs. Boyle Co.
TK Stone vs. Lex Cath

8th D3

Meece vs. Pikeville
Cal vs. Hancock Co.
Lot of big names in D2
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Lot of big names in D2

I will go on record and say the winner of Corbin Boyle will be state champs.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I will go on record and say the winner of Corbin Boyle will be state champs.

It's likely. I'd have Boyle as the slight favorite but not by much.

TK stone is no joke this year. They can compete. I dont know much about lex cath.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It's likely. I'd have Boyle as the slight favorite but not by much.

TK stone is no joke this year. They can compete. I dont know much about lex cath.

I honestly haven’t watched a game this year of middle school, but they both are power houses and tradition of the two will put them over the top. I am with ya Boyle worries me this year, have a couple studs from what I have heard.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I honestly haven’t watched a game this year of middle school, but they both are power houses and tradition of the two will put them over the top. I am with ya Boyle worries me this year, have a couple studs from what I have heard.

Boyle’s running back is the real deal, kids about 6’2” probably weighs close to 200 lbs his name is Kaden Moorman and they are really big up front on both sides of the ball, and they have another exceptionally skilled player plays receiver and runs the ball some his as big as the Moorman kid, the QB is on the small side but above average skill wise I’ve Only watched them a couple times this year but they’ve really impressed me.

On a side note Boyle beat Lexington Catholic by somewhere around 50 points can’t remember the exact score.
Go Hounds.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Boyle’s running back is the real deal, kids about 6’2” probably weighs close to 200 lbs his name is Kaden Moorman and they are really big up front on both sides of the ball, and they have another exceptionally skilled player plays receiver and runs the ball some his as big as the Moorman kid, the QB is on the small side but above average skill wise I’ve Only watched them a couple times this year but they’ve really impressed me.

On a side note Boyle beat Lexington Catholic by somewhere around 50 points can’t remember the exact score.

Jack compared to last years team how are they, I have my own opinion of how Corbin compares to last years team and would rather not say don’t want to cause a debate.
The line is better than last year. Kicking game is not
GO Boyle
Just received a message that Boyle and Corbin play at 10AM next Saturday at Tates creek high school not Bryan Station. can anyone confirm?
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Jack compared to last years team how are they, I have my own opinion of how Corbin compares to last years team and would rather not say don’t want to cause a debate.

From what I’ve seen I think this years team is maybe a couple TD’S better than last year they are huge on both sides of the line their running game is way better and they’re way more physical than last years team of course this is just my opinion based on watching them play.
They are playing playoff games at two different locations. Two games at LCA and six games at Tates Creek.

Cant figure why they either didn't move half of the games to one location or why choose to start playoff games so early at LCA if there is just two games to play.

I'm sure there are logistical reasons, but I am unsure what they are.
Jack Lambert Wrote:From what I’ve seen I think this years team is maybe a couple TD’S better than last year they are huge on both sides of the line their running game is way better and they’re way more physical than last years team of course this is just my opinion based on watching them play.

I heard he was a stud, my youngest talks to him on social media. Best of luck future is bright at both houses it looks like. Where is fosho he usually gives good observations.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I heard he was a stud, my youngest talks to him on social media. Best of luck future is bright at both houses it looks like. Where is fosho he usually gives good observations.

I don’t know haven’t heard anything out of him all weekend.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Jack compared to last years team how are they, I have my own opinion of how Corbin compares to last years team and would rather not say don’t want to cause a debate.

This years team is much bigger on the OL/DL and they probably have two of the best (if not THE best) players in Moorman and Ziesmer (Ziesmer played on the 8th grade team last year as a 7th grader). Last years team was LIGHT YEARS AHEAD in the passing game and team athletic ability (which was neutralized quite a bit by weather last year vs Corbin) but this team is a better running team....power running and physical. Defensively I'd say they are pretty close with this years team maybe getting a slight edge.

They are very different teams and would have created unique matchup problems for each other.

Bossdaddy...I wish you well. I will not be posting on here much at all. There are some things going on on this forum (and behind the scenes) that I'm not comfortable with at all. The only reason I posted this is because I respect you and wanted to give you my take since I've spent a lot of time around the program (and you have with Corbin).

If we end up playing down there in the playoffs I'll reach out by private message but you won't see me on here much moving forward.

I wish you and your family good health and good luck the rest of the year.
FoSho Wrote:This years team is much bigger on the OL/DL and they probably have two of the best (if not THE best) players in Moorman and Ziesmer (Ziesmer played on the 8th grade team last year as a 7th grader). Last years team was LIGHT YEARS AHEAD in the passing game and team athletic ability (which was neutralized quite a bit by weather last year vs Corbin) but this team is a better running team....power running and physical. Defensively I'd say they are pretty close with this years team maybe getting a slight edge.

They are very different teams and would have created unique matchup problems for each other.

Bossdaddy...I wish you well. I will not be posting on here much at all. There are some things going on on this forum (and behind the scenes) that I'm not comfortable with at all. The only reason I posted this is because I respect you and wanted to give you my take since I've spent a lot of time around the program (and you have with Corbin).

If we end up playing down there in the playoffs I'll reach out by private message but you won't see me on here much moving forward.

I wish you and your family good health and good luck the rest of the year.

Same to you brother and hope to see you in Lexington this weekend. If not your more than welcome to come down early and we can set and have a few before the game. Just remember this site is not what it once was, and that haters are going to hate. At Corbin we know all about it, but we are missing the hardware ( thanks to those bums at Boyle) lol and still get the hate. It seems now that having a successful program is like looked down upon and you become the bad guys. I watched it happen to belfry during there run.
Can someone let me know the location and time of Pikevilles game Saturday when it’s released.
Hounds by 21, I have great respect for the Boyle program I just feel this 8th grade is on another level, from talking to coaches they beat last years 8th grade as 7th graders, a couple times during scrimmages last year. Champs till beaten, while they’ve been tested nobody has been able to to take them down...good luck to all the kids from both teams hope for an injury free game and hope it’s on the internet again!!
chs crazy Wrote:Hounds by 21, I have great respect for the Boyle program I just feel this 8th grade is on another level, from talking to coaches they beat last years 8th grade as 7th graders, a couple times during scrimmages last year. Champs till beaten, while they’ve been tested nobody has been able to to take them down...good luck to all the kids from both teams hope for an injury free game and hope it’s on the internet again!!

See I knew someone would try to compare them. So I will go there, did you attend any of the scrimmages last year or this year? If so you would know that is not a true statement, this year the freshman beat them as bad as they wanted to without Johnson, Longmire, and a few others. Last year they had longmire and others so go figure. They are very talented but last years team had The best defense since senior group.
Spud6 Wrote:Can someone let me know the location and time of Pikevilles game Saturday when it’s released.

Meece parents received a message for 11am at LCA on Saturday. Hard enough to drive up from Somerset for an 11am kick off. I don't envy the drive from Pikeville for it.

Be safe and see you all on Saturday!
RB is more like 5'11" 180. he can be very good when he wants to.
that is correct
Jack Lambert Wrote:Just received a message that Boyle and Corbin play at 10AM next Saturday at Tates creek high school not Bryan Station. can anyone confirm?

Confirmed.
Full Schedule release will be later today.
plantmanky Wrote:Full Schedule release will be later today.

Boom.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=3806&d=1540266311]
Will they be televised again?
Hound05 Wrote:Will they be televised again?

Yes but not live.

Prepspin doesnt have enough staff/equipment to cover KHSAA Volleyball state tournament, KHSAA Soccer state tournament, and KYMSFA State Championships all on the same day.

So they are filming the games and will have the broadcast up on a delay (not sure when the delay will air.)
plantmanky Wrote:Yes but not live.

Prepspin doesnt have enough staff/equipment to cover KHSAA Volleyball state tournament, KHSAA Soccer state tournament, and KYMSFA State Championships all on the same day.

So they are filming the games and will have the broadcast up on a delay (not sure when the delay will air.)

Well I’d much rather see this middle school game than any soccer game. I thought they did a nice job last year with how they put it up on YouTube. I was hoping for that again. Oh well. Take what I can get I guess
Clarification:

The games will NOT be filmed and available later via PPV.
Pages: 1 2