Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Painstville vs Belfry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
30-36 Belfry over Paintsville in triple OT.
Comp. breeds champs Wrote:30-36 Belfry over Paintsville in triple OT.

Despite the seedlings....most probably view this as a mild upset
It seems that way. Paintsville had some great athletes. But belfry played majority of the game without there starting running back and quarterback. May not have been such a nail biter if they hadn't got hurt.
Must have been a great game
Painstville beat belfry 30-22 regular season had belfry down 30-8 belfry rallied back lost by a touchdown I had pirates winning this one nobody all year has shut belfrys run game down just bunch guys strap up come straight at ya. Congrats belfry great game let me say the Phelps kid from painstville the best I’ve seen play against belfry that kid has it all.
Belfry had the league was in the end zone before half an getting ball back lost running back at halftime an qb first series of 3rd qtr I believe it would been totally diff game.
Crazy game and atmosphere. Paintsville looked to take control in the 3rd and be on their way to a win and Belfry pulled out the FB pass for the 3rd time to tie the game with about 30 seconds to go.

Phelps kid is the real deal for Paintsville.
Completely agree about Phelps. He has rare talent and is a tough runner. Threat to score on every play.
Heard the parents lost their minds in this one
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Heard the parents lost their minds in this one

The atmosphere turned sour when a vicious late hit was deleivered to Belfry’s QB , by a Paintsville defender. Knocked Belfry’s QB out cold, and out of the game.
Its sad, thats about the only way to describe it. A late hit by a player, that was property penalized and the player was ejected, and adults lose their minds over it.

From all indications the really adults in this matter were the players on the field who played one heck of a game and didnt lose their cool.

Its not surprising a few Belfry parents couldn't handle themselves in a situation like this, we had to have 4 of them arrested a few years ago at state championships when they decided to have a custody dispute by the entrance gate, and tried to fight Fayette County Police.

Paintsville isnt innocent in this either, I sure hope what I have been told isnt true, because if it is Paintsville School district has a real problem on their hands.

Already had 2 calls with the KHSAA today, sounds like Monday is going to be interesting. Its a shame, but a lot of it goes back to the post I made in another thread about KY sports in general and who is leading programs.
^^ One of the problems you have is that two fan bases have to sit on the same side. There absolutely needs to be visitor bleachers and home bleachers on opposite sides. I watched this game on a live broadcast (from a paintsville fan) and everything happened right below the camera. I can, with 100% certainty, tell you that it showed Belfry fans come over to the Paintsville side yelling at one of the mothers from paintsville and a guy in a RED sweatshirt came over and threw a punch (at a man) and started everything. Prior to that, there was just some yelling back and forth. 90% of the time it's the adults that cause most of the problems, not the kids. Ridiculous that there was a $5 million stadium a mile or so up the road and they end up playing a playoff game in a mud hole, with bleachers on the same side.
plantmanky Wrote:Its sad, thats about the only way to describe it. A late hit by a player, that was property penalized and the player was ejected, and adults lose their minds over it.

From all indications the really adults in this matter were the players on the field who played one heck of a game and didnt lose their cool.

Its not surprising a few Belfry parents couldn't handle themselves in a situation like this, we had to have 4 of them arrested a few years ago at state championships when they decided to have a custody dispute by the entrance gate, and tried to fight Fayette County Police.

Paintsville isnt innocent in this either, I sure hope what I have been told isnt true, because if it is Paintsville School district has a real problem on their hands.

Already had 2 calls with the KHSAA today, sounds like Monday is going to be interesting. Its a shame, but a lot of it goes back to the post I made in another thread about KY sports in general and who is leading programs.

I heard the roar of laughter from Belfry fans all the way to here in Pikeville when you threatened them with the KHSAA...Confusednicker:
EKYman Wrote:^^ One of the problems you have is that two fan bases have to sit on the same side. There absolutely needs to be visitor bleachers and home bleachers on opposite sides. I watched this game on a live broadcast (from a paintsville fan) and everything happened right below the camera. I can, with 100% certainty, tell you that it showed Belfry fans come over to the Paintsville side yelling at one of the mothers from paintsville and a guy in a RED sweatshirt came over and threw a punch (at a man) and started everything. Prior to that, there was just some yelling back and forth. 90% of the time it's the adults that cause most of the problems, not the kids. Ridiculous that there was a $5 million stadium a mile or so up the road and they end up playing a playoff game in a mud hole, with bleachers on the same side.

Please stop with this type of idiocy. You weren’t there...but you can speak with a 100% accuracy. ??? There is/was plenty of guilt to go around. The verbal exchanges between the groups of fans were at the very least equal on all parts. I do agree that having fans on the same side has the propensity to promote some uncomfortable, and sometimes , very unfortunate behavior. However.....those type facilities dot the Kentucky landscape all over. One would hope cooler heads would prevail. Unfortunately, in this situation that didn’t happen. Neither fanbase escapes unscathed in this situation. Plenty of “mud” to go around.
I'm being totally serious here, under the circumstances it's a good thing Belfry won the game...:yikes:
Heard you were reluctant to talk with Paintsville’s administration to discuss your so called problems that you mentioned. One would think KHSAA and yourself would notify a member school. Just sayin!