Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 8 Georgia 7 (12 Innings)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Wildcats picked up a much needed SEC win tonight with a thrilling 8-7 win over the Dawgs in 12 innings. It was tied at 6 in top of 12 when GA homered and KY scored 2 in the bottom half to pick up the win.
Awesome win! Congrats, Cats!
What a way to end the game! UK got 3 consecutive walks then a pinch hitter hit the ball at a UGA player who let the ball slip under his glove allowing the winning run to score. UK really needs to sweep UGA to get back into the top 3 in the SEC!
way to go bat cats
congrats cats.
Now that is more like the BAT CATS that played earlier in the season. Like mentioned..MUCH NEEDED WIN!
yeah this was huge. Theyve struggled since SEC play began, so this is a huge win for them. Hopefully they can recover and finish the season strong. Good job Bat Cats!
Georgia was and is pretty awful. I think their record is 16-27 so UK should at least win the series. That was Georgia's best starting pitcher and they have a guy today with a 5+ ERA and another tomorrow with a similar ERA. Hope for a sweep.
Yeah, UK really needs to get the sweep to have any chance in the SEC race this year. They're playing the worst team in the league at home, they really should win all three games.

I read that prior to this series UK was 9th out of the 12 teams, meaning that they wouldn't even get to play in the SEC tournament! That would be huge disappointment, considering how well they did last year.
They lost tonight mostly in part to two three run homers by Georgia and left way too many runners on base.
That's really disappointing.
Kentucky won big today mainly because of 3 big homeruns and a 8th inning grandslam by Coughlin
Whats the record for the Bat Cats now?
The Cats win big today and as long as they dont fall fall on their face next couple series they should be a lock for NCAA tourney. Even if they dont make SEC tourney the still have great shot at making NCAA tourney
I hope they do make the NCAA tournament. With the strength of the SEC in baseball, I believe that if they make it into the conference tourney they will make the NCAA too.

Go Cats!
Tubby Hater Wrote:The Cats win big today and as long as they dont fall fall on their face next couple series they should be a lock for NCAA tourney. Even if they dont make SEC tourney the still have great shot at making NCAA tourney

They still have to go to South Carolina which is a very tough team. It would be nice to see them in a series down there but I'm doubtful of it.

And I have to disagree with your other statement. Kentucky would have no shot of making the NCAA field if they don't make the SEC tournament. In most of the latest projections they are right on the outside looking in.

http://collegebaseball.rivals.com/conten...CID=666729

But you're right there is still a lot to be played. Losing Cowgill has killed Kentucky this season.
The Auburn series is a huge series for the cats they need to take 2 of 3 and then try to steal atleast 1 against SC. Ole Miss is a very winnable series as well.

Anyone have a clue what Kipnis did to get kicked off team?
Tubby Hater Wrote:The Auburn series is a huge series for the cats they need to take 2 of 3 and then try to steal atleast 1 against SC. Ole Miss is a very winnable series as well.

Anyone have a clue what Kipnis did to get kicked off team?

Auburn might be the worst team in the league. South Carolina is ranked #12 in the country. And Ole Miss is ranked #9 in the country so I'm not so sure that series is very winnable as you say it is.

As far as Kipnis goes, his attitude was obviously pretty bad. His song that he came out to was enough to let you know how much he thought of himself, and he would often throw his bat when striking out. He would have been a great player for UK but we return all outfielders next year along with Brock Wright who is coming along. Kipnis seems to love the game and I'm not sure what he is gone for but I'm sure it was warranted with Cohen.
alfus21 Wrote:Auburn might be the worst team in the league. South Carolina is ranked #12 in the country. And Ole Miss is ranked #9 in the country so I'm not so sure that series is very winnable as you say it is.

As far as Kipnis goes, his attitude was obviously pretty bad. His song that he came out to was enough to let you know how much he thought of himself, and he would often throw his bat when striking out. He would have been a great player for UK but we return all outfielders next year along with Brock Wright who is coming along. Kipnis seems to love the game and I'm not sure what he is gone for but I'm sure it was warranted with Cohen.

Man, i really like that guy...Big Grin
alfus21 Wrote:Auburn might be the worst team in the league. South Carolina is ranked #12 in the country. And Ole Miss is ranked #9 in the country so I'm not so sure that series is very winnable as you say it is.

From what I read in the Herald Leader today he is kicked off the team for good. That was the first I had heard about it. I have heard rumors he is a headcase on and off the field, but you know how rumors are. I have noticed he gets a little hot headed during games
corndog23 Wrote:Man, i really like that guy...Big Grin

Yeah he should be a good one. I figure him and Wiley will split PT next season with Cowgill and DeJesus being everyday starters.