Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Michael Jordan's Son to Walk-On for Illini...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jeffrey Jordan, the son of Michael Jordan, plans to attend Illinois next year and play basketball as a walk-on. Jordan, a 6-foot-2 guard at Loyola Academy prep school in Wilmette, Ill., said in a news release Friday he chose Illinois over Valparaiso.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2851105
He must not be that great...
Apparently he isnt very good if he chose Illinois over Valpo.
hes not as great as his dad and will never be as good, MJ is and will always be the best basketball player ever
Amen, no one will ever do more for the game or advance it as much as he did.
A walk-on? Wow! He must not be anything like his father. But, let us remember that MJ didn't come on until his latter years at UNC.
My gosh people..Look how much pressure has been on this kid..Think about it..Always being second best and being compared to the greatest player to ever play the game..And I say GREAT MOVE ILLINI..Talk about helping sell out about everywhere you go. Same reason I thought the White Sox should have brought Jordan up...They could have gotten anyone for the next 25 years with the money that they could have made..But different sport, different forum.
Playboy pretty much brought up what I was going to state. Look at what a decision it was to go play ANYWHERE. Michael Jordan's reputation is basically on the line. If his son is horrible then it will come back to him regardless of what he had to do with it. Never will he compare to what his father did I'm sure but everyone in America will be watching to see just what he does do.
I will be watching of course. I hope he has a successful College career. He has about 30,000 points, 6 NBA Titles, MVPS, Scoring Titles and several awards worth of shoes to fill, lol.
-STATS- Wrote:I will be watching of course. I hope he has a successful College career. He has about 30,000 points, 6 NBA Titles, MVPS, Scoring Titles and several awards worth of shoes to fill, lol.
Neeew....no pressure at all.
Question, why must someone be Greg Oden, Durant, etc. to be good? If he can walk on at UofI or get a scholarship from Valpo obviously he is good. Maybe not a great player by your standards, but any kid who gets to play D-1 its an achievement.

NO ONE EVER SAID HE WAS AS GOOD AS HIS DAD, what the hell does that have to do with anything? He is a kid who is going to play ball at D-1 level not because of his name but his talent.

Also, kids who play NAIA level have something to be proud of. Ball after high school is an accomplishment worth talking about
JBIRD Wrote:Question, why must someone be Greg Oden, Durant, etc. to be good? If he can walk on at UofI or get a scholarship from Valpo obviously he is good. Maybe not a great player by your standards, but any kid who gets to play D-1 its an achievement.

NO ONE EVER SAID HE WAS AS GOOD AS HIS DAD, what the hell does that have to do with anything? He is a kid who is going to play ball at D-1 level not because of his name but his talent.

Also, kids who play NAIA level have something to be proud of. Ball after high school is an accomplishment worth talking about
I watched him play at Louisville this summer in an All-Star game. Ill put it this way, He couldnt play at UK!
With Tubby here he could.

See: Bernard Coate, Todd Tackett, Jason Jacobs, Carter, and Perry.
JBIRD Wrote:With Tubby here he could.

See: Bernard Coate, Todd Tackett, Jason Jacobs, Carter, and Perry.
Well look at it this way, If he did play for UK then they would have the best uniforms and shoes lol