Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Patterson's Decision?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I thought that Patterson was supposed to announce his decision this week. Did it not happen or am I a week early?
Last I read, he was going to wait until mid May. I had read somewhere that he wants to be the last recruit unsigned, then make his decision.

Lucas is suppose to make his decision following a weekend of in-home visits from coaches.
Yeah, I heard May as well. It think you may be getting him confused with Jai Lucas whose father said he might decide by this weekend.
i'm really for SOMEONE to decide already
Yeah Really...gettin' Ridiculous!
this Patterson kid is riding this publicity till the very end. I wish he'd sign with somebody already, be it UK or anybody because Im getting sick of hearing his name mentioned. I think the Sanchez kid will be better than him anyways. But I want Sanchez with Pelphrey in a Hogs uniform. But Patterson, IMO (and yes, its ONLY MY OPINION) is severly overrated. But, all eyes are on him and thats the way he wants it. So whenever the last signing day is, is when he'll sign.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:this Patterson kid is riding this publicity till the very end. I wish he'd sign with somebody already, be it UK or anybody because Im getting sick of hearing his name mentioned. I think the Sanchez kid will be better than him anyways. But I want Sanchez with Pelphrey in a Hogs uniform. But Patterson, IMO (and yes, its ONLY MY OPINION) is severly overrated. But, all eyes are on him and thats the way he wants it. So whenever the last signing day is, is when he'll sign.
I kind of agree, but only slightly. I watched Huntington High on ESPN maybe twice, and to me, Patterson wasn't impressive. Of course, it's hard show your skills when you've got O.J. Mayo shooting the ball every time down the court. I didn't think he was anything special. I was impressed however, with his performance at the McDonald's All-American game. I think if playing in the right system, surrounded by players who don't take over themselves, Patterson could be very effective.
#1ukfan Wrote:Yeah, I heard May as well. It think you may be getting him confused with Jai Lucas whose father said he might decide by this weekend.
That could have been it.
Here's another article about Patterson from the Huntington Herald Dispatch 4/28/07.
He said when Tubby left, UK dropped to the bottom of his list, but since BCG arrived at UK they are back on top of his list.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070428/SPORTS02/70428024
Old School Wrote:Here's another article about Patterson from the Huntington Herald Dispatch 4/28/07.
He said when Tubby left, UK dropped to the bottom of his list, but since BCG arrived at UK they are back on top of his list.

h[URL="http://www.herald-dispatch.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070428/SPORTS02/70428024"]ttp://www.herald-dispatch.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070428/SPORTS02/70428024[/URL]

He didn't say UK was at the top of his list. He said his meeting with Gillispie put Kentucky as high as they had ever been on his list.
Patterson is milking his 15 minutes of limelight to the hilt. If he hasn't made his mind up by this time of the recruiting season, then it only proves he's on a gigantic ego trip. Go to Florida, geez!. Sanchez is better anyway.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Sanchez is better anyway.

How do you know Sanchez is better?
alfus21 Wrote:How do you know Sanchez is better?
How do you know he isn't?
StillAnMCfan Wrote:He didn't say UK was at the top of his list. He said his meeting with Gillispie put Kentucky as high as they had ever been on his list.

I thought before Tubby left that UK was at the top of his list, if they weren't my mistake
"“It’s changed, because when Tubby was there they were up there, but when he left they really dropped,” Patterson said.

Nothing he has said is to the effect that UK was at top, just way up there.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:this Patterson kid is riding this publicity till the very end. I wish he'd sign with somebody already, be it UK or anybody because Im getting sick of hearing his name mentioned. I think the Sanchez kid will be better than him anyways. But I want Sanchez with Pelphrey in a Hogs uniform. But Patterson, IMO (and yes, its ONLY MY OPINION) is severly overrated. But, all eyes are on him and thats the way he wants it. So whenever the last signing day is, is when he'll sign.

Well you got to face the facts, look at this way, if Mayo didnt play for Huntington and not getting his 20-25 shots per game, his 25-30 points every game, look how much Patterson would have then? I to thought that he was a bit overrated, but after looking at it for a while, he never did get alot of the publicity that Mayo did. Patterson is a great player and I would love to see him in a UK uniform. May is almost here, and hopefully April showers(which we had alot) brings Patterson to UK.
oh no question bro, I agree with you that Id like to see him at UK, but I wish the guy would sign already, lol..all I meant by that was that I think he's getting too much publicity for what he really is. I think he will be a SOLID player, but I just dont see him being a great player. We'll see though..if he ever freakin signs, lol..but your exactly right about OJ and his 56 shots a game.
-STATS- Wrote:Well you got to face the facts, look at this way, if Mayo didnt play for Huntington and not getting his 20-25 shots per game, his 25-30 points every game, look how much Patterson would have then? I to thought that he was a bit overrated, but after looking at it for a while, he never did get alot of the publicity that Mayo did. Patterson is a great player and I would love to see him in a UK uniform. May is almost here, and hopefully April showers(which we had alot) brings Patterson to UK.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:oh no question bro, I agree with you that Id like to see him at UK, but I wish the guy would sign already, lol..all I meant by that was that I think he's getting too much publicity for what he really is. I think he will be a SOLID player, but I just dont see him being a great player. We'll see though..if he ever freakin signs, lol..but your exactly right about OJ and his 56 shots a game.

lol, yeah I agree and see were your coming from. But just think about Patterson and Lucas and all other recruits that havent signed yet, they make people like us impatient and nervous about where they are going to go to College. Like someone said in another thread, they are miking all of this in.
At 1st I wanted UK to get Patterson bad, but now I really don't care that much basically because he out for Publicity for the next level and I don't think he is about much else that that. I could be wrong but thats the way it seems. I can't believe him and Mayo actually made it through the season together, it had to be Hell for the other players.
i thought patterson was to make decision this week also.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:How do you know he isn't?

I don't. That's why I wouldn't make an assumption like that.
And that is why "THIS IS AN OPINIONIATED WEBSITE" ONCE AGAIN!
Kentucky Sports Radio broadcaster Matt Jones says that the next two weeks will be very big for the Wildcats.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:And that is why "THIS IS AN OPINIONIATED WEBSITE" ONCE AGAIN!

I never said it wasn't. Go back to where I simply asked how he knew Sanchez was better when there's a huge chance he has never even seen him. Stop nitpicking at every little thing I post just because you disagree with things I've said previously.
Enough of the bickering.

Yes this is an opinionated website. That is what it was created for. People to be able to voice their opinions.

Now keep it on topic and stop the attacks or this one will be closed.
blackcat_student Wrote:Kentucky Sports Radio broadcaster Matt Jones says that the next two weeks will be very big for the Wildcats.

That's a pretty obvious statement.
I gotta say that I think Sanchez may be better too. Not because I have seen him in person. But I have seen Patterson and I think he is greatly OVERRATED.
So when is he going to announce.
Yeah really, it is now May, its about time for him to be deciding.
I could care less where he goes now. It is ridiculous that he has taken this approach. Says alot about his character IMO. In no way possible is Patterson having a hard time picking. I would say that he has had his mind made up for quiet sometime now but loves the publicity@! Go wherever Patterson, just pick a damn college!
Pages: 1 2