Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scheduling and Cancellations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's a shame that not all coaches honor games they schedule before the season. What happened to having integrity and keeping your word and the games you schedule?

Corbin 7th grade has had Norris TN, Southern Pulaski, and Clay County cancel on them. And now south laurel has forfeited their playoff game against them. Talk about a joke and sending a message to your kids that you’d rather forfeit than see how you measure up.

Corbin 8th grade has had Southern Pulaski, Clay County, Highlands, and Paintsville cancel on them.

Not scheduling, and scheduling only to cancel for whatever reason are two completely different scenarios. Games against high level competition do nothing but make both teams better, and if a coach doesn't think the game will make his team better why would he schedule it in the first place? Wish more middle school coaches would "man up" and play the games they scheduled. IMO it doesn't reflect well for the young men they're coaching when they don't keep their word.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:It's a shame that not all coaches honor games they schedule before the season. What happened to having integrity and keeping your word and the games you schedule?

Corbin 7th grade has had Norris TN, Southern Pulaski, and Clay County cancel on them. And now south laurel has forfeited their playoff game against them. Talk about a joke and sending a message to your kids that you’d rather forfeit than see how you measure up.

Corbin 8th grade has had Southern Pulaski, Clay County, Highlands, and Paintsville cancel on them.

Not scheduling, and scheduling only to cancel for whatever reason are two completely different scenarios. Games against high level competition do nothing but make both teams better, and if a coach doesn't think the game will make his team better why would he schedule it in the first place? Wish more middle school coaches would "man up" and play the games they scheduled. IMO it doesn't reflect well for the young men they're coaching when they don't keep their word.
Need a tissue?
Maybe if Corbin went to d1they would get more points for the loss. Is it still a ten point for a loss difference from d1 to d2. I honestly forgot. The points system is fine but for some they think of points I imagine, who knows southern and clay was two of the ones that voted against us in conference last year, but it was lead Whitley and north.
I’m sure you all could have played Johnson central, pikeville, belfrey?
Why didn’t you schedule them. Why would you schedule clay and southern? Your 7th played Johnson why didn’t your 8th. Two programs that struggle to find games surly could have found a date.
So they kicked you out two years ago and you all liked it because now you can “play competition” but yet your mad because they cancelled on you? After you scheduled them? Well I don’t mean to start an argument but why schedule them in the first place. You all say that getting kicked out was the best thing because now you can play “competition” but when you can’t get games, getting kicked out is bad?
I thought Southern Pulaski was just due to weather?

We had two games cancelled on us at Meece this year. One at the end of the season due to the amount of rainfall and one team that had us on the schedule on dropped us at some point for whatever reason.

I'm just going to assume without speaking to people that when you are schools like Northern, Corbin, Johnson Central, Boyle that win at a very high rate...its either hard to get games scheduled or easy to get the games and harder to keep them on the schedule.

Until there are signed contracts or something in place to keep these games going, it will always be an issue and I'm not sure what (if anything) has ben discussed to fix it.
All we neeentonworrt about is to keep on winning.and bring back two more titles to corbin.
The rest will follow. I think its hilarious teams wont play us because they know we could put a 100 on them. Makes them runners and quitters in high school too.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:It's a shame that not all coaches honor games they schedule before the season. What happened to having integrity and keeping your word and the games you schedule?

It's called Karma!!
I must say that this post is a very interesting read. I'm not trying to offend or ruffle feathers by my comment on this subject so please be fair and impartial when judging others. My opinion on this matter is simply this, everyone in the State of Kentucky including Middle School Football Program's across the state knows what teams are always good and those that are subpar. Corbin Redhound Football is very well known all over the state just like other powerhouse teams such as Johnson Central, Belfry, Caudill, Northern Pulaski, Boyle etc!! Saying that, every single year seems like the Corbin Middle School Football Program continues to get better and better. That in itself tells me the feeder system in Corbin far exceeds that of other programs around the state. The coaching staff at Corbin Middle School are top notch and they bring out the best in there players and is why they WIN. All these other teams that had scheduled games with Corbin and cancelled or forfeited just because it's Corbin and they don't wanna play them, well shame on you coaches. The way I was raised and brought up in elementary school and High School is you practice to play and you play to win. However, if you don't show up then you can't win and that only hurts the players. Coaches need to do the right thing and if you schedule a game with another school then you need to SHOW UP. To quote a famous runner (Steve Prefontaine) anything else is just flat out chicken S**T. What kind of message are you sending your players when you decide you're not playing a team because you fear them or just afraid of losing. Corbin SHOWS UP and then SHOWS OFF. If I was the city or county High School Football Coach and my Middle School Football Coach didn't play someone or cancelled. They would be looking for another job. You can't run and hide in football boys, eventually you have to play competition and is what the middle school programs are designed for to get these younger boys ready for the high school level. I had heard about Clay County cancelling on Corbin two years in a row which is unacceptable period. I would seriously be ashamed if I was a coach or AD and I wouldn't play competition. Look at what Corbin High School does, they put State Champions on there schedule to play so they are ready by the state playoffs. You can't fault Corbin for being the best because they want to play the best. To be the best you got to play the best and beat them to be considered the best. I had an opportunity to watch the Corbin 7th Graders play Johnson Central at Belfry this season. WOW, well coached, very talented group of players. They play hard nosed old school football and they will hit you all game with no let up and is why they beat Johnson Central 28-0. Corbin used three different running backs in that game and all three scored touchdowns with ease. #40, #26, #23 don't let up on either side of the ball. They all got speed and are very versatile players. Best three running backs in 7th grade in the whole state that I've ever seen on same team and all three start. So saying all that, quit being cowards, show up and play. So what if you get beat, Corbin gets beat from time to time and they still show up. Ive never heard of Corbin backing down or out of a game ever!! The teams that do backout especially in the playoffs should NOT be allowed to participate in any further play off games for a minimum of three seasons. Coaches word or contract needs to be a bond!! I think Corbin is undefeated this season thus far in 7th and 8th grade and they play teams like Johnson Central, Lexington Christian Academy, Bowling Green, Taylor County, Highlands, Meece and Northern Pulaski. these are all tough teams with coaches who want to do the right things for there players, school and community. I applaud those coaches for just SHOWING UP!! Get with the program coaches, its called FOOTBALL!!
blueandgreen Wrote:It's called Karma!!

In most cases it's called being a coward. But having to play the schedule that Corbin plays only prepares them for the playoffs against their old conference opponents, except Meece who still plays because it's a win/win when good teams play each other. I'd say they can't run now, but south already did. North will get their shot, just be patient. They got their shot last year and it was 30 something to zero before the half, pretty competitive game.
As a parent with a kid on the Meece team, I like having Corbin on the schedule. Playing them lets you know where you really are and what you need to do in the off season to try to prepare to get better.

We may lose most of the times that we play, but you lace'em up and do it anyway.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:In most cases it's called being a coward. But having to play the schedule that Corbin plays only prepares them for the playoffs against their old conference opponents, except Meece who still plays because it's a win/win when good teams play each other. I'd say they can't run now, but south already did. North will get their shot, just be patient. They got their shot last year and it was 30 something to zero before the half, pretty competitive game.

What schedule did your 7th play???? 4 1/2 games!!!

Bowling green- down this year
Johnson- down this year
Northern- beat by two
Lca for 1 quarter
Meece- good

Your old conference played those teams and more. And won!
I don’t believe that’s how you spell “coward” sir.
Caudill 7th and 8th has been the same way this year..7th grade more cancellations!
Ridiculous!!!
Warrior1213 Wrote:What schedule did your 7th play???? 4 1/2 games!!!

Johnson- down this year
Northern- beat by two
Lca for 1 quarter
Meece- good

That’s the only teams that play. Would you all like to play? I’m sure our team would love to play you all.. but more than likely you’re a parent/fan/coach of a team that’s cancelled.

Johnson- down this year
Northern- beat by two
Lca for 1 quarter
Meece- good

Really? Who all has Corbin 7th played ? They would’ve played more than 4 1/2 quarters if teams would’ve honored their games. All but the LCA game I thought where pretty good teams. Here’s a thought. Since you think Corbin’s 7th has played a down schedule , put up or shut up. Bring your team down , or I’m about positive the red hounds will come to you. I guarantee you’re part of one of those teams who cancelled , wouldn’t reschedule , or maybe says their principal won’t let them play. Who all have they played ? You’re a moron.
Warrior 1213. How about this. Let’s don’t hide behind a keyboard. What team you represent and let’s get a game before next weekend. I’m positive Corbin will play you at your house. Talks cheap big guy. Let’s get it together and make it happen. Then we’ll see what Corbin 7th or 8th has. Or you like the rest. A yella belly coward.
The gentleman left out Highlands. Corbin beat Highlands 35-14.
Warrior1213 Wrote:So they kicked you out two years ago and you all liked it because now you can “play competition” but yet your mad because they cancelled on you? After you scheduled them? Well I don’t mean to start an argument but why schedule them in the first place. You all say that getting kicked out was the best thing because now you can play “competition” but when you can’t get games, getting kicked out is bad?
You don’t mean to start an argument? That’s a pretty good way NOT to. Please tell me that you don’t condone all the cancellations that teams have been doing to Corbin Middle School. Everyone knows you must play a set number of qualifying games just to get into the playoffs, if teams schedule with you and then wait till a day or two before to cancel then it makes a hard to find teams to play that doesn’t already have a full schedule. The point is play your scheduled game win or lose. A lot of teams should be glad to get an opportunity to play Corbin because they would only benefit from it win or lose. Look at Corbins 8th grade team who was State Champions last season as 7th graders and then look at Corbins Freshman this season who was State Champions As 8th graders last season and then look at this Corbin 7th Grade Team this season thus far. Extremely talented and very well coached. People should stop hating on Corbin because they win, instead they should man up and prepare there teams and go out and beat Corbin if they can. Corbin made history last season by both the 7th and 8th grade teams winning the State Championship in same season. Corbin coaches and players all know they can get beat at any given time but Corbin seems to embrace the challenge and they go for it no matter who they play. I applaud the Corbin coaches and players for showing up as that seems to be half the battle in itself..
PlayCaller Wrote:You don’t mean to start an argument? That’s a pretty good way NOT to. Please tell me that you don’t condone all the cancellations that teams have been doing to Corbin Middle School. Everyone knows you must play a set number of qualifying games just to get into the playoffs, if teams schedule with you and then wait till a day or two before to cancel then it makes a hard to find teams to play that doesn’t already have a full schedule. The point is play your scheduled game win or lose. A lot of teams should be glad to get an opportunity to play Corbin because they would only benefit from it win or lose. Look at Corbins 8th grade team who was State Champions last season as 7th graders and then look at Corbins Freshman this season who was State Champions As 8th graders last season and then look at this Corbin 7th Grade Team this season thus far. Extremely talented and very well coached. People should stop hating on Corbin because they win, instead they should man up and prepare there teams and go out and beat Corbin if they can. Corbin made history last season by both the 7th and 8th grade teams winning the State Championship in same season. Corbin coaches and players all know they can get beat at any given time but Corbin seems to embrace the challenge and they go for it no matter who they play. I applaud the Corbin coaches and players for showing up as that seems to be half the battle in itself..

That’s a fair statement play caller, teams should honor their scheduled games. Teams should never cancel because they are scared of loosing. I’m not condoning canceling games. I’m trying to say that corbin should not schedule them at all next year and schedule teams that they know will not cancel like belfrey, Johnson, etc.
Warrior1213 Wrote:That’s a fair statement play caller, teams should honor their scheduled games. Teams should never cancel because they are scared of loosing. I’m not condoning canceling games. I’m trying to say that corbin should not schedule them at all next year and schedule teams that they know will not cancel like belfrey, Johnson, etc.
I’m pretty sure the coaching staff at Corbin Middle School make every attempt to get teams on there schedule that they know will play and compete. Seems like the biggest difference in teams is that they wanna play a weak 8-10 game season schedule and hope to win 50% or more of there conference games and not worry about the state playoffs. Corbin High School is a perfect example of how to schedule games that will make them championship contenders. CHS schedules games with Beechwood, Danville, Mayfield, Alcoa Tn all of which are powerhouse teams that have won state championships recently. Coach Justin Haddix of Corbin knows what it takes to win on the big stage and he isn’t about playing a weak schedule to get there either. Sure a lot of teams are happy with District Championships, not Corbin. And this my friend is why the Corbin Middle School Program is one of the top programs in the state, that and having a Hall of Fame coach at the Middle School. Great program, wishing the Hounds a great playoff season.
PlayCaller Wrote:I’m pretty sure the coaching staff at Corbin Middle School make every attempt to get teams on there schedule that they know will play and compete. Seems like the biggest difference in teams is that they wanna play a weak 8-10 game season schedule and hope to win 50% or more of there conference games and not worry about the state playoffs. Corbin High School is a perfect example of how to schedule games that will make them championship contenders. CHS schedules games with Beechwood, Danville, Mayfield, Alcoa Tn all of which are powerhouse teams that have won state championships recently. Coach Justin Haddix of Corbin knows what it takes to win on the big stage and he isn’t about playing a weak schedule to get there either. Sure a lot of teams are happy with District Championships, not Corbin. And this my friend is why the Corbin Middle School Program is one of the top programs in the state, that and having a Hall of Fame coach at the Middle School. Great program, wishing the Hounds a great playoff season.

Well put, I appreciate you not calling anyone “cowards”. Hopefully we get past the first round and get a chance to play. Best of luck and hope for a injury free tournament.
Warrior1213 Wrote:Well put, I appreciate you not calling anyone “cowards”. Hopefully we get past the first round and get a chance to play. Best of luck and hope for a injury free tournament.

It is what it is. If you schedule a game with no intention of playing it or cancel the game for whatever reason, you're a coward and you are sending your team a message that you are not good enough to step on the field with another team.
CowboyDad Wrote:As a parent with a kid on the Meece team, I like having Corbin on the schedule. Playing them lets you know where you really are and what you need to do in the off season to try to prepare to get better.

We may lose most of the times that we play, but you lace'em up and do it anyway.

There were some years Meece spanked Corbin if I remember right. Meece had some really good teams in the early 00s.
Meece has been one constant for Corbins schedule for a long time.
Cancellations stink, but from my experience it has more to do with administrators than coaches when games get called.
Warrior1213 Wrote:Well put, I appreciate you not calling anyone “cowards”. Hopefully we get past the first round and get a chance to play. Best of luck and hope for a injury free tournament.

Coward, hopefully Pulaski kicks the piss out u!!
CoachGivhan Wrote:Cancellations stink, but from my experience it has more to do with administrators than coaches when games get called.

Most time administrators don’t even know coaches are canceling, if they had to pay the two grand for canceling like high school it would be unheard of...coaches should man up and play the games they’ve scheduled instead of always trying to get some feel good wins, does nothing for the future of the program period.

Johnson- down this year
Northern- beat by two
Lca for 1 quarter
Meece- good

:lame: I don’t see your sorry rump taking any trips to one of the best programs in Tennessee, coward!!
I guess that one that confuses me the most is the first round of the playoffs. Instead of driving 30 minutes down the interstate, South Laurel just forfeits their opening round game against Corbin. Makes zero sense.
jamesdeane Wrote:I guess that one that confuses me the most is the first round of the playoffs. Instead of driving 30 minutes down the interstate, South Laurel just forfeits their opening round game against Corbin. Makes zero sense.

Absolutely. What kinda message are the coaches sending to their kids..? It’s a shame.
Pages: 1 2