Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Patterson Promised to be "the Man" at UK by BCG?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found this today from the Louisville Courier-Journal...

The Wildcats have all kinds of options outside, and with the signing of Alex Legion yesterday, they got another. But Gillispie needs to find a Southeastern Conference-caliber inside option. That's why a report that he told target Patrick Patterson that he could get 16 shots a game doesn't seem out of line to me. No UK big man in recent memory had to carry as big a load as he'd have to.

Also found this kinda funny...

Gillispie won't lose sight of the big picture, though. In a meeting with Courier-Journal reporters, he was asked how early a coach should start recruiting. Say, ninth grade?
"Yeah," Gillespie said, smiling, "if you're behind."

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.../704251258
He knows exactly what he's doing.
They'll say anything to get him to come. That's how the whole recruiting process works.
I watched 3 of Huntington Highs games on TV, Patterson never impressed me at all in any of them. But then again you gotta look at who his teammate was, lol. Kinda hard to get any shots with OJ firin up ever trip down the floor.
Redneck Wrote:I watched 3 of Huntington Highs games on TV, Patterson never impressed me at all in any of them. But then again you gotta look at who his teammate was, lol. Kinda hard to get any shots with OJ firin up ever trip down the floor.

Thats true, Mayo did take alot away from him. I agree with Moe, Gillispie knows ecactly what hes doing and knows exactly what hes talking about. He will stop at nothing to get Patterson and Lucas for that matter, and thats the kind of coach we need and we got em.
Patterson can't be stopped when he wants to get to the hoop. With BCG behind him, he will have all the motovation in the world. He would be a great pick up for us.