Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Legion Commits To UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
WYMT announced on the late local news that Alex Legion will announce that he has committed to play for UK.
Well thats good news. He looked good in the Original Roundball Classic that was on the other nite.
They're running this from what was said in a Fox Sports article tonight, and they have been horribly wrong in the past concerning Donovan to UK and Gillispie to Arkansas but this has more of a chance of being true.

I'm not wild about a SG but this one is too good to pass up. Hopefully his attitude won't be as bad as advertised.
When did he esstablish this
?
I'm not going to bank on it. I will say that it's entirely possible but until the story actually breaks at a number of places and presses, I will have my doubts. Local stations were bad during the whole Billy Donovan story so I will keep my guard up for now.
For anybody interested here is an interview with Kentucky Sports Radio early today with Legion.
http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=2293
Well if it is true they got a decent player. Better then not getting anyone.
Batpuff Wrote:Well if it is true they got a decent player. Better then not getting anyone.
Decent???

Legion is a Top 50 recruit, ranked #33 by scout.com.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Decent???

Legion is a Top 50 recruit, ranked #33 by scout.com.

Well then I guess he is decent. But after all he is ranked #33. Great would be a 1-10 recruit.Wink
Decent...Great...It's all opinion.

I know some Top 10 recruits that didn't turn out to be great players and some Top 50 players that were great.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Decent...Great...It's all opinion.

I know some Top 10 recruits that didn't turn out to be great players and some Top 50 players that were great.

Sorry Fox I need a sarcasm smiley. I was just saying that for some of the UK faithful out there a top 50 recruit is a let down. They want numbers 1-10 and will not accept anything less.

Here is the best quote that you could ask for. After reading this part, it's obvious Legion is going to be a Cat. If he wasn't, then why say this?

"I know Patrick and Jai real well as I played with them at the NBA camp. I actually just got off the phone with Patrick a little while ago and was trying to persuade him to look real hard at Kentucky. You know he has a lot of people going after him, so I dont know what he will do. I think his dad likes Duke and his mom likes UK and you never know what he wants to do. But we talked about the pros and cons of each school and he likes that UK is close and they need a big man, so I think he is considering UK hard."
I was just getting ready to post it. haha. Wonderful pick up for UK. Looks like we have the coach we have all been looking for since Pitino left. Good job Billy G.
good job Billy G.
BCF4L Wrote:I was just getting ready to post it. haha. Wonderful pick up for UK. Looks like we have the coach we have all been looking for since Pitino left. Good job Billy G.
I agree with everything you just said and he's also been putting in a good word to Patterson for UK.:1:
Keep reeling them in BCG! Patrick and Jai are still free. Big Grin
We have Legion now. Big Grin Signed and confirmed.
If BCG could land Lucas and Patterson UK would have to have one of the top 5 recruiting classes in the country.
I'm hoping that we will get one out of the two anyway. If we went two out of three with that recruiting class then I would be extremely happy. Say Patterson doesn't come then Pettigrew could still. I know what he said before but I think that is just because he is disappointed that we went after bigger and better fish. If the offer was on the table, he would take it.
Its a start.
1 down two to go

Patterson and Lucas !!!!!!
Great pick up.
Midee1 Wrote:Sorry Fox I need a sarcasm smiley. I was just saying that for some of the UK faithful out there a top 50 recruit is a let down. They want numbers 1-10 and will not accept anything less.
Yeah...we do...I always have trouble finding the sarcasm smiley.
I'm starting to feel as if UK will look like the 06 Villanova team that often ran a 4 guard line up. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the process plays out. Lucas is supposed to decide by the end of the week. If he comes Patterson will most likely follow.
Someone else had mentioned this elsewhere but despite the fact that this is a great SG to get this late in the process it may be even better than Billy Clyde has opened up relations with Oak Hill now. 2008 recruit Brandon Jennings (#1 PG in 08') is now looking at UK as well.
I know its only one player, but its nice to take a recruit from other Big name programs again. In his interview with Rob Bromley the day after he was hired, BG said, "I don't care how good of a coach you are, you have to have players to win."

A project every now and then is ok. But we got to the point we were depending on project players way too much.
Great news for UK!
There is already a thread on this.
ComfortEagle Wrote:There is already a thread on this.

I just merged it with the original one.
Pages: 1 2