Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: EVENING UPDATE: Pettigrew Says No Thanks To UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After being asked yesterday to wait two weeks for a possible scholarship offer from the University of Kentucky, Steffphon Pettigrew resigned himself to playing for another school.

Elizabethtown High Coach James Haire said of a conversation UK basketball had with Pettigrew. "Quite honestly, Steffphon doesn't want to wait."

Meanwhile, Georgia called Pettigrew earlier this week to ask about coming to Elizabethtown this weekend to evaluate him in pickup games.

Marshall, which recently hired former Florida assistant Donnie Jones as coach, had called to ask about Pettigrew.

http://www.kentucky.com/276/story/46884.html
I'd like to see Pettigrew in Blue and White, but I don't think he will wait, nor do I think he should. He WANTS to play for UK, and IMO, he has the skills to contribute and succeed at the D-1 level. He may be undersized, but did that stop Emmit Smith? Muggsy Bogues? No! If UK really wanted him, they wouldn't tell him to wait 2 weeks, and I think Pettigrew knows that. Good luck wherever you choose to go, Steffphon. I wish you the best of luck.
Looks to me like they may not want Pettigrew as much as he wants to play for UK. If I were him I would go where I was wanted.

Is this a situation that they are possibly waiting on another signee? If that one falls through then they will offer Pettigrew?
Midee1 Wrote:Looks to me like they may not want Pettigrew as much as he wants to play for UK. If I were him I would go where I was wanted.

Is this a situation that they are possibly waiting on another signee? If that one falls through then they will offer Pettigrew?

Sounds that way to me Midee. If I were Pettigrew, I would go where I was wanted too. Marshall would be a great choice for him, as would Xavier.

Strikeoutking, your right that he's undersized and that's probably what's stopping him from being at UK more than anything. Chuck Hayes was undersized as well, but worked hard inside. Yet, Pettigrew isn't in the same company with Hayes.
BCG needs to get somebody signed while there are still afew good players left. If he keeps it up there won;t be much to choose from.
heard Georgia head coach Dennis Felton called to ask about Pettigrew.
rallo316 Wrote:heard Georgia head coach Dennis Felton called to ask about Pettigrew.

It's posted at the top of the thread. Big Grin
I'd like to see him in blue and white, but I think he is making the right choice in going somewhere else, where he'll get to play. But honestly I hope he goes to Xavier or Marshall. Good Luck to him.
If I were Pettigrew I would not want to wait. Go were you feel comfortable and will play alot. I would love to see him go to either Xavier or Marshall, and if he didn't have to wait, then UK.
Pettigrew, an Elizabethtown High School senior, took Kentucky off his list of potential schools after a phone conversation with Gillispie on Wednesday in which the prospect of a timely scholarship offer did not look good.

http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/article...orts01.txt
That article also list Duquense and Miami, FL as possible choices for Pettigrew.
He couldnt play for UK, maybe if Tubby was still there MAYBE
Wish him all the luck in the world where ever he goes. He will be a great talent.
Just now on WKYT all it said was that is coach doesn't think he will wait. There were no comments from Pettigrew. His offers right now are from Xavier, Dusquene, and Western KY. Why wouldnt he wait a lil?
It kind of seems like he's saying he won't wait to get UK to sign him up a little quicker than planned...since he hasn't really signed anywhere else or said too much about it, other than he doesn't want to wait.
Xavier, Dusquene, and Western KY are his offers, with Georgia showing interest.

The MAJOR coll BB powers are not knocking down his door.

Why should UK jump and offer him a scholarship while still recruiting 3 Top 50 players???

Should KY waste one of only3 (i believe) scholarships on a marginal player just because he is from KY???
I think the title of this should have read: "UK Says No Thanks To Pettigrew"
my bad did not see that.
Beef Wrote:I think the title of this should have read: "UK Says No Thanks To Pettigrew"

Without a doubt. :thumpsup:
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Xavier, Dusquene, and Western KY are his offers, with Georgia showing interest.

The MAJOR coll BB powers are not knocking down his door.

Why should UK jump and offer him a scholarship while still recruiting 3 Top 50 players???

Should KY waste one of only3 (i believe) scholarships on a marginal player just because he is from KY???

Mmmm hmmm.

I'm sure it has busted his bubble knowing that UK has him on the back burner while waiting for bigger and better fish to come along.
I hope he goes to Georgia and does exactly what Chris Lofton has done to UK. Make them kick theirselves in the a$$ for not giving him a scholarship.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Xavier, Dusquene, and Western KY are his offers, with Georgia showing interest.

Looks like WKU won.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html
Midee1 Wrote:Looks like WKU won.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

Watch him end up playing UK and drop 20 plus on the cats in a nailbiter like T Sparks did at Western.