Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset Meece Middle 24 - Knox County Middle 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Bell County. 8th grade game
This score is surprising. Didn’t think Meece was all that impressive last year other than their QB who played up on 8th. And heard a ton about Knox being a team to possibly look out for to make a run. Anyone at this game?
I was there. Knox returned the opening kickoff 65-70 yards to take an 8-0 lead. Somerset scored 24 unanswered at that point. Missed all 4 extra point conversions. Score was 24-8 at half.

Knox scored with about 1:30 to go in the game and had the score 24-16, then recovered the onside kick. Knox made a drive and got stopped.

Outside of the kickoff return, Knox's offense only generated 8 points.

Somerset's defense got burnt on one big reception for a touchdown but other than that, played well.

Still have a lot of room for improvement but its a different team from the last year. A lot of the team they played last year were 6th graders having to play up.
#44 for Meece was a man child. He dominated the offensive end for them.
A couple notes on Meece: Last years 8th grade team was made up of 8th graders and the 7th grade QB you mentioned which is back obviously for his 8th grade year. The 6th graders played up on the 7th grade team last year.

This years team is very good defensively. Their offense is coming along and not as good as they can be which is scary since they average 40 points a game.

#44 is a fantastic running back and the QB#10 is the complete package. Knox Central is a very good football team, and they will definitely make a run at it. The game wasn't as close as the score indicates. I think this was a quality win for the Jumpers.
I agree. Meece's 44, 10, and 7 are above average football players. Knox has a high ceiling for improvement. They only have 3 experienced starters who saw action last season. The majority of the team is made up of 7th graders. #34, 32, and 15 are solid football players. #34 was probably the best athlete on the field. Knox's QB is a 7th grader. I think they will be a much improved team come October.