Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 20 Pikeville 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Belfry 20 Pikeville 14
It was a good game congratulations to the Pirates and to these young Panthers keep your heads up the season is young
I was in attendance for this one, and the first drive the Panthers were moving the ball very well and they dropped a huge pass down the Pirate's sideline and had to punt. Then Belfry just played smash mouth football and ran it down Pikeville's throat the entire game until the 4th quarter. Pikeville scored their first touchdown with eight minutes left in the game and held on defense to score another one to get to 14 with a minute left but the onside was unsuccessful.

The Panthers never quit in this one and made some adjustments to get #32 in open field with screen passes in the flats and swing passes but it was too little too late.

I also want to comment on #9 from Belfry. I believe the fans were calling him Rudy. Kid was a monster and to be a skinny as he was, he was punishing Pikeville defenders all day running the ball.

Takeaways from Pikeville was #32 needs the ball in open field. His speed was unmatched and a very crafty runner. And there was a lot of dropped balls and one for a walk-in touchdown before halftime.
Belfry ran out of gas in the 4th and Pikeville had a ton of mistakes early.

Both teams will be a lot better in a month!!!!
CBDV Wrote:Belfry ran out of gas in the 4th and Pikeville had a ton of mistakes early.

Both teams will be a lot better in a month!!!!

Looks like Belfry has some talent coming up. Coach Oliver does a tremendous job getting those young pirates ready for Haywood and his staff.
Fun game to watch. Belfry is good. Panthers need to get better each week and they will be fine.