Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Laptop Battery Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My laptop battery has gotten really weak recently. It never held much, when I first got it, it had about an hour and half of battery time, but now I'm lucky to get 30 minutes of battery time from it and that's on power save mode.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks to help save battery power or any way I can reset the battery by charging it a certain way??
I'm not sure... I left mine plugged in all the time and that's what killed my battery. I will try to find out if there is anything you could do though
I leave mine plugged up to the electricity for the majority of the time that I am on it too and have started noticing that it doesn't hold as much charge as it once did. I tried taking it off every now and then just to let it work some but at night when I'm on from like 11pm-3am I leave it plugged up. I hope that someone knows some tricks.
I normally leave mine plugged up while im on it and unplugged the rest of the time.
with my laptop i kind of conditioned it i ran it dead then charged with no time on the pc when it was dead did that a couple of times and its a year later and it gets the same amount of time
When I first got my laptop the battery would run dead all of the time because my charger was messed up and I had to wait quite a while to get it fixed but I don't think that helped me too much. My time estimator will say 3 hours when the battery is fully charged but that time will be cut in half when I've only used the computer for 20 minutes or something. It's not cool.
also it depends on the battery type and laptop type i have a gateway and i can almost get 6hrs out of my battery
I have a fairly new Dell Inspiron E1505 and at 100% my battery life only says that it has 3 hours and 11 minutes remaining.
I have a Gateway as well and my battery is terrible.

It's Lithium ion.
idk what mine is exactly its morehead's lease pcs
Well my has gotten a lot worse these past few days.

Today, after "fully charging" and on power save mode I get only 22 minutes at 100% battery.

:/

I need a Mac.
Dang CE. That's a definite problem. I really don't know what to tell you. Perhaps get in touch with Gateway and see what they say. Maybe buying a new battery would let you save some money versus purchasing a completely new laptop.
Yeah, the problem is my warranty expired 4 months ago. I've tried calling Gateway and they won't even talk to me without taking my credit/debit card number in order to bill me for the amount of time I would talk to them.
well looks like i am goin to find out im gettin a new laptop so ill tell you how that goes when i get it lol