Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kymsfa 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coaches & AD's

As the season gets going please remember to submit your game scores and get your bonus points for doing so via the game score link, Game Score Report - Formstack . I will try and post the previous week's game score list on Wednesdays as best I can. Also remember that as you add new players to your teams as school starts, they still have to follow the acclimation period.

Statewide Conference Call - It was suggested to have a statewide conference call (in the next few weeks before membership deadline) where coaches and AD's could ask questions and such and we could give out some general info. I will work on getting a date and time for that and get the info out to everyone.

All Star Weekend Coaches - We are looking for coaches for the 2019 All Star Weekend teams. If interested send me a email of interest, Each Team needs from 5-7 coaches so we need around 20-30 in total. Any questions please let me know.

Regional Host Sites needed - Thanks to all the teams that have expressed interest. The process for regionals is to get the master list of sites interested in hosting, and then narrow that down during our playoff seeding meeting in September. Again the more sites we have, the less travel we can hopefully have for teams. If interested in hosting, please let me know ASAP - Saturday October 20, 2018. Hosting site will have from 2 to 4 games in most cases. (trying to keep travel as minimal as possible for teams.)

•Changes for 2018
No New rules changes
Change in tryout dates/times for 2018
All Star Classic Event moving to Lexington
All Star Classic Player fee will be $150.00
Team KY player sponsorship fee will be $500.00

Changes for 2019
Team membership registration fee change to $300.00

Tryouts for All Star & Team Kentucky
Tryouts for All stars and Team Kentucky will all be at Campbellsville Durham Campus Practice Field (times TBD) – Everyone must tryout (no more nomination forms) Tryout forms and time info will come out at a later date.
6th grade must attend one of the two tryout dates below
6th Grade Team KY – Sunday October 21st (Session 1 for 6th grade)
6th Grade Team KY - Sunday November 4th (Session 2 for 6th grade)
7th Grade Team KY & All stars – Sunday November 4th
8th Grade Team KY & All stars – Saturday November 3rd (all day tryout AM session, lunch, then a PM session)

Divisional Breakdowns for 2018
Division 3 - 0-160 males
Division 2 - 161-255 males
Division 1 - 256+ males
7th grade - one division only

KENTUCKY MIDDLE SCHOOL FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION 2018 MEMBERSHIP/RENEWAL
To register/renew your middle school football program membership for the 2018 Football Season, please complete the on-line form listed below and review the attached material to make sure your team will comply with the 2018 Rules adopted by the membership during the Annual Meeting. All forms for the 2018 Football Season will be posted on-line at the Association's website at KYMSFA before the start of the season.

Online Membership Registration & Payment ($250.00) Due August 31, 2018

KYMSFA 2018 Online Registration Link

Verified Rosters Due August 31, 2018

KYMSFA Verified Roster Form

Team Schedule Submission Due August 31, 2018
For 2018 will be the requirement that each team submit a team schedule by August 31, 2018. See the attached link below to submit schedule.

KYMSFA Team Schedule Form

September 21, 2018 @ noon.
Win Loss Form Submission due for State Playoffs (link for this form will be sent out later in the season)

September 22, 2018
2018 State Championship Selection & Bracketing Meeting

2018 State Championship Dates
October 2, 2018 - Play in Round Games
October 6, 2018 - First Round Games
October 13, 2018 - Second Round Games
October 20, 2018 - Regional Finals - If interested in Hosting please let me know ASAP
October 27, 2018 - Semi Finals (Region 1 vs Region 3, Region 2 vs Region 4)
October 28, 2018 - Finals

2018 All Star Classic Weekend
November 23 - 25, 2018

2019 Coaches Clinic
Looking to have a coaches clinic out in the Western part of the state in March of 2019. We need a host site and some speakers, if interested please let us know. Also looking at having a second clinic/Open meeting in June of 2019 (after UK 7on7).
Looking forward to seeing the scores. Doesn't tell me a lot about the teams, but I enjoy keeping up with the middle school squads. Out of curiosity, when they enter in offense and defense player of the game, is there a visible spreadsheet for that info? Or is that for KYMSFA use only. I know its probably a youth protection thing to not share, but that small piece of info is interesting.

Thank you all for sharing!
Updates for Week 2:

Just a few updates for this week.

1. Team shirts - KYMSFA is asking teams to send in on of their team shirts for 2018. We will be taking the shirts and making a shirt blanket out of them to display at our events. All Shirts need to be received by Oct 1, 2018 for this to happen. Message me privately for the address to send the shirts, thanks in advance.

2. Statewide Conference Call - The Statewide Conference Call will take place on Wednesday August 22, 2018 at 9pm Eastern Time. We will discuss everything from paperwork items, playoff questions, Allstars, Team Kentucky, Tryouts and more. The call will be open staring at 8:45PM eastern time, to get your questions into the que.
When will the scores be posted?
CoachNM0523 Wrote:When will the scores be posted?

Planning on doing the downloads on Tuesday nights to have posted by some time on Wednesday.

Many are not turning in their scores. There are only a handful of submissions so far.
plantmanky Wrote:Planning on doing the downloads on Tuesday nights to have posted by some time on Wednesday.

Many are not turning in their scores. There are only a handful of submissions so far.

Awesome. Always enjoy reading through and keeping up with the teams across the state.