Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 08' 5 Star recruit high on UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a clip from an article on rivals today about Willie Warren, 5 star in the 08 class:

"My mom and I decided to open my recruitment back up," Warren said. "As soon as schools found out that I was back open I got a whole bunch of phone calls from a bunch of different schools."

But one school is really pushing Warren hard. It shouldn't come as a surprise as this coach has been pursuing him extremely hard even if it was at a former address just a week ago.

"I just got off the phone with coach (Billy) Gillispie, and he's making it even tougher on my decision," Warren said. "We've opened back up so we don't really have a list, but it's hard to turn down Kentucky, Kansas and Texas right now."

Gillispie has made one thing clear since taking over in Lexington: He wants Warren to headline his class of 2008.

"He wants me bad," Warren said. "He just went through all the All-Americans that they've had, how much they fill the arena and tomorrow I'm going to be on the ESPN Kentucky radio station. They're coming strong right now."

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=662880
This doesn't surprise me at all. I knew Gillispie was pursuing him at A&M. This is great. This man is unbelievable! How many scholarships would we have for next year? I know we've offered Miller and Kevin Jones. Do we have a 3rd to offer Warren?
See, did Tubby ever do this kind of thing? No, he hired people to do his recruiting who were horrible.
BFritz Wrote:See, did Tubby ever do this kind of thing? No, he hired people to do his recruiting who were horrible.

Dude...He's gone. Why do you have to continue to beat this into the ground. Everybody gets the point you're trying to get across. It worked. Wink

BCG is the coach now. Focus on that instead of the past.