Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: SI ranks the college bball coaches.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two things struck me when I first saw this.......

First of all, I can't stand Duke but no way Coach K is behind Calhoun
Second of all, Wheres Tubby??

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/wr...index.html
I like the list. It's pretty accurate. But I agree with you, BC, in no way is Coach K behind Calhoun.
U ask wheres tubby, the answer is easy. The list is for the top coaches in college basketball, he is nowhere near the being a top coach. The only reason he got recognized before is because he coached UK and UK kept him in the ranks of top coaches. Now he is in Minnesota where he belongs, out of the coaching limelight.
SportsFan80 Wrote:U ask wheres tubby, the answer is easy. The list is for the top coaches in college basketball, he is nowhere near the being a top coach. The only reason he got recognized before is because he coached UK and UK kept him in the ranks of top coaches. Now he is in Minnesota where he belongs, out of the coaching limelight.

Can you honeslty say he did a bad job? He has negative stats and positive stats like every other coach in america. JMO.

But yeah this list is pretty accurate but coach k i honeslty think should be number 2 atleast, infront of williams and Calhoun.
Looks like a good list, I would also have Coach K above Calhoun.
Super_de Wrote:Can you honeslty say he did a bad job? He has negative stats and positive stats like every other coach in america. JMO.

But yeah this list is pretty accurate but coach k i honeslty think should be number 2 atleast, infront of williams and Calhoun.

I can honestly say he's a bad coach. He didn't know how to coach to his team's strengths, among other things.
Thank u BFritz for agreeing with me. I dont know why so many people want to give the man so much credit and say that he was a great coach. Like I said before, the only reason he was ever in the top ranks as a coach was because he coached at UK, that will put anyone in the ranks of the best.
Smith was a fine coach. He usually puts a great defensive team on the floor, and he knows the game very well. With that said, I don't think he has yet to prove himself as an elite coach. IMO, you can't put him in the same discussion as Knight, Pitino, Coach K, Williams, Boheim, and Calhoun.
the list looks good .I have to say wait til next year.Bill boy will be a little higher thanks to the blue team he will make.Tubby was not a bad basketball coach. He just wasn't a big game coach ,nor a NCAA final 32 coach, nor a SEC coach.Nor did he coach my favorite style bball.
bengal cat... hes right where he needs to be.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Smith was a fine coach. He usually puts a great defensive team on the floor, and he knows the game very well. With that said, I don't think he has yet to prove himself as an elite coach. IMO, you can't put him in the same discussion as Knight, Pitino, Coach K, Williams, Boheim, and Calhoun.

But only putting a defense on the floor doesn't do a whole lot in basketball if you don't coach players to capitalize off of the defenses achievements
bizmark Wrote:bengal cat... hes right where he needs to be.

Coach K or Tubby?