Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK Seniors Interview on WMDJ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We will interview Bobby Perry, Woo and Sheray Thomas at 12:30 on WMDJ FM 100.1 at 12:30 today...Feel free to tune it. We will post some remarks about the interview here later today.
The guys were great!

They have enjoyed their stay here in the hills.

Woo told us how much he loves hunting and the lakes and fields and such. I asked him had he been taken on a deer hunting trip and he said of course and loves deer hunting here. I then asked him how he fit in the tree stand and he said he WAS the tree stand. It was hilarious.

Sheray is laid back and is having a blast. He was excited about the free food from Giovanni's. He's ready to go back to Montreal, but wants to return here in the future and loves the area.

Bobby said he had been in this area before, traveling back to North Carolina this way (must've been a long trip). I asked him about how the team dealt with the rumors and pressure this season, especially towards the end of the season. He said it was hard and stressful, dealing with the media and everything else. He said the team tried to stay focused and wished things could've been better. He said the Kansas game was really tough to endure. Bobby also enjoys producing music and wants to be richer than Simon Cowell.

This is their first stop on the Barnstorming Tour and they are looking forward to playing tomorrow night at Allen Central. They were also surprised at how large the gyms here are, especially the high school gyms. I told them, we take basketball seriously.

They are great guys and have one heck of ride, a Ford F-150 decked out in UK gear from a Lexington dealership that I will leave nameless! It's sweet.
What no pictures of the truck or of them from the event.
Batpuff Wrote:What no pictures of the truck or of them from the event.

Our secretary took pictures. She's already gone, but I'll get her to bring them and I'll upload a few. Wink

I forgot to mention that both Bobby Perry and Woo said they had met with Billy Gilispie and were impressed. Perry said during the interview that he would like to possibly pursue a graduate assistant's role with Gillispie next season.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Our secretary took pictures. She's already gone, but I'll get her to bring them and I'll upload a few. Wink

I forgot to mention that both Bobby Perry and Woo said they had met with Billy Gilispie and were impressed. Perry said during the interview that he would like to possibly pursue a graduate assistant's role with Gillispie next season.
That would be pretty cool, actually. Perry wasn't the best player, but he knew his role and when it came Tourney time, he stepped up his game, and in most cases carried the team. I think he would be a nice asset to the staff. I kind of like the idea.
jammin' jamey Wrote:They are great guys and have one heck of ride, a Ford F-150 decked out in UK gear from a Lexington dealership that I will leave nameless! It's sweet.

There's a picture of Woo driving the truck on Kentucky Sports Radio. He was dropping people off in it by Two Keys the other night. Pretty hilarious. The horn played On on U of K when he honked it. Smile
alfus21 Wrote:There's a picture of Woo driving the truck on Kentucky Sports Radio. He was dropping people off in it by Two Keys the other night. Pretty hilarious. The horn played On on U of K when he honked it. Smile

That ride is sweet. Woo literally folded up to get back in it. Smile
here is a pic of the truck its off of KSR http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=2183
That pic doesn't do the truck justice at all. It even has leather Kentucky Blue seats. A wildcat hood ornament with a big claw on it.
jammin' jamey Wrote:That pic doesn't do the truck justice at all. It even has leather Kentucky Blue seats. A wildcat hood ornament with a big claw on it.

Not to mention the horn. Smile
jammin' jamey Wrote:The guys were great!

They have enjoyed their stay here in the hills.

Woo told us how much he loves hunting and the lakes and fields and such. I asked him had he been taken on a deer hunting trip and he said of course and loves deer hunting here. I then asked him how he fit in the tree stand and he said he WAS the tree stand. It was hilarious.

Sheray is laid back and is having a blast. He was excited about the free food from Giovanni's. He's ready to go back to Montreal, but wants to return here in the future and loves the area.

Bobby said he had been in this area before, traveling back to North Carolina this way (must've been a long trip). I asked him about how the team dealt with the rumors and pressure this season, especially towards the end of the season. He said it was hard and stressful, dealing with the media and everything else. He said the team tried to stay focused and wished things could've been better. He said the Kansas game was really tough to endure. Bobby also enjoys producing music and wants to be richer than Simon Cowell.

This is their first stop on the Barnstorming Tour and they are looking forward to playing tomorrow night at Allen Central. They were also surprised at how large the gyms here are, especially the high school gyms. I told them, we take basketball seriously.

They are great guys and have one heck of ride, a Ford F-150 decked out in UK gear from a Lexington dealership that I will leave nameless! It's sweet.

Sounds like you had a blast, JJ.
That sounds like an awesome time. Wish I coulda been there JJ, lol.
-STATS- Wrote:That sounds like an awesome time. Wish I coulda been there JJ, lol.

It was spur of the moment live radio and yes blackcat_student, it was fun. Wink

I know many have said this is the worst bunch of seniors and others have said they wouldn't see them play for free, but I'm telling you, you won't find a better bunch of down-to-earth guys than those seniors. They are a class-act.

They have ran out of basketballs to sign and have been going to some of the elementary schools in Floyd County the last two days and kids can't get enough of them. It's been a huge success, even if us arm-chair coaches think they are not the best players to wear blue & white.
Is this interview scheduled to be rebroadcast as a recording?? If so what day and time?? Anyway thats really cool thanks for the Thread and post JJ.
Moe Wrote:Is this interview scheduled to be rebroadcast as a recording?? If so what day and time?? Anyway thats really cool thanks for the Thread and post JJ.

It happened so fast, I forgot to record it. I actually was ready to record it, but then in the moment, I just forgot it...!!!
jammin' jamey Wrote:It happened so fast, I forgot to record it. I actually was ready to record it, but then in the moment, I just forgot it...!!!
Thats cool , I understand completley.:Thumbs: