Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jordan Not Coming?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Highly-regarded prospect DeAndre Jordan will not follow Billy Gillispie to Kentucky, the player's AAU coach said Thursday.

Gillispie signed Jordan, a 6-foot-11 center, to play for Texas A&M. When Gillispie took the Kentucky coaching job last week, speculation arose about Jordan following him to Lexington.

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/40583.html

Of course this story does not mention what Jordan has said, but things aren't looking good.
It doesnt matter as long as we do get a good recruit signed and not some sub par guy. But I guess anyone he signs is a plus with the way Tubby recruited.
Disappointing news. I didn't look good last night from the stuff I found.
Saw on the front page of Catspause.com that Kentucky was still a possbility for him.. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
This sucks.
Well it would have been awesome if he had come!
Just now I look at rivals.com and today's headlines says Jordan says UK still open for him.
BCF4L Wrote:[url=http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/40583.html][/url]Of course this story does not mention what Jordan has said, but things aren't looking good.

From the same story I read:

Although his coach said he won’t follow Billy Gillispie to Kentucky, highly regarded prospect DeAndre Jordan wouldn’t rule it out Thursday.

But in Louisville for the Derby Festival game, Jordan said, “I don’t know what the future holds right now; I’m just trying to feel out the staff (at A&M) and see how they are.”

“It’s possible, but I can’t say yes or no right now,” Jordan said of a Kentucky move.

Jordan said he talked to Gillispie on Sunday.

Speculation about a possible transfer arose when Jordan did not write Texas A&M on a form he submitted for the Derby game.
Apparently they updated the story after I posted it. Nowhere in the story did it even mention what Jordan had to say. Now the link doesn't work so obviously more accusations by KY media.
They are quick to gun and run lately.
Nobody will know for sure (including Jordan himself) 'till he meets with the new coach at A&M. If he asks for and receives a release from his LOI he will be fair game for anyone to recruit including UK. Unless A&M puts a stipulation in the release stating otherwise.
Is it a big process to get out of a letter of intent, or is it simply just the school you signed it with letting you go?
This Decision Is Huge For Uk And Coach Billy G!!!!!!
BurntTires Wrote:Is it a big process to get out of a letter of intent, or is it simply just the school you signed it with letting you go?

It happens all the time. But you are right, it's up to the school to grant the release. The school also has the option to put stipulations in the release....for example: Texas A&M could decide to release Jordan from his LOI but stipulate that he cannot go to UK. Not saying that would happen....just using it as an example. If the school refuses to release a player, they can transfer but would have to sit out a year.
Bengal Cat Wrote:It happens all the time. But you are right, it's up to the school to grant the release. The school also has the option to put stipulations in the release....for example: Texas A&M could decide to release Jordan from his LOI but stipulate that he cannot go to UK. Not saying that would happen....just using it as an example. If the school refuses to release a player, they can transfer but would have to sit out a year.

They can also choose not to release him in which case there is not an appeals process to get the decision reversed, if I am not mistake.

However, while on the subject I don't find it fair AT ALL that a college can put stipulations on a LOI release saying that a player cannot contact/transfer to a certain college. That makes absolutely NO sense to me. I mean there are so many things wrong with that picture. Basically violates the First Amendment/freedom of choice if you ask me.
thetribe Wrote:They can also choose not to release him in which case there is not an appeals process to get the decision reversed, if I am not mistake.

However, while on the subject I don't find it fair AT ALL that a college can put stipulations on a LOI release saying that a player cannot contact/transfer to a certain college. That makes absolutely NO sense to me. I mean there are so many things wrong with that picture. Basically violates the First Amendment/freedom of choice if you ask me.
Thats the purpose of the appeals process, if they dont release him then he will have to appeal the decision.
Bengal Cat Wrote:It happens all the time. But you are right, it's up to the school to grant the release. The school also has the option to put stipulations in the release....for example: Texas A&M could decide to release Jordan from his LOI but stipulate that he cannot go to UK. Not saying that would happen....just using it as an example. If the school refuses to release a player, they can transfer but would have to sit out a year.

Do you happen to have a link to the rules of letting someone out of their LOI? It's not that I don't believe you about aTm being able to say he can't go to a specific school, but I've seen both sides of the story. Personally, I see it as either they let him out of his LOI or they don't.
Doesn't matter now...hes staying at A&M

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/...geId=6.1.1
He's staying 100% per Fox Sports in Houston.
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/...geId=6.1.1
Yea they said he had a meeting with the new coach and told him that he was going to honor his L.O.I.
espn said he would honor L.O.I.