Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Any news on Patterson, Jordan or Lucas?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How is coach doing on recruiting these guys?...im getting anxious about signing day approaching...

And any news of DeAndre; I mean is he gonna apply for a release or what?
I'm pretty certain Lucas is scheduled to visit Florida this weekend (Saturday I believe.) As far as Patterson goes, I haven't heard anything new on him lately. He's still evaluating all of his options and will probably make a decision towards the end of the month or near the end of the signing period. Last I read on Jordan was that he will ask for a release and could either end up in Lexington or Bloomington. People have said he was strongly considering Indiana before he signed with A&M, so who knows? That is all I know as of right now. I will be sure to post more when, and if, I find anything out.
Yes Lucas is scheduled to visit Florida but its on Friday. He already visited UK on October 10th.
Shelton Brown a 5-10 140 pound point gaurd out of Bowan High School in South Carolina is showing some intrest in Uk but no as much as Alabama St, Clemson, and South Carolina. Brown is not ranked though and has two stars for the position ranking.
The_Pistol Wrote:Shelton Brown a 5-10 140 pound point gaurd out of Bowan High School in South Carolina is showing some intrest in Uk but no as much as Alabama St, Clemson, and South Carolina. Brown is not ranked though and has two stars for the position ranking.

Positon Rating**** Not position Ranking
Teenk Akol is showing intrest for UK along with seven other schools. He is a 6-10 PF whos position rank is 27th and position ranking is 4 stars.
The_Pistol Wrote:Teenk Akol is showing intrest for UK along with seven other schools. He is a 6-10 PF whos position rank is 27th and position ranking is 4 stars.
According to Rivals.com, he is a 3-star PF, and is ranked #145 in the Class of 2008. People are asking why this kid hasn't been talked about more. And BTW, it's Teeng, not Teenk. (just to clear it up.) Wink But from what I've heard and read, he has some academic problems that could ultimately prevent him from playing at the next level.
guys i kinda just wanted to know about the status of patterson, lucas, and jordan...we can go days and days about possible recruits for kentucky in the future. I hope this thread can just focus on these three. Im not a member of rivals or anything like that so I never can get the "inside scoop" so it would be cool to hear some rumors...
Well, ff07, Jordan is staying in Texas. He commented earlier in an interview that he is comfortable in College Station. I'll post the link as soon as I can find it. I know he wasn't one of the players in question, but Steffphon Pettigrew is scheduled to make an unofficial visit to UK this weekend. Gillispie told him last Friday when he called to hold off on a decision until they meet together and talk. That's as much as I know as of now. Hopefully it helps answer some questions.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Well, ff07, Jordan is staying in Texas. He commented earlier in an interview that he is comfortable in College Station.

Say it ain't so! :eek:
Recruiting guru Bob Gibbons says... "I doubt that A&M will grant a release, and so then it will come down the appeals process, which will take a while. I'm sure Gillispie would want him, but it is not really up to him. I think Jordan will stay at Texas A&M."

http://insider.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN...id%3d15333
Since Gillispie's announcement, A&M's players have said that the other three recruits - B.J. Holmes, Derrek Lewis and Nathan Walkup - sound very positive about honoring their commitment to A&M. Most believe DeAndre Jordan, a Top-10 recruit out of Houston, still wants to come to A&M but have stopped short of saying it's a done deal.

http://www.aggiesports.com/stories/04110...411025.php
One more...

Aggies guard Josh Carter said he spoke with recruit DeAndre Jordan, a touted center, recently. "He said he didn't know what he was going to do," Carter said. "(But) he said he wants to come here."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stori...d266b.html
Everyone keeps talking about landing Jordan, Lucas, and Patterson. I honestly think Lucas will end up choosing Kentucky. I think Patterson will choose Florida. Jordan will NOT be at UK next season. Like, JJ said, it may come down to the appeals process, which could last a while. That, and he is still set on A&M, he just hasn't come public with it. I say we land Lucas and Pettigrew, let Patterson go to Gainsville, and save the 3rd scholarship for the 2008 or 2009 class.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Everyone keeps talking about landing Jordan, Lucas, and Patterson. I honestly think Lucas will end up choosing Kentucky. I think Patterson will choose Florida. Jordan will NOT be at UK next season. Like, JJ said, it may come down to the appeals process, which could last a while. That, and he is still set on A&M, he just hasn't come public with it. I say we land Lucas and Pettigrew, let Patterson go to Gainsville, and save the 3rd scholarship for the 2008 or 2009 class.
I'm in the minority but I would rather have Pettigrew than Patterson anyway. Not because Pettigrew is from Kentucky. But as I have stated on here many times before, I think Patterson is way overrated. Pettigrew is a much more complete player.
FBALL Wrote:I'm in the minority but I would rather have Pettigrew than Patterson anyway. Not because Pettigrew is from Kentucky. But as I have stated on here many times before, I think Patterson is way overrated. Pettigrew is a much more complete player.
If people like you who think that are in the minority, I guess I'm in there as well. I too think Patterson is overrated.
He has a NBA size body (Patterson) and the look...But in the games I have seen him play, he just doesn't impress me. Now I know it is hard to impress someone when you have an O.J. Mayo on your team who shoots the ball 40 times a game. But when Patterson did get the ball, it seemed to me that he never wanted to be aggressive or square up to the goal. Don't get me wrong, WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HIM AT UK. But I do think there are players just as good as Patterson out there under the radar!
FBALL Wrote:I'm in the minority but I would rather have Pettigrew than Patterson anyway. Not because Pettigrew is from Kentucky. But as I have stated on here many times before, I think Patterson is way overrated. Pettigrew is a much more complete player.

I don't think Patterson is overrated, but there is a huge positive in landing Pettigrew over Patterson - Pettigrew will stay longer than Patterson.
Jordan is now out of the question as reported on Kentucky.om
This comment from ESPN.com doesn't look promising for Lucas coming to UK. He didn't even mention us.

Jai Lucas comments on upcoming Florida visit
Unsigned ESPN 150 Jai Lucas will make an official visit to Florida this weekend, according to the Gainesville Sun. "I had left a visit open just in case," he said. "Florida has been recruiting me since I was a sophomore in high school. When the juniors decided to leave last week, when Taurean (Green) decided to leave, it looked like there was an opportunity for a point guard to come in and play. I like the way they played as a team. I think Florida is one of those schools now you think about when you think about basketball, like Duke and North Carolina. So that's a big thing."
Here is comment posted about Patterson.

Gillespie, Patterson make contact
New Kentucky coach Billy Gillespie has been text messaging Patrick Patterson's mother, Tywanna, and even took the step of faxing a letter of intent to the Patterson home, according to the Kentucky Post. Gillespie and assistant coach Jeremy Cox will be visiting the All-American on Monday.
this is good new on patterson..hopefully coach B will get him....but have you heard about stephon pettigrew lately...
Maybe Jordan isn't out.
Jordan wouldn't rule out following Gillespie
DeAndre Jordan told reporters on Thursday he would follow Billy Gillespie to Kentucky if the coach made him an offer but he wouldn't leave Texas A&M on his own, according to the Kentucky Post. "That's a deal they have to do," said the 7-foot center. "I can't say 'Coach, can you take me?' Because I don't think that's right for Texas A&M." Gillespie says he doesn't plan on luring A&M recruits to Kentucky. "That would not be the right thing to do," said the coach.
Armchair QB Wrote:Maybe Jordan isn't out.
Jordan wouldn't rule out following Gillespie
DeAndre Jordan told reporters on Thursday he would follow Billy Gillespie to Kentucky if the coach made him an offer but he wouldn't leave Texas A&M on his own, according to the Kentucky Post. "That's a deal they have to do," said the 7-foot center. "I can't say 'Coach, can you take me?' Because I don't think that's right for Texas A&M." Gillespie says he doesn't plan on luring A&M recruits to Kentucky. "That would not be the right thing to do," said the coach.
Well, that makes it hard considering that Gillespie can not innitiate the contact between the two. It has to come from Jordan so that would mean that Jordan would have to call him behind A&M's back.
Beef Wrote:Well, that makes it hard considering that Gillespie can not innitiate the contact between the two. It has to come from Jordan so that would mean that Jordan would have to call him behind A&M's back.

Beef, Would it make a difference if TAM released him from his LOI? Wouldn't he be open for contact then? I don't know for sure. Seems to me like he would be fair game if he is not obligated to a school through contract.
I hope that Billy G reels in Patterson.

As far as the Jordan situation, it is kind of sticky. It sounds to me like Jordan won't get out of his LOI with T.A.M. until hearing from Billy G in which case Billy cannot initiate contact and says that he will not try to lure Jordan to the Wildcats. T.A.M. isn't going to release him out of the LOI just because they want to, Jordan will have to take the first steps in getting the ball rolling.