Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK Women's Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know what the press conference is about in the morning at 9:30 am? I hope coach Demoss is not leaving.:eek:
I haven't heard anything, but maybe she is leaving. Wouldn't surprise me if Barnhardt pressured her about it too.
I think they were talking about a buyout or something. I guess we'll see tomorrow.
She's gone. Per the Herald Leader...
http://kentucky.com/181/story/39306.html
That sucks! I liked Demoss!
Demoss had a decent season the year before this last one, but other than that.....

Barnhardt is cleaning house and trying to build his own legacy in hopes he will be seen as the man who saved UK athletics.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Demoss had a decent season the year before this last one, but other than that.....

Barnhardt is cleaning house and trying to build his own legacy in hopes he will be seen as the man who saved UK athletics.
But Barnhart is the one who hired Demoss.
I don't think this one was Mitch's decision...reports I am hearing say this was initiated by Demoss.

Is it possible she is pulling a Billy G?? Agreeing to an extension then leaving for a bigger job???
WOW...I think this is big news and will hurt the UK womens basketball program. But anyways, Best of Luck Coach DeMoss wherever you may be going!
yeah i really liked Coach Demoss too good luck in the future coach Demoss.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:But Barnhart is the one who hired Demoss.
I don't think this one was Mitch's decision...reports I am hearing say this was initiated by Demoss.

Is it possible she is pulling a Billy G?? Agreeing to an extension then leaving for a bigger job???

I don't know, I assumed she was losing her touch. If she was going to leave for a better job, I would have thought that it would have been last year, not after this past season.
Seems like she's not going anywhere just wanted to retire. But hopefully they can keep the top 25 recruiting class coming in.
Man. Barnhart is going to need a vacation soon.
Yeah I seen on ESPN NEWS were she had resigned.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:But Barnhart is the one who hired Demoss.

Duke's women's program is looking to make a hire. That's the only place I could see DeMoss going to that's bigger than being in the SEC.

Maybe she's just burned out. She's been at it for 30 years and seems to enjoy being the assistant more so than the head coach. She didn't fair well as the head coach at Florida years ago and maybe it's too much pressure.

Good luck to her. This is a crushing and surprising blow to the UK women's team. It sucks.
Yeah, this sucks I liked Demoss too, but I heard she was goin to LSU because they are also looking for a coach that Pokey Chapman resigned bout a month ago.
She was a great coach... she completely turned around the UK woman's program. I can understand wanting to retire after 30 years... but I see her coaching again in the future. Let's hope UK gets another great coach!
Shes not going to be head coach at LSU, Van Chancellor is taking that job.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=2833139
I hope that UK brings in someone who can do great things with the program. I would love to see it eventually getting the recognition that the Lady Vols do. Demoss really caught my eye when we beat UT a couple of seasons ago.
Duke is the only other place if that is the reason she is leaving..Maybe she is burnt out..Who knows and only time shall tell if " She wants to get away from the game."
30 years coaching is a long time maybe she needed a break.