Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: John Pelphrey To Coach Arkansas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congrats to Pelphrey
Congrats John-
this could be great for his career.
gratz john
Wwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Pppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggg Ppppellpppphhhhrrrrrreeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i seen it on espn this morning congrats to John P.
Congrats
Congrat Pel
I heard this last night!! It's awesome! Congrats!!!
very nice......congrats
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Wwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Pppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggg Ppppellpppphhhhrrrrrreeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree.Big Grin
I just seen this on ESPN as well, congrats John well deserved.
CRAP now I have to pull for them a little. CONGRATS!
CatDawg Wrote:CRAP now I have to pull for them a little. CONGRATS!

My thoughts exactly CatDawg.
I never thought I would be for the Razorbacks in any capacity. I bet we start seeing a little more of the Arkansas sports gear around the area. I think they will be a force again in the SEC. Best I can remember their fan following at one time was close to what UK had.
Broke this story last week and good to see.. Congrats for Pelphrey, should make for an interesting trip to Rupp when the Razorbacks come calling next season.
Congrats, but listening to the radio the other day, several callers from Arkansas were VERY unhappy with the hire.

They seem to think Pelphrey doesn't have enough experience and hasn't shown anything great.

Sounds like Arkansas doesn't appreciate him at all.
Oh well. They have to put up with him for now! Wonder if Pelphrey is bringing his staff from South Alabama? Matt Figger from Jenkins was the Assistant Coach with Pelphrey there!
congrats
ComfortEagle Wrote:Congrats, but listening to the radio the other day, several callers from Arkansas were VERY unhappy with the hire.

They seem to think Pelphrey doesn't have enough experience and hasn't shown anything great.

Sounds like Arkansas doesn't appreciate him at all.

I think Arkansas fans are more delirous than UK fans in thinking that their program is one of the Top 10 in the country and deserves better. I would say they have a steal in Pelphrey, considering what he did with South Alabama in a conference (Sun Belt) that doesn't even rank as a "mid-major" and hasn't had an at-large bid in forever.
Wow, big shock, remember a week ago those saying he was only good enough to be an Assistant at UK?

Where are those of you now?
I'm not saying that he is or isn't good enough to be an assistant at UK, just that Arkansas fans don't seem to have that same opinion.
CatDawg Wrote:CRAP now I have to pull for them a little. CONGRATS!

Same here, that is until they play UK, lol.
Congrats to JP!
Congrats Dirtmouth!!
98 Wrote:Wow, big shock, remember a week ago those saying he was only good enough to be an Assistant at UK?

Where are those of you now?

I never saw that ONE time 98....
well, I love the Hogs and Im tickled to death that Pelphrey got the job. I wanted him at UK, but Im glad he ended up at Fayetteville. And there are a few that are unhappy, but the majority are very happy and excited about the hire. Its basically the same as UK wanting Billy Donovan but getting Gillespie. Hogs fans wanted Calipari but got Pelphrey. Some are still pouting because they didnt get their first choices. But hell with them, Im happy, lol
Congrats JP! I'll cheer him on, only when he isn't play UK.
Pages: 1 2