Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2007 Jr. High Football Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2007 jr. high football season. opinions on who will clinch the county chip & why.

mine is Pikeville. they had big 7th graders who can back them up. Belfry loses ALOT of good players. i dont know about them just yet.
It will be an great game but Pikeville has to get nsome good refs 1st
i know belfry should be pretty good that got some 7th graders this year that might get a good chance on the 8th grade team,and they was only scored on 1 time the whole year in 6th grade..
In my experience, sixth grade football is not a good benchmark of what will happen in junior high!
I dont think millard wont be any good next year, there losing bryan casey (I think thats his name). Elkhorn Might have a decent season next year, and Feds Creek will just plain out suck(sorry guys).
yeah millard lost everything. Last year was their year to win county and they didn't, it will be a long while before they reach that status again. GREAT season nonetheless, finishing something along the lines of 10-3? all games lost by 1 td or less.
i know 6th grade is not the same..but they had some players thats going to be very nice the uping coming years if the continue to work hard..and no matter who you play against,its not easy to give up just 6points all season long.
pikeville lost a lot of kids like ben staggs, steven layne, ross mccoy, charles mims and etc. but i think their eighth graders to be will be a hard team to beat
i hear belfry this year will have to use some of the 7th graders coming up,there not alot of the 8th graders coming out to lift,if they dont get some determination,i know of aleast 5 games they will lose,those being 2(russell) 2(johnson central)and to pikeville,could be more not sure of the other teams in the county have this year..hope they get fired up..go little pirates..
I hear that Pikeville will be using their 7th graders to play the 8th grade games and the 8th graders will play a full freshmen schedule with the 9th graders. It is till in the works from what I understand, but is is supposed to go through.
bigpun Wrote:I hear that Pikeville will be using their 7th graders to play the 8th grade games and the 8th graders will play a full freshmen schedule with the 9th graders. It is till in the works from what I understand, but is is supposed to go through.

That is a possibility, but the HS coaches havent even made their mind up of who will be the next Jr. High coach.
Yea the comping up 8th graders will do that for sure as of right now and but they'll get to come back and play in the county championship and that will make Pikeville a lot harder to beat because they'll be so strong andeven be more expierenced.
millard wont suck they will be decent because they had some players that didnt get to play they will have a pretty good player at lineman i belive his name is zack picklesimer he started this year over some of the other 8th graders
bigpun Wrote:I hear that Pikeville will be using their 7th graders to play the 8th grade games and the 8th graders will play a full freshmen schedule with the 9th graders. It is till in the works from what I understand, but is is supposed to go through.
From what Ive been told that is a done deal. Were in a freshmen conference with JC,Belfry,and LCC is what I was told by Coach J himself.
What if Coach Jackson is not around come the start of the season? Will they still play this schedule?
bigpun Wrote:What if Coach Jackson is not around come the start of the season? Will they still play this schedule?
Good question. I personally like the idea though it gives the kids in 7th and 8th grade a chance to play where the top notch eighth graders would be playing. Also the freshmen players who dont play much JV will get to play alot and the really good eighth graders will all get to play some good competition. I still hope they do this whether Coach J is here or not. IMO itll help us in the long run. Plus itll keep some of the parents from whining about theyre son not getting any playing time. Well, probably not, but the thought was good wasnt it? LOL!
Well Jackson will be around and I hope they get this done to where they can have a full freshman schedule while pulling up some 8th graders to play. 7th graders have to play up to better competition. Which is a really good thing BTW. Also the 8th graders have to play up to netter competition.
I didn't think 8th graders could play up with high schoolers? Isn't that against KHSAA rules?
No it is not illegal to move 8th graders up to play against freshmen.
So who all has Shelby Valley Middle School on their schedule?
theyre combing...that will be alot easier on the players to not have to play def. and off. the will also have ALOT of speed and strength for linemen, backs, and linebackers. they will have a pretty good chance against pikeville and belfry.