Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Will Barnhardt Even Call Pat Riley?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would Pat Riley even consider finishing his
great career in the seat once held by
Adolph Rupp?
no
No, I don't think Mitch would call him and NO, I don't think he would come.
If Mitch Barnhart doesn't find the best coach out there he should be ran out of the Bluegrass State. Hiring UK's next BBall coach is the most important career decision he'll ever make. I'm starting to think that like in Tubby's case, maybe the job was too big for Mitch.
Even if he did call Pat Riley he still wouldnt come.
DevilsWin Wrote:If Mitch Barnhart doesn't find the best coach out there he should be ran out of the Bluegrass State. Hiring UK's next BBall coach is the most important career decision he'll ever make. I'm starting to think that like in Tubby's case, maybe the job was too big for Mitch.

I agree that who Barnhardt hires will determine his future at UK, but look at what he's done so far. He stayed true with Rich Brooks when everyone wanted him gone, and now the football team is competing at a bowl-level. Barnhardt also got UK's baseball coach who has brought the baseball team to national prominence.

I think Barnhardt knows that he needs to bring in a big name, but no, I don't think Pat Riley will come.

If Barnhardt could have gotten Donovan here, he would very possibly have gotten a dorm or street named after him at UK, but now his fate is in who he gets to come in and take over the program.