Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Will UK fans be satisfied with any coach that is "the second choice"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With Donovan out of the running, will Kentucky fans be happy with whomever the plan B or even C coach is???
I might have preferred Donovan, but if
MB could get Calipari, I don't think
I would label him, or Izzo for that
matter, as guys who have to bow in
Donovan's shadow. Fox sports is saying
that all four Florida juniors are leaving
for the NBA...that means six of Florida's
top seven won't be back. Good recruiting
class or not, Donovan and UF will not
be dominant again like this for a while.
I wasn't a big fan of getting Donovan but I would like to see Gillispie here.
What about KY fans as a whole???
How will " Coach B" be received by the masses?
He'll be treated like crap because these crazed fans that I was referring to yesterday only wanted one coach and that was Donovan.

I'll enjoy whoever the coach is because I'm sure it will be fine. Barnhart won't hire a scrub with all the pressure on him now.
alfus21 Wrote:Barnhart won't hire a scrub with all the pressure on him now.
What if that is all that is left???
What if none of the "big" names want it???
FOX SPORTS Wrote:What if that is all that is left???
What if none of the "big" names want it???

There's still plenty of names out there that would be fine with the fanbase including Barnes and Gillispie. If those two fall through then Pelphrey and Ford is the worst case scenario.
I posted this in another thread. The only person that would have healed Big Blue Nation was Donovan. Now, no matter who is it, they will be scrutinized by the same fans that forced Tubby out.

Somewhere Tubby is laughing.
Rick Pitino was UK's thrid choice back when he got the nod after Lute Olsen and PJ Carlisimo passed on the opprotunity, so I'm sure the next suitor for the position will do just fine. I'm ready to get a coach and move on just like everyone else.
The only thing that hurts with this is recruiting. Hopefully we'll have a coach by tomorrow which could be a real possibility and he can begin to bring some players in. Patterson is a lost cause now but Lucas is still an option.

No single person is bigger than UK Basketball, and people were way too hyped up on Billy D. when this coaching search got started.

I'm surprised as the next guy because it seemed to be all lining up but UK will get a good coach, and he deserves praise for coming in to coach and nothing less.
Andy Katz is saying UF is in the hunt for Lucas now.
CatDawg Wrote:Andy Katz is saying UF is in the hunt for Lucas now.

I'd be more than shocked if Lucas went to Florida. They already have a blue chip PG coming in next season (Calathes) I don't know why he'd go there and play 2nd fiddle.
alfus21 Wrote:I'd be more than shocked if Lucas went to Florida. They already have a blue chip PG coming in next season (Calathes) I don't know why he'd go there and play 2nd fiddle.

I thought Calathes was a 6-6 shooting guard type.
thecavemaster Wrote:I thought Calathes was a 6-6 shooting guard type.

He's listed as a PG, but you're right. He could easily be a SG.
I watched D'Antoni and the Suns Sunday
play Dallas...Can you imagine that
offense and fast break in Rupp Arena...
a return to when a UK team goes on a
18-2 run in about two minutes and
the crowd melts in their seats?
Its not going to happen and it shouldnt happen but if they were to hire Ford or Pelphrey I think fans would be more satisfied. Because they are UK boys