Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sports Trivia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well this could be placed in either PRO or college, but since everyone seems to be worried about the UK coaching position let break the tension a little bit.

He was drafted by the NBA, the ABA, The NFL, and the MLB, his senior year in college. He was the first and I think the only player to be drafted by all at the same time.

OK who is he.
What year was this.
What College did they attended.
Which sport did he choose
Who was his first team.
Is it possibly John Elway. The year was I think 1983 or 1984, he went to Stanford University, chose football over the others and im not sure on who he was with first but I dont think it was Denver, maybe the Falcons?
Bo Jackson
Dave Winfield...
Deio Sanders?

Jim Thorpe?
Winfield was drafted by the Padres and became a MLB hall of famer but was also drafted by the other leagues as well if I'm not mistaken. He attended the University of Minnesota. He was drafted by the Vikings despite not playing college football. He was also drafted by the Utah Stars and Atlanta Hawks after playing both college basketball and baseball.

The only other person to be drafted by 3 majors is Dave Logan (MLB, NBA, and NFL)
Here's one I've used for years. How many Div1 College Team mascots names don't end in the letter s. For example "Wildcats" wouldn't qualify but "Crimson Tide" does count.

Here's 1 to get started:

1- Alabama Crimson Tide
jammin' jamey Wrote:Winfield was drafted by the Padres and became a MLB hall of famer but was also drafted by the other leagues as well if I'm not mistaken. He attended the University of Minnesota. He was drafted by the Vikings despite not playing college football. He was also drafted by the Utah Stars and Atlanta Hawks after playing both college basketball and baseball.

The only other person to be drafted by 3 majors is Dave Logan (MLB, NBA, and NFL)
i agree I thinks its Dave Winfield...1973....University of Minnesota....Baseball.....San Diego Padres
jammin' jamey Wrote:Winfield was drafted by the Padres and became a MLB hall of famer but was also drafted by the other leagues as well if I'm not mistaken. He attended the University of Minnesota. He was drafted by the Vikings despite not playing college football. He was also drafted by the Utah Stars and Atlanta Hawks after playing both college basketball and baseball.

Yea you got part of it correct you just left the year out. but BT got your back on that one.
DevilsWin Wrote:Here's one I've used for years. How many Div1 College Team mascots names don't end in the letter s. For example "Wildcats" wouldn't qualify but "Crimson Tide" does count.

Here's 1 to get started:

1- Alabama Crimson Tide
Harvard Crimson, Stanford Cardinal, One of my all time favorites the North Texas Mean Green
DevilsWin Wrote:Here's one I've used for years. How many Div1 College Team mascots names don't end in the letter s. For example "Wildcats" wouldn't qualify but "Crimson Tide" does count.

Here's 1 to get started:

1- Alabama Crimson Tide

Just off the top of my head...

Notre Dame Fighting Irish
UMASS Minutemen
Marshall Thundering Herd
Syracuse Orangemen
North Texas Mean Green
Tulane Green Wave
UMASS The Minute Men
Navy Midshipmen
Nevada Wolfpack
NC State Wolfpack
St Johns Red Storm
Stanford Cardinal
Wisconsin Green Bay Phoenix
What NCAA D-3 school has their mascot as the Banana Slug?
UC Santa Cruz
Another one what NCAA Division 1 school's student body selected an unofficial mascot as "Keggy the Keg"?
alfus21 Wrote:UC Santa Cruz

yulp that would be correct
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Another one what NCAA Division 1 school's student body selected an unofficial mascot as "Keggy the Keg"?
Would that be Dartmouth?
Alabama Crimson Tide
Harvard Crimson
Stanford Cardinal
North Texas Mean Green
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
UMASS Minutemen
Marshall Thundering Herd
Syracuse Orangemen
Navy Midshipmen
Nevada Wolfpack
NC State Wolfpack