Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pat Summitt gets her 7th National Title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How long after she retires do you think it will take for her to be inducted into the basketball hall of fame? Announcers said that Summitt could reach 1000 wins before even 200 losses.
If Geno at UCONN already got in I don't know why Pat has yet to be inducted. That is ironic considering Pat has won the most games of any coach at the D1 level. One day I would love to see Pat guide a men's team, some people won't like it, but what an achievement that would be.
I say bring her to UK if BIlly D doesnt come lol...she is an awsome coach...
GRIZZ Wrote:If Geno at UCONN already got in I don't know why Pat has yet to be inducted. That is ironic considering Pat has won the most games of any coach at the D1 level. One day I would love to see Pat guide a men's team, some people won't like it, but what an achievement that would be.

See, I thought Geno had retired for a while, and then came back, that's why he is in, I may be wrong and Pat may already be in.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I say bring her to UK if BIlly D doesnt come lol...she is an awsome coach...

I said the same thing to the wife earlier. If any female should ever get the chance it should be her. I would love to see her style at UK over Tubby's any day.
Heck yes, if Billy Donovan doesn't come, Pat Summitt would get my full support as the head coach of the UK Wildcats without a doubt in my mind. She is an amazing coach. THE best women's coach of all time in my honest opinion. Congratulations to her on yet another national title and best of luck to her in whatever she does in the future; head coach of the Vols, head coach in the NBA, WNBA, President of the United States....Big Grin
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:See, I thought Geno had retired for a while, and then came back, that's why he is in, I may be wrong and Pat may already be in.

The basketball HOF is funny in the way they handle their inductions, Roy Williams was introduced as an incoming member of the HOF this season as was Phil Jackson and both of them are coaching now. You could be right about Geno though.
congrats to Coach Summit and the Vols i love her fire and grit.
Congrats Pat!!! She is a great coach!
I agree with the guys on Cold Pizza this morning. Summit should move on and become the new Men's coach at Arkansas!!!
Maybe she can get in a blue and white cheerleading uniform...:Cheerlead
Congrats UT on getting #7
She is my hero. I love her lol.

Go lady vols!
Congrats Coach Summit!!!!
Congrats to UT and Pat Head Summitt for the victory and 7th National Title......Does ayone know if the #3 Parker went to the WNBA draft or not today..or is she stayin with the orange another year
ladycats9 Wrote:Congrats to UT and Pat Head Summitt for the victory and 7th National Title......Does ayone know if the #3 Parker went to the WNBA draft or not today..or is she stayin with the orange another year

Candace is staying with the team, she announced it last night in the post game ceremony as she asked the crowd if they wanted to see her wearing orange again next year. She is passing up millions in both the WNBA and Russia to play for Summitt again next year, but she is one hell of a player!
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Candace is staying with the team, she announced it last night in the post game ceremony as she asked the crowd if they wanted to see her wearing orange again next year. She is passing up millions in both the WNBA and Russia to play for Summitt again next year, but she is one hell of a player!

They don't make anywhere close to millions in the WNBA. The maximum salary is still under 100,000 dollars.

http://womensbasketballonline.com/wnba/r...alary.html
Congrats coach.......