Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beilein to Michigan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
News conference to announce hiring expected in the next 48 hours.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketb...y/10104587
Not sure if I'm glad about this or not. Wanted him to remain out there in case something falls through with Billy D. but then again I haven't heard his name and the UK job in the same conversation since right after Tubby departed.
GREA GREAT hire for Michigan
Really good hire by Michigan
Im actually pretty surprised about this. Regardless I agree this is a very good hire for the Wolverines.
Good pickup for Michigan
So will WVU try to get Huggins again?
I wonder if West Virginia will try to
get the VCU coach...he likes to play
the real up tempo style and is a Donovan
disciple. I think this would be a good
hire.
Michigan will pay John Beilein $1.3 million a season plus bonuses as part of a six-year contract to be its basketball coach.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2825254
Beilein has to pay West Virginia 2.5 million dollars to get out of his job.They had signed him through 2011 or something like that.I think that is good because sometimes it might keep a coach from leaving.He coached the job before his Richmond job for 5 years,,cant think of it,,its too early,,he coached richmond for 5 years and he coached WV for 5 years.I would have rather seen coach rod leave than beilein.I think they should go after his old assistant who ment to EKU.Bob Huggins his my second choise,,maybe we would get bill walker too.
why not Pelphrey to WVU?? Im probably the biggest Pelphrey supporter out there, and I think the guy will be great WHEREVER he goes..if UK isnt going to give him a look, then Id love to see him at WVU..Id much rather see a man with class, dignity and morals like Pelphrey take that job than Bob Huggins.
surprised i think WVU is a better job than Michigan.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:why not Pelphrey to WVU?? Im probably the biggest Pelphrey supporter out there, and I think the guy will be great WHEREVER he goes..if UK isnt going to give him a look, then Id love to see him at WVU..Id much rather see a man with class, dignity and morals like Pelphrey take that job than Bob Huggins.

People support Pelphrey?!

:lmao:
That Would Be Awsome.
rallo316 Wrote:surprised i think WVU is a better job than Michigan.
Beilein and his wife grew up on Lake Ontario and she didnt like morgantown!!
DevilsWin Wrote:So will WVU try to get Huggins again?

Good call, lol.