Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dana Altman will REMAIN Creighton coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Altman, who has compiled a record of 343-208 in 18 seasons as coach (Marshall 1989-90, Kansas State 1990-1994, Creighton 1994-present) led Creighton to 9 straight 20 win seasons before leaving for the Arkansas position..
He was the best man for the job...imo.
He has decided to stay at Creighton. Sounds like Arkansas can't get a coach first Bill Gillispie and now Altman. I just hope Billy D. doesn't fall through at UK because the cats could be in the same boat.
to much talent for altman the SEC is not for the weak.
A little bird alighted on my porch tonight and told me that Stan Heath left a real academic mess behind him when UA chased him out of town. One player has already been declared academically ineligible (but has a chance to recover, supposedly). Two others failed random drug tests taken March 27 but not received by the UA athletic department this week.

I suspect Billy Gillispie doesn't feel at all bad about turning down Arkansas now. Smile I do feel sorry for the beat writers covering the program; they have to almost feel like they're writing for The Onion at this point.

Besides, Altman's more of an upper Midwest type of guy --- he was never going to fit in with the whole Pig Sooey thing.
Altman left a higher paying kansas state job to return to his alma mater <<sp<<very dedicated to Creighton.
That leaves 2 SEC teams without a coach now.