Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What If?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's say for a moment here that Billy D. decided to stay at Florida. Then just who will be the next coach at UK. Personally I think that it will be Jay Wright now that is just my thoughts what does everyone else think.
If Billy D. doesn't come to Kentucky, UK basketball will explode......it will literally blow up and disappear into space like a pumpkin full of M80's.
If Billy D says no...look for possibly Rick Barnes.
The headhunter has 6 names.
Tom Izzo Or John Pelphery.
I really hope its not John Pelphery because this guy has no experience at a big college.
Donovan didnt either when he took over at Florida (I wouldnt call Marshall basketball big time)..turned out pretty good for them..three nationan championship games in 8 years isnt bad by anybodys standards..
braves_fan_10 Wrote:I really hope its not John Pelphery because this guy has no experience at a big college.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Donovan didnt either when he took over at Florida (I wouldnt call Marshall basketball big time)..turned out pretty good for them..three nationan championship games in 8 years isnt bad by anybodys standards..

Yeah, but remember where UF was before Donovan got there --- 12-16 in its final season under Lon Kruger and had never won the SEC tournament in its history, despite the Final Four appearance under Kruger.

(For that matter, before about 1990 UF sports other than swimming, golf and baseball weren't worth talking much about.)
braves_fan_10 Wrote:I really hope its not John Pelphery because this guy has no experience at a big college.
There is not another coach in the country who cares more about Kentucky basketball than John Pelphrey. My first choice is John with Billy a distant second.
Do a little homework and find out who recruited all those NBA first rounders for Billy.
If billy d comes to uk who does florida bring in
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:Do a little homework and find out who recruited all those NBA first rounders for Billy.
That doesn't even carry weight considering he just went back - to - back with players he brought in.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:Do a little homework and find out who recruited all those NBA first rounders for Billy.

I believe they've already done that homework over in Huntington.
Amun-Ra Wrote:That doesn't even carry weight considering he just went back - to - back with players he brought in.
How does this not carry weight? John Pelphrey had a big part in bringing all those players to Florida.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:How does this not carry weight? John Pelphrey had a big part in bringing all those players to Florida.

John Pelphrey hasn't been coaching at UF since 2002, when he moved to South Alabama.
Pelphry hasnt been gone from florida that long.
TomSportsHack Wrote:John Pelphrey hasn't been coaching at UF since 2002, when he moved to South Alabama.
I may be mistaken but Florida's junior class was Pelphrey's last recruiting class. He then took the job at USA and take a look at what he's done since.
If that's not enough take a look at his past and where he is from. He grew up in a small town in Kentucky, was this states Mr. basketball, and had numerous scholorship offers to play elsewhere but elected to go to UK even when his scholorship offer wasn't offered until he won Mr. baskettball. He stuck with this program when it was at it's lowest and was truley UNFORGETABLE. when Pelphrey, Feldhouse, Woods, and Farmer played for UK you never heard about wins and losses because you saw players play with true pride for there school, and you will never see more heart put into a program. I say it's about time we see that again at UK. Kentucky's program is great because of it's people and I hope they bring John home!
oh I remember his first season at UF..14-15, got beat first round of the NIT, but he beat the eventual national champions in Rupp that year..Florida had been four years removed from their last final four appearance..
TomSportsHack Wrote:Yeah, but remember where UF was before Donovan got there --- 12-16 in its final season under Lon Kruger and had never won the SEC tournament in its history, despite the Final Four appearance under Kruger.

(For that matter, before about 1990 UF sports other than swimming, golf and baseball weren't worth talking much about.)
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:I may be mistaken but Florida's junior class was Pelphrey's last recruiting class. He then took the job at USA and take a look at what he's done since.

The Gators' talented junior class entered school at UF in 2004. Pelphrey has been at South Alabama since March 22, 2002, according to the school's men's basketball web site.
TomSportsHack Wrote:The Gators' talented junior class entered school at UF in 2004. Pelphrey has been at South Alabama since March 22, 2002, according to the school's men's basketball web site.

I stand corrected, but he is a very good recruiter and still my first choice. My oppinion and a quarter will get you a pack of gum.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:I stand corrected, but he is a very good recruiter and still my first choice. My oppinion and a quarter will get you a pack of gum.

[Image: JuicyFruit.gif]

Big Grin
:igiveup:
TomSportsHack Wrote:[Image: JuicyFruit.gif]

Big Grin
TomSportsHack Wrote:I believe they've already done that homework over in Huntington.
I hope donnie jones goes to marshall!!