Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jasper unhappy???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the lexington herald it had jasper saying that he was going home and did not want to say when he would come back... here we go
Panther Thunder Wrote:In the lexington herald it had jasper saying that he was going home and did not want to say when he would come back... here we go

I can't find it but his hometown paper said he just waiting it out to see how the new coach would be because he came because of Tubby Smith. I think he'd have to really hate the new coach for some reason to not come back so I wouldn't look too much into it.
Oh well.... He really didn't do anything anyways in my eyes! We could find anyone in the country to contribute as much as he did!
I would be unhappy to.
Jasper is tough if not the most talent kid left on the team. We want him to stay!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Oh well.... He really didn't do anything anyways in my eyes! We could find anyone in the country to contribute as much as he did!

give him a little more then just his freshman year before you decide that he cant play ball. hell be a good one
Moe Wrote:Jasper is tough if not the most talent kid left on the team. We want him to stay!

IMO Jody Meeks is the best player left on the team.
I spoke with Jared Carter yesterday at the mall and he said he doesnt expect anyone to leave. Said Jasper had planned to go home anyway, and the reporters are reading into the situation a liitle too much. Carter sd a lot of the players were actually a liitle happy with the change, said Stephenson is really excited, sd he was a little unhappy with playing time this year. I would like to see Jasper come back but he has to develop his shot.
listen i liek Jasper and i think he has potential but if he will not shoot or take it to the rack he is a liability.
Of course the players are going to be a little upset/emotional with this sort of thing happening. I mean, Tubby is the one that lured them to the University of Kentucky. He was the guy that led them through an up and down 2006-2007 season. You can't blame them for wanting to see how things turn out. I don't look for anyone to move either. Jasper, IMO, is a solid point guard. I think he sometimes looks to pass before shooting, which is a natural mentality for a PG, but he needs to develop a jump shot, which would make him that much better. These freshman have the potential to be a very solid class. I wasn't disappointed with this particular class when Tubby brought them in. No, they're not a top 10 class, but none of them will go pro. We know (unless something outrageous happens) that they will be here for 4 years. Give this thing some time. I know we're all anxious to see who the new coach will be, and I have faith that Barnhardt will find the right man for the job. I don't take these rumors of transfers and things of that nature too seriously to be honest. I don't think we have anything to worry about. I'm sure things will be just fine, my friends. We're focusing too much on the negatives that could POSSIBLY happen, and not looking to the future, a new beginning, a new era in Kentucky Wildcat basketball.
gish_7 Wrote:IMO Jody Meeks is the best player left on the team.
I agree but both will be tough in a couple years.