Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Middle School Teams in the 14th and 15th Regions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are the best middle school teams in the 14th and 15th regions?
Hazard is the King of the 14th. West Perry, RW Combs, East Perry, Whitesburg, and Mountain View.
No Knott County teams in the mix?
Emmalena beat Mountain View this season.
Jackson City beat all those teams except for Hazard. And done it with only one 8th grader. JCS easily the 2nd best team
Jackson is 3rd best team. On a neutral floor without home cooking they wouldnt play within 15 of Hazard or West.
Actually JCS lost by 6pts on a neutral court to Hazard in the 14th region finals. JCS waxed West Perry by 15 at home. JCS has West Perry beat at every position
From what I heard it was 33 free throws to 4. I did hear you had a good team. What was the score when you played West at West if you played them? Maybe when all their teams combine they will be able to compete with you. Remember thats just one out of their 5 teams. And from what I heard, JC done some serious recruiting.
Jackson City is the legitimate 2nd best team. Stats dont lie. Better at every single position.
Well every position but Center
Night Train you guys have a very strong team. Awesome guards that can fill it up handle thw crap out of it and three dang awesome brute athletes to clean the glass.
Hazard is at least 15 points better than Jackson City on any court and I’d put money on West Perry on a neutral court 8 out of 10 games. JCS can flat fill it up when they are hot, but to say they are better at every position is a stretch.
When they are hot? They stay hot my friend! JCS kids are headed to BHS as freshman. I will take my chances on Breathitt County & John Noble against anyone in the region with this group. Besides that the big fella for West Perry is gonna join this group. PARTY OVER
So, there are some strong opinions about he 14th, but no one is commenting on the 15th. From what I’ve seen and heard in the 15th, Millard, Paintsville, Pikeville, Allen Central Middle, and Adams are the top teams. Does that sound about right?
Paintsville is really good with the big Fugate kid. Have some other solid players as well to go with him.

Pikeville - Has Laithon Hall, who is really good on both ends of the floor. Their center is good as well.

Adams is solid.

Allen Central has Riley Sammons who is very athletic.

Theres some kids that play at the sportsplex on a team called Cobras who has a kid that can absolutely jump out of the gym. Dont know his name but he is talented. Not even sure where he goes to school. His team mates are tuff as well.

I would say the 15th Region has maybe the best teams as compared to the 14th region.
I don’t think anybody in the 15th can compete with Hazard.
I think Paintsville and Pikeville may of beat Hazard but I think as a whole, 15th has better teams. Hazard can compete with about anybody. West, East, and RW struggle outside of Perry County. Jackson City may compete with 15th region teams better but IDK.
Booger Branch Bandit Wrote:I don’t think anybody in the 15th can compete with Hazard.

Paintsville beat Hazard @hazard.
Seriously? I wouldn’t have guessed it. Saw both teams play and would have picked Hazard. You never know until they play the games though.
Hazard is tough guys. Made a great run down at the state tourney this year. Lost in the final 8 to the eventual champ. (Louisville Barret)

Paintsville is tough also but Hazard is more physical
Hindman added Kizer slone , he transferred from Carr creek, nice player and they also have a few more kids, I watched them beat a loaded Allen central team at Sportsplex this week.. they will be one of the best team s in Region this year.
Hindman will be stacked this year out of Knott County
Hindman is loaded this year. They’ll represent knott
lee county with watterson,combs,fox,shuler,little and mccoy are tough as they come
Will Lee be at KBA State in Feb?
yes they will
Hazard is the best team in the 14th region.
it will be a good day to watch some ball in feb. at KBA
Better hope you dont draw JCTMS. Could be quickly placed in the Gold Bracket. They could beat most 14th Region high school teams.