Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Morris Leaves - Signs with Knicks...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2809958

The New York Knicks signed Kentucky center Randolph Morris to a two-year, $1.6 million contract Friday, an NBA source told ESPN Insider Chad Ford
Smile Beat me to it. I'd loved to have seen him stay but he's gotta do what's best for him which was no surprise. Best of luck to Morris in the future.
There are now 3 open scholarships available for next season. Not many players left out there to get to fill these spots.

I would imagine Pettigrew gets that offer now.
No surprises here either as the fallout continues...
alfus21 Wrote:There are now 3 open scholarships available for next season. Not many players left out there to get to fill these spots.

I would imagine Pettigrew gets that offer now.

It would be a positive move for the university at this point. I would like to see it happen.
Who says Tubby didn't recruit NBA talent recently? First Rondo, now Morris.
Good Luck Randolph. I wished he'd stayed but thats how things go.
Dang, We will desperatly need a big man eighter that or Stevenson needs to put on about 150lbs.
Let the Jarrad Carter era begin.....lol

Don't worry gang....we will be fine.
Bengal Cat Wrote:Let the Jarrad Carter era begin.....lol

Don't worry gang....we will be fine.
NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!Confusedmoke:
good luck at the next level morris:rockon:
Good Luck at the next level
problems juss keep reaching us
Good luck to him.
morris is not ready but i wish him well.
Agree with Jamming Jamey, "Fallout" continues. Can anyone name another program n D-1 going through a coaching change and their best player signs with the Knicks the next day!!!

If Tubby just makes those kids in Minnesota go to class, the Gopher program has made a big improvement.

As for the faithful big blue fan, what next? and who do we bring in?
Guys Carter will be fine. They problem he had was playing time. Heck look at this way. There were several big schools after him with North Carolina being one. I thing he can really be big for us.
Things are in disarray right now. But no matter how crazy things get, lets remember this...once a new coach is named, things will begin to get organized and fall into place.
Batpuff Wrote:Guys Carter will be fine. They problem he had was playing time. Heck look at this way. There were several big schools after him with North Carolina being one. I thing he can really be big for us.
I respect you opinion and your knowledge of the game after reading some of your previous threads but I'm not sure Carter is anything other than height. He's slow,weak,injury prone, and can't score. He'll get eat alive as a starting Center in the SEC.
Wish him the best in the NBA
BondJamesBond Wrote:As for the faithful big blue fan, what next? and who do we bring in?

I think we begin to search and see if Sam Bowie or Melvin Turpin have any eligibility left? Smile

Seriously, instead of giving a ride to Pettigrew, which I think would be a good move for the school in terms of positive spin, why not go after a JUCO big man with experience - if there is one?
Good Luck at the next level!!
Bet his head was into signing that contract! See ya..
jammin' jamey Wrote:Who says Tubby didn't recruit NBA talent recently? First Rondo, now Morris.
Hold on...you said talent.

You can't include NBA talent in the same sentance with Morris....NBA body maybe but not talent.