Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who will be the new coach at UK?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Please keep all coach wishes and thoughts here so the "Tubby out" thread will remain easy to read. Thanks.
alfus21 Wrote:Please keep all coach wishes and thoughts here so the "Tubby out" thread will remain easy to read. Thanks.

Alfus are coach changes going to be made? I don't know but the situation at hand is kind of scary. If tubby goes we could be down for more than a few years. If he stays and we get the PP and JL we could be a quality team the next couple of years. It's kind of hard situation for us Kentucky fans. I have heard that if Tubby leaves that PP would not come. Then what if some our current role players like Meeks decided to transfer..

Anyway, back to thread topic. If changes are made I would love to see Rick Pitino..:rockon:
Smile sorry alfus.. I just saw the other thread about tubby being out of UK.. I have been in the hospital for three days. Wow this is shocking news. I never expected Ky would give him the boot. Not this year anyway.
I didn't expect it either man. I thought he would at least be back next season for another go round on this rollercoaster. I have ill feelings towards his resignation so for now I don't even want to imagine another coach here. I'm just looking up some good Golden Gopher gear to wear next season. Smile
alfus21 Wrote:I didn't expect it either man. I thought he would at least be back next season for another go round on this rollercoaster. I have ill feelings towards his resignation so for now I don't even want to imagine another coach here. I'm just looking up some good Golden Gopher gear to wear next season. Smile

SmileSmile You know what would be ironic is if Tubby takes the gophers to the tourney next year and we met up and they beat us:eek:

You heard any reliable news about the front runners for the job?
are there any prospects? i mean it was so sudden. at least when Pitino left he had Tubby in line as a replacement.
calQlate Wrote:SmileSmile You know what would be ironic is if Tubby takes the gophers to the tourney next year and we met up and they beat us:eek:

You heard any reliable news about the front runners for the job?

That would be awesome. Like I said in the other thread they are my 2nd favorite team now. :Clap:

And I have heard absolutely nothing about the front runner, but I imagine we'll here something soon.
My guess is that some prospects might be announced tomorrow during the press conference.
Billy Donovan is not the highest paid coach at Florida anymore, Urban Meyer is. Will that play into anything?

I have mixed feelings about this because as QQ says, we are guaranteed to lose Patterson and Lucas now and Morris will leave, so where does this leave us?
Amun-Ra Wrote:are there any prospects? i mean it was so sudden. at least when Pitino left he had Tubby in line as a replacement.

I hope Rick Pitino is in the mix..
I doubt it will be rick or billy. And steve alford just took a job so who knows.
And I"m sorry, but I don't think John Pelphrey is qualified. He can't land the South Florida job over Winthrop's coach.
alfus21 Wrote:That would be awesome. Like I said in the other thread they are my 2nd favorite team now. :Clap:

And I have heard absolutely nothing about the front runner, but I imagine we'll here something soon.
some fan, wanting us to get beat. listen i dont care who the coach is. Tubby can stay till he dies as long as we start winning. i will never hope that UK loses one friggin game.
UK may be in bad shape next year. Side not: I love reading post by calQlate and I dont know why.
Amun-Ra Wrote:some fan, wanting us to get beat. listen i dont care who the coach is. Tubby can stay till he dies as long as we start winning. i will never hope that UK loses one friggin game.

Amen.
calQlate Wrote:I hope Rick Pitino is in the mix..
and YES that would be great.
Amun-Ra Wrote:some fan, wanting us to get beat. listen i dont care who the coach is. Tubby can stay till he dies as long as we start winning. i will never hope that UK loses one friggin game.

I'm sorry but where did I say I hope we lose. I said Minn. was my 2nd favorite team. Nothing more nothing less.
no Alfus. the post before that comment stated that we could meet Minn. in the tourney and they could beat us. Then u said "That would be awesome".
Sportsline just posted the story and mentioned the following names of possible replacements: Billy Donovan, Billy Gillispie, John Calipari, Tom Crean, Jay Wright, Thad Matta, Mark Few, and Rick Barnes.
http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketb...y/10080650
Im still not counting out D'antoni. And Id like to see Few, Pelphrey, Izzo (I just like Izzo, lol), and Ford's names mentioned.... now that the biggest job in the country has a job opening, there will be several big name coaches' names thrown around. I would still love to see Pelphrey, as I know many of you think he isnt capable of leading a major D1 program, but thats what my heart says. But Id love to see D'antoni come to Lexington. The state and the fans will love him and his style. Its going to be a big blue circus until somebody is hired.
some good coaches there.
Amun-Ra Wrote:no Alfus. the post before that comment stated that we could meet Minn. in the tourney and they could beat us. Then u said "That would be awesome".

I love UK but that would be pretty neat to me for all the crap Tubby put up with here. I would root for UK but it wouldn't bother me if it happened. :eek:
MARK FEW! What about D'antoni or however you spell his name? I don't want Tom Crean, his style will put you too sleep as well! Calipari would be an awesome pickup and of course Donovan but I am not seeing that one!
and Ill bet that Rick Pitino is salivating right about now...I hope to never hear his name mentioned during this hiring process. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME.
alfus21 Wrote:I love UK but that would be pretty neat to me for all the crap Tubby put up with here. I would root for UK but it wouldn't bother me if it happened. :eek:
well it would me. I know losing happens but i will never see a loss where it doesn't bother me.
I would love to see Donovan come to Lexington, but I doubt that he'd leave Florida...just my opinion though..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:MARK FEW! What about D'antoni or however you spell his name? I don't want Tom Crean, his style will put you too sleep as well! Calipari would be an awesome pickup and of course Donovan but I am not seeing that one!
I bet Billy D. is really thanking Tubby for this distraction right now. LOL.

I'm for Thad Matta.
LOL, no kidding bro...for the rest of the tournament, I look for Billy D to put a big piece of paper on the front of his podium that reads "PLEASE NO QUESTIONS ABOUT THE KENTUCKY JOB. THANK YOU. SINCERELY, BILLY DONOVAN"..
jammin' jamey Wrote:I bet Billy D. is really thanking Tubby for this distraction right now. LOL.

I'm for Thad Matta.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:LOL, no kidding bro...for the rest of the tournament, I look for Billy D to put a big piece of paper on the front of his podium that reads "PLEASE NO QUESTIONS ABOUT THE KENTUCKY JOB. THANK YOU. SINCERELY, BILLY DONOVAN"..

SmileSmile
Is Tom Crean a consideration. I would much rather see Billy D, or Pitino..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6