Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Marshall calls D'Antoni about job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It might be a call made four years too late but at least credit the Marshall administration for asking this time around.
WSAZ has learned that Marshall did contact Mike D'Antoni by phone about any interest he has in the vacant Marshall coaching job. Four years ago, D'Antoni was an assistant with Phoenix and was very interested in talking to Marshall about the job when Greg White resigned. Marshall did not pursue D'Antoni and many Herd fans are still upset about the apparent lack of interest on the school's part.
Now D'Antoni is a year removed from winning the NBA Coach of the Year honors and has coached the Suns to the second best record in the league.
Sources tell us the Suns coach was pleased to get the call but told Marshall he's very happy where he is.
No word whether Marshall would pursue Mike's brother Danny, who's an assistant on the Suns staff and a former Marshall star as well.

http://www.wsaz.com/sports/headlines/6604567.html
If he goes to Marshall I'll be very suprised. They don't deserve a coach like him. Marshall doen't support their basketball team.
I would've thought that Donnie Jones, assistant at Florida and alumni of Pikeville College & Marshall, would be the lead candidate.
Kentucky would love to get him but their fans donr deserve him,
Old school Dawg Wrote:Kentucky would love to get him but their fans donr deserve him,
Are you being sarcastic, surely your being sarcastic. Because if you know anything about Marshall Basketball you know that the largest crowd to ever watch a basketball game in the Cam Henderson(now there was a coach) Center(the home of the Herd) was there for a Huntington High game. Not a Marshall game a High School Game!

The place seats just over 9,000 and they can't even put that many in a seat for Homecoming, Senior night, or a playoff game.

UK on the other hand seats 23,000 plus and sell's over 21,000 every night.

So I know your being sarcastic,........ right?
DevilsWin Wrote:Are you being sarcastic, surely your being sarcastic. Because if you know anything about Marshall Basketball you know that the largest crowd to ever watch a basketball game in the Cam Henderson(now there was a coach) Center(the home of the Herd) was there for a Huntington High game. Not a Marshall game a High School Game!

The place seats just over 9,000 and they can't even put that many in a seat for Homecoming, Senior night, or a playoff game.

UK on the other hand seats 23,000 plus and sell's over 21,000 every night.

So I know your being sarcastic,........ right?
Yep being sarcastic.I dont think he would come to Marshall.His brother might who is an assistant to his brother.This was a makeup call to try to make up for not calling him 4 years ago.I would love to see Kentucky get him.As far as knowing Marshall,,I know them very very well.They needed to make a coaching change in the worst way.But yes Devils win being sacastic,,because not too many people if any thought D,antoni would be a good pick for UK.Probably because alot of kentuckians are anti west virginia and he is actually from Mullins West Virginia.Did you know he was Kobe Bryants favorite player in the Italian leauge and he loved to wear D,antoni 'sp' number 8
Old school Dawg Wrote:Yep being sarcastic.I dont think he would come to Marshall.His brother might who is an assistant to his brother.This was a makeup call to try to make up for not calling him 4 years ago.I would love to see Kentucky get him.As far as knowing Marshall,,I know them very very well.They needed to make a coaching change in the worst way.

:thumpsup:
I edited my post keep reading devils win