Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scotty Hopson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im not a Tubby Basher......as long as Tubby is the Coach at UK, I support him.....But does anyone know how we missed a 5 star SG in our own state? He is rated #2 at his position for 2008.

Here is his link:
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/v..._key=50129
Belfry44 Wrote:Im not a Tubby Basher......as long as Tubby is the Coach at UK, I support him.....But does anyone know how we missed a 5 star SG in our own state? He is rated #2 at his position for 2008.

Here is his link:
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/v..._key=50129

Most of the buzz on Hopson is that he is not a 5 star caliber player. He committed to MSU but the rumor mill says he is likely to back out to pursue other options.

He didn't have a big time year compared to the likes of Darius Miller or even Bud Mackey, and most people including Tubby bashers aren't too upset about not getting this kid with an attitude problem
I just wish UK could get a 5 star recurit worth something.....
This is the first I had heard about him.
they should recruit vanhoose baby!!!
Didn't Hobson already commit to Miss State?
Did anyone see him play at the All-A State Tournament? When things were easy for him (no defense) he dazzled the crowd, but when Brossart threw some moderate defense in his face he QUIT with a capital Q! He is also lazy and does not have much of a work ethic. My opinion only but validated by others who know his situation over in Hoptown. Not a "Tubby-type" player. If he does decide to go to UK instead of Mississippi State he will light up Midnight Madness with his dunking prowess. Great athlete but there is so much more to playing ball than being an athlete...not a team player.
UK is high in recruiting Darius Miller right now out of Mason County, and from what I've read, Miller is VERY interested in attending UK. But he is just a junior, so there is a lot of time for other schools to compete. But Hopson seems like an excellent player, but like you all said, he does have somewhat of an attitude issue. I'm sure if he had some discipline next season, he could be molded into an even better ballplayer. And, -STATS-, how could you not have heard of him? You know more about basketball than anyone I know. HaHa
or he might just be another fitch or carruth
bizmark Wrote:or he might just be another fitch or carruth

How does Fitch and Carruth tie in together?
they were both more trouble then they were worth
bizmark Wrote:they were both more trouble then they were worth

I hope you're thinking of Adam Chiles and not Fitch. He only had one incident where he got into it with Cory Sears, and his talent and play on the court were well worth it.
I wouldn't mind having Hopson at UK. Good scoring guard, its really what UK may need. As for Miller of Mason Co. He is almost a lock at UK IMO. I think he'll commit to UK before August.